Adding new comic / title workflow... Messages in this topic - RSS

psmart
psmart

10/23/2016

psmart
psmart
I don't know if anybody will read this... But wouldn't it be better if _I_ could enter new comic information and put it in a PENDING state? That way I could actually ENTER the comic and put it back into my box versus leaving it aside and waiting for it to be entered and then checking back say in a week or a month ALL of the titles I have had to set aside.

I have already run a few searches... Nothing found. Then I'll pull the comic OUT of the bag and figure out the REAL title in the tiny print... Verifying that I've searched for something wrong (or correct). THEN go to the publisher's page and scan the starting letter. So far this has been alphabetical. THEN go to the other publisher's page (in the case of Ghost Rider / Ballistic) and scan again. Once you do that you have to go to the forum.... HERE.

Make ME do the work. I've already pulled the comic out, I'm more apt to enter some VERY DETAILED information about the comic. Add a "captcha" so there is no rogue comic adding robot to blow up your database.

If the item I've entered is somehow a duplicate, then mark it as such and let me know. Or "needs work", like a larger image.

But if the item is truly a NEW ENTRY, then there is less work for you. Plus this would start a logical workflow versus looking at a POST and then YOU doing the work. And I could check some sort of status. Maybe you have a POST scraper and the information is loaded for you automatically?

I would like to put this comic BACK into the box it came from, but as a rule I keep these in a separate pile. WHEN should I check back to see if the title is in the database?

All in all I LOVE the site... You guys have done have done an EXCELLENT job. I'm THANKFUL that MOST of the comics I own are already in the database. I'm approaching 8,000 comics entered and have about 82,000 to go... So needless to say I'm concerned about this process.
+1 link