BatMan VS. SuperMan Dawn of Justice Review Messages in this topic - RSS

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer

3/25/2016

Aloha and Pardon the Cyber Interruption, But wanted to post some humble thoughts regarding said movie...

Let me preface this review by acknowledging that by the time Wonder Woman finally arrives in full costume during this lengthy DC/Warner Bro. offering, it becomes apparent that every Man (maybe Woman) and for sure teenage boy, would gladly welcome a SexBot in her Image. She is truly remarkable.
BatMan vs. SuperMan is almost 3 hours of movie celluloid with an abundant amount of information that strives to develop character metamorphosis and prospective plot scenario, to eventually parlay this intense adventure into a future Justice League film. So moral of the story...Hang in there and have plenty of snacks, maybe liquor to rely on.
Let's cut to the obvious question. Ben Affleck as The BatMan. Oddly enough the cunning use of a Dark monotone delivery coupled with an always effective 2 day old razor stubble and a Hulk Hogan like physique surprisingly delivers a believable BatMan that does not suck.
Lex Luthor has a frenetic delivery, obviously due to containing a vast amount of neurons in a small skull, which makes for a 3-Dimensional character that will grow on you throughout the film. He is Awesome!
I must say Amy Adams as wonderful as she can be was a bit too ordinary and girl next door in this part and needed a little more angst from spending time on a casting couch to receive this part. Nuff Said...
SPECIAL Effects and Fight scene action is over the top and i almost blew a hamstring watching the destruction at times (which is a good thing). The SuperMan vs BatMan debacle is legendary with more back and forth action than a good Mortal Combat vs DC Universe session.. HOWEVER, if you think a bathroom break is in order after this Fight, Do NOT Move, as the soon to be JUSTICE LEAGUE enters into an Epic battle with none other but DOOMSDAY, that will nearly give you Epilepsy. (Also meaning it's Awesome!)
Overall, this film is a B, BUT only because of length and the writers trying hard to stuff the Thanksgiving Turkey with 2-1/2 movies worth of information. Otherwise, well worth the 10 bucks!

That's my two cents

RnR-GP
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

3/27/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Thanks for the spoiler...
0 link
Smallville0608
Smallville0608

3/27/2016

Smallville0608
Smallville0608
Liked the movie, did not care for Lex Luthor, poor casting choice.
0 link
RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer

3/27/2016

Well, with the Professional Critics, that have participated in critiquing to the point of revealing the entire script, i hoped to only bring an entertaining review to entertain interest, not spoil... You Rock, I appreciate the post! jokerbangedquinn wrote:
0 link
Smallville0608
Smallville0608

3/29/2016

Smallville0608
Smallville0608
Hopefully the extended edition will flesh it out a little better.
0 link
gregbrookins
gregbrookins

3/29/2016

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I'll admit the build up was a bit droll, but the pay-off was worth it. Spoiler warning:
You were warned...lol
I really like how from the start they tie in batman with what happened in the previous Superman movie. I think they could have done without some of the backstory, but overall they caught anyone up nicely. Excellent Segway for Justice League, but I dislike character discontinuity. Perfectly good Flash already established, don't need a new one. I love Jason Momoa, so Aquaman should be interesting.
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

4/3/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Really bad writing for this one. First 45 minutes was okay middle dragged. End was good. Gadot was great. Doomsday was ridiculously overpowered. The Superman incident made zero sense. Batman's dream within a dream was unintelligible. Luthor was really poorly acted and written and if they are going dark and brooding for Flash that will be an epic fail. All that aside it wasn't bad but sure wasn't good and I really don't get why some folks went so gaga over it. Perhaps they just aren't as well versed on DC mythos as they would think. It clear the screenwriter and Snyder aren't.
edited by Oxbladder on 4/3/2016
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

4/3/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
RocknRollguitarplayer wrote:
Well, with the Professional Critics, that have participated in critiquing to the point of revealing the entire script, i hoped to only bring an entertaining review to entertain interest, not spoil... You Rock, I appreciate the post! jokerbangedquinn wrote:

Some of us intentionally avoid any press and reviews until we have seen the movie. If you can, in the future, preface with a comment that your post contains spoilers, either in the topic title or first few lines of your post it allows people to avoid getting their entertainment spoiled.
0 link