X-MEN APOCALYPSE Messages in this topic - RSS

Crowman
Crowman

5/28/2016

Crowman
Crowman
I was in Manila last week and saw the new X-Men film the day it was released on May 18th. Somewhat surprised nobody has opened a discussion on this yet?

I don't want to say too much lest I spoil it for you guys, but I quite enjoyed the film..... great battle scenes. Psylock was really good, but was not so keen on seeing Sansa Stark as Jean Grey.

One thing that puzzles me is who is the speedster? It cannot be Pietro Maximoff as he dies in Avengers Age of Ultron. Is he a new character?
There is the usual teaser at the end credits, but not entirely sure what that was about either. It reveals a company name that I will have to research a wee bit. smile
Hope you enjoy it.
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

5/29/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
Quicksilver and the Scarlett Witch (or Pietro and Wanda Maximoff, if you prefer) both exist in a strange license limbo. The character in Age of Ultron is the same character as Days of Future Past and Apocalypse. This is because Marvel retained the rights to the Avengers and their main members,while Fox got the rights to the X-Men, Magneto, the term mutants and most other things related to the X-Titles. Quicksilver and the Scarlett Witch are partially covered by both licenses, so while Marvel can use them in their movies, they cannot refer to them as mutants or mention that their father was Magneto. This is why they became the result of experiments in Avengers, while Quicksilver is a mutant in Days of Future Past. And they probably killed Quicksilver in Age of Ultron to avoid confusion over having the same character in two different and unrelated movies (the X-Men movies are completely unrelated to the Avengers movies)..
0 link
captnwilli
captnwilli

5/30/2016

captnwilli
captnwilli
I went into this movie with guarded expectations. Not high, but not too low either. But then I started watching it and I thought, so far, this is pretty damn good. I wondered when would it start to go down hill? But it never did!! In fact, (imo) it just kept getting better and better!!! For me this was a fantastic movie!!!
I enjoyed it much more than Civil War. First Deadpool and now this?
I can't wait for Fox's next installment! Can they make it 3 out of 3 especially for a critic like me? I guess only time will tell.
Just my thoughts on it.
I always enjoy others opinions on this stuff.
0 link
Crowman
Crowman

6/1/2016

Crowman
Crowman
I understand the end teaser now.... I should have sussed it out sooner. I blame the amount of alcohol in my bloodstream at the time. smile

Suffice to say that a certain back issue of Uncanny X-Men will show some heat as a result of this as it will mean the big screen debut of one of the X-Men's major antagonists.
0 link
Crowman
Crowman

6/1/2016

Crowman
Crowman
Oh, and thanks for the explanation CapnDoug!

Shame though as it will probably mean we will never see an Avengers/X-Men crossover film.
0 link
Jetfire426
Jetfire426

6/1/2016

Jetfire426
Jetfire426
havent seen it yet but i know i will i really enjoyed future past when i saw that, and when i watched the first movie 2yrs after it came out i felt like a idiot that i waited so long to watch, so i;m looking forward to checking out this one...
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

6/3/2016

colbalt91
colbalt91
I just saw it tonight. It was pretty good. This time there was a cameo by Stan Lee and his wife. Now the movie is in the eighties which causes me confusion because I have to keep all the movies straight plus all the comic books I have read. Plus some of the actors have changed.
0 link
lealew7
lealew7

6/9/2016

lealew7
lealew7
i wouldn't rule out the cross over of x-men/avengers because there are many x-men members that become avengers in the future; ahheemm wolverine.....Big Grin anyways, i have not seen the movie yet, but i have my own reserved opinions on it because they are reintroducing characters in different ways and at different times than they originally were in the comics and cartoons. we saw jubilee back in the first movie, but didn't really care, but now there is a new person coming to as jubilee; and now they intro psylock with young storm, young nightcrawler and storm ( if anyone remembers the second xmen movie when they apparently first met then....) any ways, then you have no gambit still and he was once a key member in the original... and i won't get back into the quicksliver thing, but if anyone recalls, no one ever referred to the avengers maximof as quicksilver, so connecting the two maximof characters in the future from xmen and avengers would be ok. back then, i'm sure magneto had more than one lady friend wink no dissin on any characters or movies, i am just refreshing on some things is all. but i am excited no matter what to see the future BLACK PANTHER, ANT MAN/WASP, INFINITY WARS, AND SO ON Big Grin any other opinions out there? i love this stuff!!!
0 link
RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer

6/14/2016

IMO X-Men Apocalypse (though entertaining) tried to include too much information into one movie and needed to build and develop ideas over the course of a couple movies (this is Apocalypse a COMPLEX Omnipotent Character). Apocalypse costume is sub-novice and needs to be re-tooled. Marvel/Disney needs to run the show on this franchise ASAP and be in the creative room when they unleash Mister Sinister in upcoming film...

lealew7 wrote:
i wouldn't rule out the cross over of x-men/avengers because there are many x-men members that become avengers in the future; ahheemm wolverine.....Big Grin anyways, i have not seen the movie yet, but i have my own reserved opinions on it because they are reintroducing characters in different ways and at different times than they originally were in the comics and cartoons. we saw jubilee back in the first movie, but didn't really care, but now there is a new person coming to as jubilee; and now they intro psylock with young storm, young nightcrawler and storm ( if anyone remembers the second xmen movie when they apparently first met then....) any ways, then you have no gambit still and he was once a key member in the original... and i won't get back into the quicksliver thing, but if anyone recalls, no one ever referred to the avengers maximof as quicksilver, so connecting the two maximof characters in the future from xmen and avengers would be ok. back then, i'm sure magneto had more than one lady friend wink no dissin on any characters or movies, i am just refreshing on some things is all. but i am excited no matter what to see the future BLACK PANTHER, ANT MAN/WASP, INFINITY WARS, AND SO ON Big Grin any other opinions out there? i love this stuff!!!
+1 link
expander
expander

10/8/2016

expander
expander
I got this on bluray for my birthday and enjoyed it for the most part.

Not sure how many of you watch youtube videos about movies but, there's a channel called "cinema sins" puts out some funny stuff, also great channels
"How It Should Have Ended" (HISHE)
and
"Honest Trailers"

All I could think of the whole time I was watching the movie was: Emo hair nightcrawler "DING!"

Lets see if i can find it to link to....nope doesn't look like he's done one for X-Men:Apocalypse yet.

next best thing:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F1ir4kVRc0
0 link