New Personalized Gains and Drops Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

3/2/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We are happy to report that we have finished the new personalized gains and drops page. Now you can click on your user name in the upper right corner of the site. (not while on the forum) Go to the Gains/Drops tab and then at the bottom you will see a link to My Gains/Drops. (We need to fix the label, currently, it says All Gains/Drops but our developer knows about it)

https://comicspriceguide.com/gains-drops/

This page is personalized to the specific book in your collection. So if you have a 7.5 and the price changed, it will show. It's much more specific because it's not based on the 9.4 change, it's based on your book. Because it's more specific you will see more changes because now graded changes will show if you have that book. Plus changes where the 9.4 remained the same but the other grades did not.

AND, it will show if you have that book for sale and the price. For sellers this is a fantastic way to keep track. No one has this feature but Comics Price Guide

Round of applause for our developer and all-around good guy Bryan!
Enjoy,
Ron
edited by ronbatman on 3/2/2021
+7 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

3/2/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
This is great. Thanks!
+1 link
claydwilli
claydwilli

3/2/2021

claydwilli
claydwilli
agreed! this is most excellent.
+1 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

3/3/2021

kds_comics
kds_comics
I will have to try it. Thanks
+1 link
Dylman
Dylman

3/3/2021

Dylman
Dylman
Love it! Thank you!
+1 link
Casper0312
Casper0312

3/3/2021

Casper0312
Casper0312
Great feature! Thank you.
+1 link
comfan
comfan

3/4/2021

comfan
comfan
I like it!
+1 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

3/4/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Awesome, thanks!
+1 link
rgtichy
rgtichy

3/4/2021

rgtichy
rgtichy
This horrible! My near-mint run of Power Pack is crashing in value! 🤣 (oooof)
+2 link
WaveWarrior
WaveWarrior

3/5/2021

WaveWarrior
WaveWarrior
Nice, thank you!
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

4/22/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
Hey Ron,

When I go to my Gains/Drops and filter by all publishers, nothing comes up. If I select a particular brand (say Marvel), it shows it.
0 link
stephanm
stephanm

4/30/2021

stephanm
stephanm
In principle, nice. I like it. Yet on the overall gains and drops, your recently, yet again, dropped the number of recent changes that Bronze member can see, from from 20 to 10. Fair enough, you want to give special benefits to paying members. I get it it. But wouldn't the way to do so be to enhance the benefits to Silver and Gold members, not to reduce them for Bronze members? Yes, we don't pay cash, but you benefit through ad revenue (I noticed that adds are getting more intrusive. Fine, you have to make ends meet, but at least keep existing benefits). I bet Bronze members are the vast majority.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

5/1/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
stephanm wrote:
But wouldn't the way to do so be to enhance the benefits to Silver and Gold members, not to reduce them for Bronze members? ...

This post is literally an announcement for an enhanced benefit for Silver and Gold members. The decrease in free member value changes is driven by all the work involved in what we do. There is a cost in all the labor-intensive work we do. We allow full access to the site for free members, I think that's a great benefit for zero cost

Ron
0 link
stephanm
stephanm

5/1/2021

stephanm
stephanm
Perfectly true, Ron. As a free member, I accept that you can do what you want. Also, I probably should not have responded to this thread, which was indeed about announcing a new cool benefit for silver and gold members, and instead. I should have made my point in a separate thread. That said, as it happened at roughly the same time, and was about a closely related issue, it seemed a fitting place.

I don't want to complain too much. You do provide a great service. But as your advertising revenue will be linked to the total number of active users, no doubt we Bronze members also add to the bottom line. And decreasing the number of "recent value changes" we can see presumably does not cut your costs (I would assume that whether you show 50 (as was the case until a while ago) or 20 (until last week) or 10 (as of now) is only a setting in the software).
My point was that while I applaud the fact that you add benefits for paying members (and I understand that these are meant to increase the attractiveness for Silver and Gold members only), I thought it felt a little mean to at the same time decrease benefits for Bronze members.
But it's your show... and as I said, I agree with you that this site does provide a fine service for ALL members.
0 link
rgtichy
rgtichy

5/1/2021

rgtichy
rgtichy
This is a Lesson, Ron: All new features are for Silver & Gold members and are merely touted to the free users, as valuable features they would have if they spent the price of 10 new comic books, yearly to manage their collection and stay appraised of its value.
edited by rgtichy on 5/1/2021
+1 link

5/2/2021

Hi Rgtichy, I think you misunderstood my point, and I certainly did not want to come across as ungrateful. I have absolutely no issue (on the contrary) with new, cool features being introduced for Silver and Gold members only, which make the site more attractive to those that pay for it. That’s fair and proper. I only commented on a separate but related issue, a slightly diminished service for Bronze members that occurred at roughly the same time. I am aware I could simply upgrade my account, but for a number of reasons that is not an option at present. I totally understand that offering an enhanced benefit to paying member is fair and an economic necessity. I only felt that it is nicer to achieve that separation by offering new services to Silver and Gold members (as was done, and which I think is great even if I do not personally benefit) rather than withdrawing existing benefits from Bronze members (which was also done).
But as I already said, this does not alter the fact that I think this is an excellent site which offers an admirable service for all members.
0 link
rgtichy
rgtichy

5/3/2021

rgtichy
rgtichy
The feature is brand new, and they had little if any idea just how many "changes to value" would be normal for their members, in any two week period. So they set a limit on how many the free member would get to see, before realizing the free members were seeing all of their price changes. And if you were seeing all of your price changes, then there wasn't much reason to upgrade your account to get more of the feature.

The error was at the beginning, when they gave the Bronze members too much, and then later took away some of that. You are right, that they took something from you, but if we only look at that new feature, they had nothing to give more of to Silver and Gold members, as you suggested.

I wasn't being hostile to you as a Bronze member, per se. I was making the point that they would not have to take something away from Bronze members, if they gave it first to the Silver and Gold members, then learned what they want to give to Bronze members. Specifically to avoid the appearance of taking something away later.
edited by rgtichy on 5/3/2021
+1 link
stephanm
stephanm

5/4/2021

stephanm
stephanm
Ok, thanks :-)
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

5/10/2021