Confused About Something Messages in this topic - RSS

taskmaster
taskmaster

3/27/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
OK I know I mention alot of things that are wrong on here but one things STILL is happening and I'd like to know why

An offer is made on the book there is only ONE offer but seller says the book is "Sold" recently but it still shows up in Inventory and I was the only person that made an offer on the book so how does that keep happening? Are we having off site sales on other sites? Does the seller have multiple copies or only one??

This is so frustrating because of all the demand for certain books alot of people are falling into that trap of "All Comics are worth big money" which isn't the case or people change the pricing on their books in email's etc. but NOT on the actual website.

And what about trying to get a hold of a seller's they accept offers and vanish or take forever to ship out invoices? Or my favorite if they don't here from you in like 2-3 days they cancel the transaction without any communication...

I love how people are playing games instead of selling their books they list them honor the deal and sell them...simple
edited by Taskmaster on 3/27/2021
edited by Taskmaster on 3/27/2021
+1 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

3/27/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
I think the answer you're going to get from most people is this website isn't really set up for selling. It still happens on here but not as much as I would like or maybe I've just dealt with the wrong sellers. I have placed offers and never gotten a response on the few items I have tried to buy on here. I recently just purchased my first item on here and it already has me a bit worried. I'll let you know how it goes lol.
edited by TheOldCollector on 3/27/2021
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

3/27/2021

kds_comics
kds_comics
CPG is not the only venue for selling. It would be great if inventory was updated quickly but some people do not live for inventory updates like us die hard CPGers.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

3/28/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
CPG members sell thousands of books. Taskmaster knows this because he personally has bought hundreds from CPG. I've said repeatedly that if you let me know of a seller who is unresponsive I will talk to them. Worst case I will delete their listings. (I did this last week to someone's account)

We are trying to build this part of the site and honestly it's going fantastic. We have 15% growth each of the last 2 years and 30% growth the year before. Yes, I get it there are a few bad sellers (and buyers) but the vast majority are honest people saving money selling here instead of the Bay.
R
edited by ronbatman on 3/29/2021
+1 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

3/28/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Ronbatman wrote:
CPG members sell thousands of books. Taskmaster knows this because he personally has bought hundreds from CPG. I've said repeatedly that if you let me know of a seller who is unresponsive I will talk to them. Worst case I will delete their listings. (I did this last week to someone's account)

We are trying to build this part of the site and honestly it's going fantastic. We have 15% growth over the last 2 years and 30% growth the year before. Yes, I get it there are a few bad sellers (and buyers) but the vast majority are honest people saving money selling here instead of the Bay.
R

Yes but the ONE thing I don't like it that they are selling the same book on different platforms they sell it then either don't respond or give you an excuse like it's been "sold" when on this site you had the only offer...It's kinda a crappy way of doing things

Or when a seller keeps rejecting your offers even though it's the offer that they state on the listing...I thought the whole idea was if you have stuff listed at a set price then a person send an offer at that price and you accept it but one person does not...I can e-mail you the name because that person does it ALOT lately....
edited by Taskmaster on 3/28/2021
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

3/28/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I've bought a few times from here, always been pretty smooth. But I've never sold anything. It's hard for me to tell if the only thing's selling are the "hot" items, expensive GA/SA keys, or just any old thing out there. Most of what I'd list at this point would be more along the lines of collection fillers/readers I think while I sort through my collection. Not sure if it's even worth the time. I'd definitely hate to do what Taskmaster is talking about and list it here, forget I did, and sell it elsewhere then have to say no to someone who bids here.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

3/29/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Taskmaster, we've had this discussion before so I won't go into it again.

I've been forwarded messages that you sent to sellers a few times and some were rude or condescending. If you sent me a message like that, I would reject everything you made an offer on too. No one likes to be treated like that.

I'm trying to help you see this from someone else's point of view. If you were more understanding with sellers, more of them would want to sell to you. You buy a lot of comics so they should want you as a customer. If they sold it somewhere else, fine. It's no big deal. It's not worth calling them an _____ or a _______. You burn the bridge that you might want to cross in the future. It's not that deep if they sold a comic somewhere else. Treat sellers with kindness regardless.

Ron
+1 link
lokyel
lokyel

3/29/2021

lokyel
lokyel
Ronbatman wrote:

I've been forwarded messages that you sent to sellers a few times and some were rude or condescending. If you sent me a message like that, I would reject everything you made an offer on too. No one likes to be treated like that.

I'm trying to help you see this from someone else's point of view. If you were more understanding with sellers, more of them would want to sell to you. You buy a lot of comics so they should want you as a customer. If they sold it somewhere else, fine. It's no big deal. It's not worth calling them an _____ or a _______. You burn the bridge that you might want to cross in the future. It's not that deep if they sold a comic somewhere else. Treat sellers with kindness regardless.

Ron

Taskmaster,

I would have to agree with Ron.

one of the reasons we would turn down an offer for a comic at our listed price would be if the book was misplaced, our on hands were wrong or below the condition listed. Like we discovered a glitch in our regaster that threw off our on hands. Right now i am trying to fix our on hands so we can get our overstock listed here. But we would still try to make it right.

Gary
Frank-N-Freds
comics & cards
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

3/29/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Ronbatman wrote:

Ron

Once again your only seeing ONE side but I digress....I think 90% success rate compared to the 10% who don't communicate and or are not getting paid fast enough or will turn someone over because that person doesn't LIVE on the internet...

And Treat Buyers with respect too the door swings both ways...I could care less about the 10% who's ass I don't kiss and would rather deal with the 90% who are actually human beings who want to sell their books and communicate...gee an interesting concept...

And I should have sent you some of the things that got sent to me but I'm not a little kid I'm an adult and treat it like that...
edited by Taskmaster on 3/29/2021
0 link