Posting for Higher Than Book Price On All Books Messages in this topic - RSS

taskmaster
taskmaster

2/25/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Is this a trend on ALL new books?

If it's a normal book (Not a hot or sold out one) and it books for $4-5 we now get the going price as $6-7 or more?

Can someone fill me in as to why?

I can see for a hot or sold out book but it's not the case...
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

2/25/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
Maybe some sellers think that normal books will become hot if they are able to sell them at a higher price.
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

2/25/2021

glorkar
glorkar
Are you talking about the price guide on here?
Do you have any examples?
I've been collecting the Future State books and ASM and those all appear to show at cover price...
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

2/27/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
glorkar wrote:
Are you talking about the price guide on here?
Do you have any examples?
I've been collecting the Future State books and ASM and those all appear to show at cover price...

Yes some I don't want to name names...Answer a question though?

Why do people think that everything they sell they should sell for full price or higher??

That doesn't work in the real world with everything....When collections are sold they are sold for lower unless you have ALL high dollar books this is how people think something is hot right now that ALL books are worth a fortune.....No
edited by Taskmaster on 2/27/2021
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

2/27/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
There have also been newly released books like the 2nd printing of Future State Nightwing #1 that has been selling for double cover price. If a few people paid those prices, sellers seem to think everyone will. I almost did until I was able to buy a couple in stores at cover price.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

2/27/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
BasementComics wrote:
There have also been newly released books like the 2nd printing of Future State Nightwing #1 that has been selling for double cover price. If a few people paid those prices, sellers seem to think everyone will. I almost did until I was able to buy a couple in stores at cover price.

See it's not just new books books from 1991-1992 etc. that they made a million of that go for $2-3 people are asking $2-3 or MORE for those and I have to wonder why? Alot of people see books like that for less but alot sell for full which always baffles me because nobody gets full price for EVERYTHING...
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

2/27/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
BasementComics wrote:

See it's not just new books books from 1991-1992 etc. that they made a million of that go for $2-3 people are asking $2-3 or MORE for those and I have to wonder why? Alot of people sell books like that for less but alot sell for full which always baffles me because nobody gets full price for EVERYTHING...
edited by Taskmaster on 2/27/2021
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

2/27/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I mean, they can post for whatever they want, no? It's their property and that's what they value it at. If you don't want it at that price you can jus not buy it. I fail to see what the issue is?
+1 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

2/27/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Xvipah73 wrote:
I mean, they can post for whatever they want, no? It's their property and that's what they value it at. If you don't want it at that price you can jus not buy it. I fail to see what the issue is?

It's not but going by things at a whole MOST people (That I deal with) stores,internet etc. tend to be a little more flexible about pricing....Why can't people just admit that this happens when it's full price....
0 link