psmart

all messages by user

6/11/2016
Topic:
Missing Issue - CiCi #1 Ashcan (Pub--Spilled Milk)

psmart
psmart
This issue I published a year before the first issue came out so I would have something to show at the SDCC.
The Ashcan was published in August 2001. I was able to use Monte's cover because he was DONE, Digital Chameleon was VERY slow. The cover of the ashcan does NOT have the company logo on it, but it does have the website at the bottom.
6/11/2016
Topic:
Missing Title - Star Wars Battle of the Bounty Hun

psmart
psmart
Star Wars Battle of the Bounty Hunters
Dark Horse
$17.95
"The pop-up comic book!"
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071220174023/starwars/images/f/f0/Battlebountyhunters.jpg
6/11/2016
Topic:
Missing Issue - Star Wars Dark Empire Preview

psmart
psmart
Dark Horse
$0.99
March 1996
http://covers.cbrd.info/16e9f37d5925c2d741c05d3394591da1_xl.jpg
6/11/2016
Topic:
Search with apostrophe...

psmart
psmart
If I search using an apostrophe the search should find things with or without apostrophe.
I searched for Empire's End and I got a title I wasn't looking for. Then I took the apostrophe out and then Star Wars Empires End showed up in the results. The title actually has an apostrophe, so I would expect to have gotten it in my first search.
Maybe there could be a way to do either search if there is an apostrophe or not.
THANKS! I'm not exactly sure where to post this or how to submit this as a feature of the site.
Why are the titles stored without the apostrophe? I saw the same thing with Splinter of the Mind's Eye
edited by psmart on 6/11/2016
6/12/2016
Topic:
Missing Issue - Batman Incorporated The Deluxe Edi

psmart
psmart
Batman Incorporated The Deluxe Edition
DC
$29.99
I tried to add this as a variant and I got "The issue already exists". I looked at the cover gallery and didn't see it.
10/2/2016
Topic:
When searching: "&" and "and" should be synonyms..

psmart
psmart
If the cover text has an ampersand between Batman & Robin and yet it's stored in the system as Batman AND Robin I would expect the item to be found. I'm SLOWLY learning these issues with the search process... Like NEVER use an apostrophe and some other undocumented "features" of search. I guess I would expect things to work a certain way. I shouldn't have to THINK too much when searching for items. I'm not really sure where to put this rant, but since I figured this was an open forum I'd air out my gripe. If this makes it to one of the sysadmins, then GREAT!
I just think searching should be WAY more flexible. Granted, if it's TOO flexible then it's too slow. But even for synonyms that's not all that hard to code.
10/2/2016
Topic:
When searching: "&" and "and" should be synonyms..

psmart
psmart
That is weird because it wouldn't take a whole lot to FIX it.
10/9/2016
Topic:
The Man of Steel TPB 3rd Printing

psmart
psmart
I don't see this in the database. I see first, second, and raffle giveaway. The third printing has the same cover as the first print.
10/9/2016
Topic:
Verifying Superman and Spider-Man variant cover...

psmart
psmart
Missing Variant IssuesThe following were submitted by members and will be reviewed
Superman And Spider-man #1 SOFT COVER Variantcharlie3769 | 1996 Reprintof 1981 Book.

Reprint of 1981 Book.
I HAVE one of these and I'd REALLY like to add it. Kind of disappointed that it's STILL being reviewed.
10/9/2016
Topic:
BATMAN: RIDDLER-THE RIDDLE FACTORY #0 (correction)

psmart
psmart
This is a one shot not a zero issue. The cover tied to this issue looks correct but does not show up in the search results. Published in 1995
10/9/2016
Topic:
BATMAN: SWORD OF AZRAEL TRADE PAPER BACK #1

psmart
psmart
I have a second printing.

Cover Price - $9.95
(c) 1993
10/9/2016
Topic:
Nightwing Vol 2 1/2 Search?

psmart
psmart
Initially I thought this issue was not in the database.

I'm not exactly sure how to search for this in THIS price guide database. Searching for 0.5 strips out the decimal and searches for #5. Searching for 1/2 strips out the slash and searches for #12.

I saw it all the way down by the 1,000,000 issue. If the 0 issue is JUST before the #1, shouldn't the #1/2 issue be BETWEEN those issues?
edited by psmart on 10/9/2016
10/15/2016
Topic:
NEWBIES

psmart
psmart
Welcome!! I'm a n00b too!! Frustrated with search! Appostrophes, Ampersands and Hyphen's OH MY!

SLOWLY putting my 1990's collection into the system... Shooting for 4-5 long boxes each weekend. BARELY a dent.
10/15/2016
Topic:
Comic runs spread between boxes... HELP!

psmart
psmart
Is there a way to find series' that are spread across more than one box?

It would be great to see ALL of my series that are in different boxes so I can attempt to consolidate them.

THANKS!!
10/16/2016
Topic:
Wolverine TPB

psmart
psmart
I just ran into this problem as well.
10/16/2016
Topic:
WOLVERINE: BLOODY CHOICES SOFT COVER #1A

psmart
psmart
This is saying the publish date is November 193. How does that pass any moderator?

I have this TPB with this cover and yet inside it says it's a FIRST PRINTING.
10/16/2016
Topic:
X-MEN 1 (Special Collectors Edition)

psmart
psmart
Vol 1
No 1
October 1991
$3.95

Chris Claremont
Jim Lee
Scott Williams
10/16/2016
Topic:
Cyberspace 3000

psmart
psmart
Marvel Comics
No 1
Vol 1
July 1993
$2.95

Glow in the dark cover.
10/16/2016
Topic:
Battletide

psmart
psmart
Marvel Comics UK
No 1 (of 4)
Vol 1
$1.75
December 1992
10/22/2016
Topic:
Correction: SENSATIONAL SPIDER: NOTHING CAN STOP T

psmart
psmart
SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN: NOTHING CAN STOP THE JUGGERNAUT

If you search for Spider-Man Juggernaut the title currently is NOT found. Please add -Man so he's not just a spider.

THANKS!