Problems being redirected Messages in this topic - RSS

Sgreer
Sgreer

11/4/2016

Sgreer
Sgreer
I was curious if I am the only one, but on my phone and iPad, I'm consistently being redirected to the same spam website saying I've won a free gift. I am unable to hit the back key and resume my previous page, it simply reloads the spam website. This doesn't happen on any other website I visit except comicpriceguide.
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

11/4/2016

colbalt91
colbalt91
It just happened to me twice while I was trying to answer. I have had something similar to this and other web sites, but never twice in a row.
0 link
CaptGrelden
CaptGrelden

11/4/2016

CaptGrelden
CaptGrelden
I had this happen many times - one was telling me that as a Comcast customer I won a prize, the other was trying to force me to download a file that may or may not be Flash. Until I can find out how else to stop that, I'm needing to use an ad blocker, because yes, I too had a problem getting back to where I was.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

11/4/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Yep, only on this site. Happens all the time with it being the redirect as explained by others. Been going on for months.
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

11/4/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Someone did say some time ago that the site was hacked... Don't remember who.

I haven't had the problems that you guys are having but i do remember seeing an odd e'mail from the shadow many months ago. I just deleted it & moved on thinking nothing of it.
Did anyone else get that?

Hope you can figure out the problem soon, Sounds disturbing indeed.
edited by Gilgandra on 11/4/2016
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

11/5/2016

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Things like that are usually problems with your device; phone, tablet, computer, etc...., not with a website. Try clearing your cache, temp files and cookies, then run a good ad blocker/malware detector. smile
0 link
expander
expander

11/5/2016

expander
expander
run adblock plus as well as adding the advertisers website to your hosts file. stopped it for me.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

11/5/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
rixmaxx wrote:
Things like that are usually problems with your device; phone, tablet, computer, etc...., not with a website. Try clearing your cache, temp files and cookies, then run a good ad blocker/malware detector. smile

This is the only website that I get redirected to a new site. Nothing else I browse has that happening to. I clean house on my tablet often and it still appears. No biggie, just annoying.
edited by Jokerbangedquinn on 11/5/2016
0 link
scoot555
scoot555

11/6/2016

scoot555
scoot555
Your site is clearly being hacked. Every time I log in I'm redirected/attacked by more than one IP address. My computers is giving me all kinds of warnings even Safari is telling me someone is trying to hack my accounts. IT ONLY HAPPENS ON THIS SITE. And only when I've logged in.
I've been a paying member for years now, and have all my collection inventoried on CPG. I'd like to continue using the site, but unless you solve the problem I don't see that happening. There is no way to use the site as is, and saying it's on my end is very hard to believe as it's the ONLY site that this happens. Please resolve the issues, or at least let us know you are working to.

Thank you.
0 link
CaptGrelden
CaptGrelden

11/6/2016

CaptGrelden
CaptGrelden
For those who think it's our/your device or browser, I would agree IF it happened anywhere else as well. ANY second instance of such a thing happening I would immediately think that yeah, it's me and need to clean house.

But.. some of us have been doing the Intarweb thing for longer than a broadband connection has been available. When it happens only on one single site and we go to dozens or hundreds of sites a week/month? It's not me, it's you.
Not claiming site itself is hacked, but those shitty ads can be the blame - don't be too quick to blame us, and you probably want us to see those ads, yes? My having to block them means you can't get me to see them.

I feel the worst for those paying for Gold Membership and having this happen to them..
+1 link
netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

11/8/2016

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
We just rolled out some new features that we think should eliminate the mobile redirects. We have experienced them ourselves when before we were not, so that's helping us track down what is happening. If you see anymore redirects, please comment and tell us exactly what page you were on when it occurred.... copy and paste the URL of the CPG page you were on when the redirect occurred or at least describe the page if you cannot access the URL again.
0 link
Sgreer
Sgreer

11/13/2016

Sgreer
Sgreer
Just to follow up on my original post, I have not been redirected as of late. My only concern now, which is new, is from time to time I am unable to obtain prices the way I used to. When I hit the search icon, it says it's searching the database and never pops up the info that I searched. I realize as soon as you solve one problem another presents itself. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough that it should be mentioned. Thanks for your attention in the previous issues and the quick response.
0 link
netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

11/14/2016

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
Sgreer wrote:
Just to follow up on my original post, I have not been redirected as of late. My only concern now, which is new, is from time to time I am unable to obtain prices the way I used to. When I hit the search icon, it says it's searching the database and never pops up the info that I searched. I realize as soon as you solve one problem another presents itself. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough that it should be mentioned. Thanks for your attention in the previous issues and the quick response.

If you refresh the page, does it return then? Or is it specific searches that NEVER return no matter how many times you try?
0 link