Where have all the peoples gone... Messages in this topic - RSS

gregbrookins
gregbrookins

6/15/2016

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
I know there was a crash, and a rebuild. But seriously days without any posts....ugh. Almost 1 mil registered users, an average of 500 active at a time and 3 or 4 people talking in forums. Come back peoples, lets chat smile
0 link
ruk
ruk

6/15/2016

ruk
ruk
dear Greg
I am upset
all the new price increases are for new comics
but as a Golden age collector I know the old stuff is moving skyward
but there is almost never a price increase?
Guys --try and buy anything at the prices you suggest for Golden age.
Being a list nut- I wd love to have realistic prices set for old comics.
is no one collecting Golden age?
But that cannot be as.
Why do the auction houses have multiple bids for Golden age classics?
Just watch any auction and see...
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

6/16/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
I'm still surprised by the loss of posters on here since the crash. It is past the point of same users ever coming back really.
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

6/16/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
When you disappear without a word nor give any reasonable time frame of return you lose users fast. They will never get back what they lost.
0 link
ruk
ruk

6/18/2016

ruk
ruk
i am still here and will be
but I agree there sd be some relevant news on price movements
0 link
wchever
wchever

6/18/2016

wchever
wchever
ruk wrote:
i am still here and will be
but I agree there sd be some relevant news on price movements

My biggest issue has always been the entry of missing comics. When I first noted the price discrepancies, I decided to use the site more for tracking my collection rather than pricing. But I have a stack of comics I can't enter, most of which I have scanned and submitted...last February. And for get newer variants. I started a while back on completing the New 52 Batman series. Check out #50 and look at the variant covers. And that's not all that actually exist. Makes it hard to keep track of what you have...but I'm still here too.
0 link
gregbrookins
gregbrookins

6/18/2016

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
Makes me wonder what my monthly fee is doing. But I havent seen a better alternative, so here I am.
0 link
Crowman
Crowman

6/18/2016

Crowman
Crowman
I am in agreement with what everyone is saying. The place just does not have the same "feel" as it had before the crash. It is also very frustrating with the lack of upkeep/housekeeping..... or whatever you want to call it. If it is a lack of moderators then maybe the site should advertise for anyone willing to step up?
0 link
wchever
wchever

6/18/2016

wchever
wchever
Crowman wrote:
I am in agreement with what everyone is saying. The place just does not have the same "feel" as it had before the crash. It is also very frustrating with the lack of upkeep/housekeeping..... or whatever you want to call it. If it is a lack of moderators then maybe the site should advertise for anyone willing to step up?

"They" did that a while back and must have gotten volunteers because CapnDoug is a new moderator. I just wonder how much authority he gets concerning prices and verifications.

I submitted a couple bug reports, not issue issues (I couldn't help myself,) in January with no resolution, so i suspect the coders have day-time jobs.
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

6/20/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
wchever wrote:
Crowman wrote:

"They" did that a while back and must have gotten volunteers because CapnDoug is a new moderator. I just wonder how much authority he gets concerning prices and verifications.

I submitted a couple bug reports, not issue issues (I couldn't help myself,) in January with no resolution, so i suspect the coders have day-time jobs.

To give some context, I have zero authority outside the forums. I am more here to make sure that the spam doesn't get out of control and that people do not get too carried away in their debates (though this is a very chill site to moderate).

As for the other issues, I take the concerns to the front page staff (though they do actually check the forums). Sometimes I get a response that I can share publicly, other times I don't. But if a concern gets posted, it does get read at the very least. If something can be done about it, that's a different issue entirely and one that is out of my control.
0 link
legendoflore
legendoflore

6/22/2016

legendoflore
legendoflore
I guess a forum thread where the developers/owners of this db post news, updates, what is going on. what can we expect etc would be great and very informative. Even work as promotion... If we could see new functionality that are being worked upon it would give us hope:-) Promises of when it should be release should be on the "we hope".. Everyone should know that a date is not set in stone and that additional time will often be required to not push out functionality that do not work.

I used to use my own database for comics but it was tiresome to always have to register all new comics myself. But I do know a lot about databases. Some things are easy to implement and some things are harder.

I would have loved to be able to add new functionality to this site. mostly to cover my own needs of course;-)

Here's to hoping we will get information soon about status and plans:-)
0 link
expander
expander

9/25/2016

expander
expander
Before the crash I was up to almost 3,000 posts (I think?) a dainty number compared to some of my more prolific forum brethren.
I then changed jobs, houses, and priorities. A few times.

Before I moved I had no access to an lcs, however since moving to Ohio I now have two! In the smaller (and better IMHO ) of the two, the owner pulled out his iphone and introduced me to the clz app.

So I will admit to downloading it, using it, and liking it but it's not without flaws one of which being the key factor that brought me to this very site more than 10 years ago via a yahoo search.....The actual price guide. sure you can add values to your collection in the app but did marvel dump a movie with an obscure cameo this week that bumps the value through the roof? idk it's hard to tell. but i seem to be struggling with typing this out on my tablet so for now i close and must recharge anyhow. thanks to all who take the time to endure my posts i have abandoned sentence structure and punctuation in lieu of time and battery.

I still love the site for tracking my collection and (alphabetizing)
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

9/25/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
CLZ works well because they don't bother with grading. You can never keep up on that anyway. Yeah CLZ has its bug but the thing is they will deal with them if you report them. CPG just doesn't ... Or at least in a timely manner. Heck they can't even program their site to freaking work on a variety of mobile devices. Really?
0 link
genuine_article_comics
genuine_article_comics

9/25/2016

I am in total agreement with everyone's sentiment here. The blame lies at the feet of the ones that should have been communicating to their users of what the hell was going on immediately following the crash. There was complete silence. Any momentum this site had before the crash rapidly disapated every day nothing was communicated. They will never get that back, never.
edited by genuine_article_comics on 9/25/2016
0 link
netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

9/26/2016

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
We're a small team. We were just as crushed as you guys by the data loss and it's an unfortunate lesson we continue to pay for and learn from. We could definitely use some help getting the community active again and if you're passionate about bringing it back, please consider applying to be an admin or a moderator here.

I will be reaching out to all applicants this week to begin structuring our team and making a path forward.
0 link
PapaBoon
PapaBoon

10/15/2016

PapaBoon
PapaBoon
I'm mainly a golden age and silver age Marvel collector, I personally cannot stomach the story-lines and constant reboots and re-issuing the money grabs of the all comics these days. Despite whom ever the publisher is.
0 link
ruk
ruk

10/23/2016

ruk
ruk
dear Papa boon
i agree-i mainly collect Golden age
the new stuff is silly-
but as my grandson once said when I and he were watching a TV program that i felt
was too violent for him
"SO TURN IT OFF"
so just pass on purchasing.
They cannot force you to buy.
0 link
expander
expander

10/23/2016

expander
expander
ruk wrote:
They cannot force you to buy.

+1
So very true
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

10/27/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Love the new stuff. Well not all of it but this is one of the best times for new material. Keep in mind that almost no one at all would give a crap about old stuff if there wasn't new material to keep it in the spotlight. To keep interest you need to have current material to keep the spotlight shining.

You don't like new that's fine but just keep in mind that there are lots of folks who DO like it and it sucks something fierce to always have what you enjoy being crapped on. If you don't like it don't buy it. I don't care what you collect but please don't crap on what I DO like. I could poop on a number of "classics" but I don't, unless you ask. So return the favour. (I could also go on about how the new tactics used that drive everyone nuts have been with us a LONG time)

/rant
0 link
psmart
psmart

10/30/2016

psmart
psmart
Just showin' up...
+1 link