Moving Comics To New Box... Messages in this topic - RSS

psmart
psmart

11/5/2016

psmart
psmart
I'm having an issue with moving comics to a new box.

I have accidentally added a BUNCH of Witchblade to the wrong box (91). Luckily they are all sorted at the END of my box that ends with Savant Guard. To make sure I'm not selecting any of the wrong comics it makes sense to start from the end and work backwards. I select that page of Witchblade and the ALL move to the new box (92) and when the page refreshes it says I have NO comics in my current box. And there is NO navigation tool that I have pinned since the site things I don't have comics in the box. I panic.

I go back to "My Comics Boxes" and pop down that box (91) and it still has comics in it. WHEW. But when I OPEN the box the page is saying I have no comics (and the navigation is still gone for that view). I open a different box, page through it, and then close it. Then I open that same box and it has remembered what page I'm on. AHA!! Box 91 is still remembering that I'm on a page where I've moved all the comics and there is no way to back fill this since it's the LAST page.

The ONLY way I have found to clear fix this problem is to CLOSE the browser, navigate to that box and REopen it. That gets old.

Hopefully you'll FIX this issue, because more often that not after I create a NEW box I FORGET to make that one active and I start adding comics to the previous box. Wouldn't it be great if the NEW box automatically became the ACTIVE box? Just a though.
0 link
netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

11/8/2016

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to incorporate this into our new site so it'll be a little clearer on the UI.
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

11/8/2016

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
psmart wrote:
I'm having an issue with moving comics to a new box.

I have accidentally added a BUNCH of Witchblade to the wrong box (91). Luckily they are all sorted at the END of my box that ends with Savant Guard. To make sure I'm not selecting any of the wrong comics it makes sense to start from the end and work backwards. I select that page of Witchblade and the ALL move to the new box (92) and when the page refreshes it says I have NO comics in my current box. And there is NO navigation tool that I have pinned since the site things I don't have comics in the box. I panic.

I go back to "My Comics Boxes" and pop down that box (91) and it still has comics in it. WHEW. But when I OPEN the box the page is saying I have no comics (and the navigation is still gone for that view). I open a different box, page through it, and then close it. Then I open that same box and it has remembered what page I'm on. AHA!! Box 91 is still remembering that I'm on a page where I've moved all the comics and there is no way to back fill this since it's the LAST page.

The ONLY way I have found to clear fix this problem is to CLOSE the browser, navigate to that box and REopen it. That gets old.

Hopefully you'll FIX this issue, because more often that not after I create a NEW box I FORGET to make that one active and I start adding comics to the previous box. Wouldn't it be great if the NEW box automatically became the ACTIVE box? Just a though.

So you're just numbering your boxes without naming them also? Could become confusing Duhh I name all my boxes, found that easier to keep straight. Just a thought. Wiggle
0 link
psmart
psmart

11/13/2016

psmart
psmart
I name my boxes as well. I just didn't want to type the names in.

Box #1 is actually "10 - Dark Horse" and then the description is Star Wars ==> X

I really try to be as organized as possible although my basement is a cluster. wink
0 link