Pub(s): Marvel, Image / Top Cow
Vol: 1
Num: 1
Feb 1997
$2.95

Warren Ellis
Billy Tan Mung Koy
D-Tron

I don't know if anybody will read this... But wouldn't it be better if _I_ could enter this information and put it in a PENDING state? That way I could actually ENTER the comic and put it back into my box versus leaving it aside and waiting for it to be entered and then checking back say in a week or a month ALL of the titles I have had to set aside.

If the item I've entered is somehow a duplicate, then mark it as such and let me know. Or "needs work", like a larger image.

But if the item is truly a NEW ENTRY, then there is less work for you. Plus this would start a logical workflow versus looking at a POST and then YOU doing the work. Maybe you have a POST scraper and the information is loaded for you automatically?
10/23/2016
Topic:
Comic runs spread between boxes... HELP!

psmart
psmart
THANK YOU!! I'll check that out...
10/23/2016
Topic:
Adding new comic / title workflow...

psmart
psmart
I don't know if anybody will read this... But wouldn't it be better if _I_ could enter new comic information and put it in a PENDING state? That way I could actually ENTER the comic and put it back into my box versus leaving it aside and waiting for it to be entered and then checking back say in a week or a month ALL of the titles I have had to set aside.

I have already run a few searches... Nothing found. Then I'll pull the comic OUT of the bag and figure out the REAL title in the tiny print... Verifying that I've searched for something wrong (or correct). THEN go to the publisher's page and scan the starting letter. So far this has been alphabetical. THEN go to the other publisher's page (in the case of Ghost Rider / Ballistic) and scan again. Once you do that you have to go to the forum.... HERE.

Make ME do the work. I've already pulled the comic out, I'm more apt to enter some VERY DETAILED information about the comic. Add a "captcha" so there is no rogue comic adding robot to blow up your database.

If the item I've entered is somehow a duplicate, then mark it as such and let me know. Or "needs work", like a larger image.

But if the item is truly a NEW ENTRY, then there is less work for you. Plus this would start a logical workflow versus looking at a POST and then YOU doing the work. And I could check some sort of status. Maybe you have a POST scraper and the information is loaded for you automatically?

I would like to put this comic BACK into the box it came from, but as a rule I keep these in a separate pile. WHEN should I check back to see if the title is in the database?

All in all I LOVE the site... You guys have done have done an EXCELLENT job. I'm THANKFUL that MOST of the comics I own are already in the database. I'm approaching 8,000 comics entered and have about 82,000 to go... So needless to say I'm concerned about this process.
10/23/2016
Topic:
Ballistic / Wolverine

psmart
psmart
Seriously? Nobody has this issue?

Pub: Marvel, Image
Vol: 1
Num: 1
$2.95
Feb 1997
10/30/2016
Topic:
Where have all the peoples gone...

psmart
psmart
Just showin' up...
10/30/2016
Topic:
DENGEKI American Comics?

psmart
psmart
I seem to be finding more and more of these in my collection. CPG doesn't consider this a valid publisher (at least they're not in the DB).

Most of the text is in Japanese, but the books I have are effectively TPB's of Spawn comics. Some others as well.

How do I get these into the DB? Do Japanese reprints not count? Am I the only one that has these? Certainly not.

The pile that is not in this DB keeps growing and I'd really like to NOT have to segregate these babies.

THANKS!!
10/31/2016
Topic:
Comic runs spread between boxes... HELP!

psmart
psmart
I was looking for more of a report that would show me any "stray" titles... THEN I could move them. This shows how to move them. That's great. I've done that for the ones that I KNOW are in the wrong box. But what if my Catwoman is in 3 different boxes. A report would show me which ones are in each box.
edited by psmart on 10/31/2016
10/31/2016
Topic:
the walking dead s7 premier

psmart
psmart
I just stick with the hard covers. And I let my friends borrow them. Book 13 should come by Friday. Typically finish those books in just under 3 hours, then I gotta wait another year. upset
11/5/2016
Topic:
Withblade #8 FACT inaccurate...

psmart
psmart
The "FACT" on Witchblade #8 says $2.25 cover price. All of mine have the $2.50 cover price and I'm pretty sure the picture in the database has $2.50 as well.
11/5/2016
Topic:
Moving Comics To New Box...

psmart
psmart
I'm having an issue with moving comics to a new box.

I have accidentally added a BUNCH of Witchblade to the wrong box (91). Luckily they are all sorted at the END of my box that ends with Savant Guard. To make sure I'm not selecting any of the wrong comics it makes sense to start from the end and work backwards. I select that page of Witchblade and the ALL move to the new box (92) and when the page refreshes it says I have NO comics in my current box. And there is NO navigation tool that I have pinned since the site things I don't have comics in the box. I panic.

I go back to "My Comics Boxes" and pop down that box (91) and it still has comics in it. WHEW. But when I OPEN the box the page is saying I have no comics (and the navigation is still gone for that view). I open a different box, page through it, and then close it. Then I open that same box and it has remembered what page I'm on. AHA!! Box 91 is still remembering that I'm on a page where I've moved all the comics and there is no way to back fill this since it's the LAST page.

The ONLY way I have found to clear fix this problem is to CLOSE the browser, navigate to that box and REopen it. That gets old.

Hopefully you'll FIX this issue, because more often that not after I create a NEW box I FORGET to make that one active and I start adding comics to the previous box. Wouldn't it be great if the NEW box automatically became the ACTIVE box? Just a though.
11/5/2016
Topic:
Witchblade Collected Editions (Boxed Sets) ???

psmart
psmart
I have a few of these. Some are just the editions, but I also have the set 1-4 in a special box.

Is there a place for these special boxed sets on this site? Or do I just track each issue in the set?

Two of the boxes are signed by Turner and Wohl so I'm not sure how to track that if the entire set isn't tracked.
11/9/2016
Topic:
Ballistic / Wolverine

psmart
psmart
THANK YOU!!

The name on the publishing page had "Ballistic / Wolverine" so I didn't think of searching for Devil's Reign.

I think I ended up finding it based on some other searches about two weeks later.
11/12/2016
Topic:
Missing Title (Deuces High) & Publisher

psmart
psmart
TITLE

Deuces High

PUBLISHER

Balance Comics

COUNTRY PUBLISHED

COUNTRY PRINTED

VOLUME #

ISSUE #

VARIANT

Regular

DATE

PRICE
$

Submitted
by psmart (for search purposes)
11/12/2016
Topic:
Missing Title B.C. Ants

psmart
psmart
This link is CLOSE, but title reflects ashcan only.
http://comicspriceguide.com/titles/bc-ants-free-antcan/thwuk

TITLE

B.C. Ants

PUBLISHER

B.A.D.D. Press

COUNTRY PUBLISHED

COUNTRY PRINTED

VOLUME #

ISSUE #

VARIANT

Regular

DATE

Nov-97

PRICE
$

edited by psmart on 11/12/2016
11/12/2016
Topic:
Missing Title - Blood for the Muse: Agony, Ecstasy

psmart
psmart

TITLE

Blood for the Muse: Agony,
Ecstasy, Tragedy

PUBLISHER

Blind Wolf

COUNTRY PUBLISHED

COUNTRY PRINTED

VOLUME #

ISSUE #

VARIANT

Regular

DATE

Jun-05

PRICE
$
11/12/2016
Topic:
Missing Title - Talismen (& Publisher)

psmart
psmart

TITLE

Talismen

PUBLISHER

Blink Comics

COUNTRY PUBLISHED

COUNTRY PRINTED

VOLUME #

ISSUE #

VARIANT

Regular

DATE

Sep-97

PRICE
$
11/12/2016
Topic:
Missing Title - Bloodshed Requiem Halloween Spec.

psmart
psmart

TITLE

Bloodshed Requiem Halloween
Special

PUBLISHER

Damage Press

COUNTRY PUBLISHED

COUNTRY PRINTED

VOLUME #

ISSUE #

VARIANT

Regular

DATE

PRICE
$
11/12/2016
Topic:
Missing Title - Dark Angel (Boneyard 1997)

psmart
psmart
TITLE

Dark Angel

PUBLISHER

Boneyard Press

COUNTRY PUBLISHED

COUNTRY PRINTED

VOLUME #

ISSUE #

VARIANT

Regular

DATE

Aug-97

PRICE
$
11/12/2016
Topic:
Missing Title - Dark Angel #3 (Boneyard 1997)

psmart
psmart

TITLE

Dark Angel

PUBLISHER

Boneyard Press

COUNTRY PUBLISHED

COUNTRY PRINTED

VOLUME #

ISSUE #

VARIANT

Regular