Xamial

all messages by user

5/20/2019
Topic:
trying to figure out conditions on comics

Xamial
Xamial
Hi im going through about 1100 comics and just trying to throw a quick condition on them before I learn more about doing it. any tips? like for example, I know 9.4m is supposedly new from the comic store condition, but what would make the difference between fine and mint and fine and good. below are a couple of examples. any tips or pointers would be great, like when the spine is toward the top of the comic does it automatically become "x" condition?
Thanks ahead of time.and another
edited by xamial on 5/20/2019
5/20/2019
Topic:
trying to figure out conditions on comics

Xamial
Xamial
here are the examples
7/18/2019
Topic:
Spider-Man Far from home

Xamial
Xamial
So I picked up a few...(10) copies of this book from Dollar General. Its numbered as Custom Edition 1.
At the bottom is the Kelloggs logo next to Literacy Foundation logo. On the very bottom it goes on to say that its presented by Kelloggs a proud sponsor of the dollar general literacy foundation. The book does state not for resale.
Inside it states published as a one shot, June 2019.
8/11/2019
Topic:
Spider-Man Far from home

Xamial
Xamial
Can someone please log this into the database?
8/23/2019
Topic:
Inherited 1000+ books, what first?

Xamial
Xamial
rixmaxx wrote:
jswillis60 wrote:
Inherited/acquired over 1000 comic books, Most are 80's and 90's. I know next to nothing. What to do first? I cannot pay to have them graded. I am making a list, (here now, paid for membership), but how do I sell them? Will they sell with my opinion of condition? I have read, and reread, the grading scale.

Where do you live? Maybe one of us, on here, live near you and would buy the whole lot off you at a fair price. (so you don't have to go through all the trouble of learning how to grade and input in all the books) smile ……… Just a thought.

That's not a bad idea, I have 1200 comics (been collecting since I was 12) that I need to get rid of asap. I'm in texas if anyone else is close.
9/30/2019
Topic:
Technical issues with inbox

Xamial
Xamial
Hey there. I'm reporting a bug in the system, it started about a week and a half ago I think.
Whenever someone send me a message I get notified through my email as a back up. Whenever I come to the site and hit inbox it says 0 and also has nothing underneath about the subject of the message. I have to click on see all messages to get to the message. If I didnt get them sent to my email I wouldve never known I had any messages at all.
Please fix this.
Brian

Well, its been up for months now and doesn't seem to have caught anyone's eye. User error? This topic i mean.
edited by Xamial on 12/9/2020
edited by Xamial on 12/9/2020
11/5/2019
Topic:
Freddy Kruegers A Nightmare On Elm Street Marvel

Xamial
Xamial
Ronbatman wrote:
Taken care of.

By the way, you can now suggest a value change on any issue. Go to the specific issue, then click on the values tab. Above the graded values area you'll see a link for suggesting a value change.
Ron

Theres an issue of "fright" that is freddy Kruger a nightmare on elm street.
11/5/2019
Topic:
Freddy Kruegers A Nightmare On Elm Street Marvel

Xamial
Xamial
Theres an issue of "fright" that is freddy Kruger a nightmare on elm street.
3/8/2020
Topic:
Seller's comic grading

Xamial
Xamial
Ronbatman wrote:
The feedback system has been in place for about 6 months so take that into consideration. Some sellers haven't sold that many books in 6 months while others have feedbacks in the thousands. We saw the need for more accountability from sellers and are continuing to build safety nets. I think our next step will be related to the responsiveness of sellers in answering customers.

We recommend using Paypal to pay for your items. If you have any difficulties work with the seller and then come to us. We've taken down all sales from sellers who weren't serious about selling, who didn't respond or were shady in their practices.
Ron

I'm a seller of my personal collection and will admit that I'm not that skilled too far in grading. one of the things I do is obtain my buyers email or phone number so that I can send pics and tell them what I personally would grade it as and they can see what I'm looking at. This way almost no problem with the buyer not getting what they expected. And by discussing what each of us sees and knows helps me in the learning process as well.
3/8/2020
Topic:
CPG Sellers Posting Feedback to CPG Buyers

Xamial
Xamial
kds_comics wrote:
Not an admin - but here goes...

There should be a "feedback" pop up or embedded web item to do so after you select "received" comics from sales transactions on CPG.
You can't randomly leave feedback - I believe it has to be from a transaction between members.

Select "About" and then "How to Use CPG" from the main menu.

More here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KcT-x88JfQ&list=PL3eOHtGDGIs2A7_jQdSV_ZuYxTmGfs1W1&index=6&t=0s

I think this has it in there - unable to check right now.

KDS

A feedback window does pop up but it's just a message intended to the seller. It is not a place to leave a seller rating or review. I'm trying to figure out how a buyer can leave a rating because none of my buyers this last week were able to leave ratings or reviews.
7/14/2020
Topic:
Can I Tell If Its Been Sold???

Xamial
Xamial
so i have someone interested in an issue that i have up for sale. but when i went to pull it its not where its supposed to be. I very rarely misfile anything and i seem to vaguely remember someone interested in the same issue about 6 months ago. So my question is, is there a way to go back and see ALL of the sales youve made from the beginning? or do they disappear like the items in the limbo box?
11/4/2020
Topic:
How to grade this

Xamial
Xamial
I have an issue of amazing Spiderman Annual #5 and don't know how to properly grade it, the book itself, no 0roblem, I can grade that but whats throwing me off is there's a signature on it that doesn't seem to be anybody spectacular or even from the comic publishing community. I think the previous owner signed it for whatever reason as far as I can tell. Its a really nice signature, but alas, noone special. So how much do you deduct for a comic with a nobodies signature on it? If you go to my display case itz the first book.
11/9/2020
Topic:
How to grade this

Xamial
Xamial
Dal1283 wrote:
You should post a picture of the signature. It's possible that it's not a nobody...just someone with a weird signature. Someone here might be able to tell.

I dont know how to post a pic on this board but it is my cover in my display case. Can anyone tell me how to post a pic here pleease?
11/9/2020
Topic:
How to grade this

Xamial
Xamial
glorkar wrote:
Looks like it says Raymond Schiveley, yeah?

Glorkar...yes that seems to be what it says to me as well. I did an equivalent of a truthfinders report on him. He lived in the area of the comic store i worked at as a kid, which is also where I bought the book. Unfortunately he is deceased. I reached out to his family to try to dig a little deeper but they were kind of freaked out that I "bunted" them down. They didn't care to give me any information on him. I even offered for them to purchase the book for nearly nothing, such apparently he really liked that issue, so much so he decided to sign it. But they declined probably thought I was trying to run a scam or something. If someone were to contact me with a collectable that my father or grandfather had owned when he was younger id buy it. I dont think I was out of line. I was very honest and forthcoming with any information they asked me. Oh well, their loss i guess.
11/9/2020
Topic:
How to grade this

Xamial
Xamial
claydwilli wrote:
Hi, I'm not a master grader or anything, but I did find this for you. Seems to be a similar 'issue'

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/449231-cover-ink-pen-writing-effects-grade/

Thanks ill check it out!
11/9/2020
Topic:
How to grade this

Xamial
Xamial
https://comicspriceguide.com/sales/xamial/amazing-spider-man-the/siww

I tried to post the cover, hope it worked, if not than I guess I dont understand simple instruction. Lol

Ok so it kinda worked but not really. Would someone please explain the process to me. The jnstruction on tge bottom of the page is essentially gibberish to me.
Thanks in advance!
edited by Xamial on 11/9/2020
11/9/2020
Topic:
Selling a run

Xamial
Xamial
backbone wrote:
Thanks

I've tried that a few times trying to sell a complete collection and some runs but never got any messages or even hints that my messages were even looked at. Do people even check the classified s anymore? Someone should make that question a vote yes or no. I grant my permission.

"I HAVE ISSUES YOU WANT!
I have more issues of this series that may yet have been put up for sale, but I ensure you they are for sale. All issues in my collection are for sale wether they are on the for sale list or not. Please see my profile to check out the collection for anything you need or want.
11/9/2020
Topic:
site stuff that's overdue to be fixed

Xamial
Xamial
NEW POST PLEASE RESPOND
I have 2 issues id like to bring up.
1.Can we please add to mobile site the action or option to review and comment at the end of a complete transaction? Alot of times I dont get a review after a completed sale is because the buyer checked the books in as received but did it fromm his mobile not his desktop, so never was even given the option to review or not.

2. I forgot hold on a sec...can we please...(this may be a case of ignorance on my part, if so just give me some direction. When in forums I think we should be able to bookmark or dog-eared or subscribe...whatever you wish to call it...for posts that we would like to be able to easily get back to. Like my own posts, I have to search all users, type in my own handle, search for it, then click on my posts, then read through all my old posts to find tge one im looking for. That doesn't seem like a hard fix.

Ok, thanks guys, love the site!!! But extremely dislike the app. I want my dollar back. All you can do is see your own collection. I do alot of things on site so to be able to do some of it from the app would make the app useful, at the moment I dont even have it installed anymore because I deemed it useless.

Talk at ya later. Excelsior!!!

Just noticed the share a link to this post but there's no way to use it. I click share, the link pops up but I can neither copy or share it unless I hand write it by ...well, hand. Lol
Thanks guys!!!
edited by Xamial on 11/9/2020
12/9/2020
Topic:
Want to Buy - Here is my list

Xamial
Xamial
kds_comics wrote:
Comics Wanted:

I buy small to mid size collections on person or by mail.
(Much preferred you have an inventory list with condition)
I have been on comic price guide for may years - I hope I haver earned your trust.

Here are a few of the specific comic I am looking for.
Always interested in Bronze and Silver age Super Hero Comics any in any key issues or variants.
I buy anything from Peter Porker and Care bears to Vampirella and special issues of Grimms Fairly Tales.

PM me a message - here are a few of the comics I am particularily looking for.
===================================================

Blind Wolf Studios - Weirdsville or Cray Babies (any)

Go-Go (1966) Any

UMBRELLA ACADEMY: APOCALYPSE SUITE (Mini series) #1 - #6

BATMAN / TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES II #4,5,6 (or varaints)

Huntress (1989 DC) #1

The Joker (1975) #1 - #9

Justice League Dark (2011 DC) #1, #22C

Masters of the Universe (1982 miniseries) #1 - #3

Rip Hunter TIme Master (1961 DC) Any 5.0 or better preferred

Sea Devils (1961 DC) Any 5.0 or better preferred

Stars&Stripes (DC 1999) #0

Suicide Squad (DC 1987) #1 - #17

SUPERGIRL (V5 2005) #1B, #1-2nd, #34A, #35A, #36A, #50, #50A

Monkees, The (Dell 1967) #1 - #17

Sweethearts (Fawcett Publications 1948) #119

Addams Family (Gold Key 1974) #1 - #3

Banana Splits, The (Gold Key) #1 - #8

Muntsters, The (Gold Key 1964) #1 - #16

Scooby Doo (Gold Key Vol 1) #1 - #30

LOCKE & KEY (IDW 2008) #1B, #1-DF

MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC #1I, #1DF, #2D, #3C, #4C, #4I, #5G

Zap Comix (Lasp Gasp) #0 - #15

Cat, The (Vol 1 Marvel 1972) #1 - #4

Deadpool: The Circle Chase (Marvel 1993) #2, #3, #4

Defenders (Marvel Vol 1 1972) #1, #2, #4, #10

Doc Savage (Marvel 1972) #1 - #5

Iron Man (Marvel 1968) #1 - #5, #8 - #10, #40, #47, #55, #219B

Marc Spector: Moon Knight (Marvel 1987) #57

Marvel Featuure (Vol 1 1971) #1, #11
Marvel Feature (Vol 2 1975) #1

Millie the Model - any
Modeling with Millie (Marvel Vol 1 1963) any

Patsy Walker (1960s only) any

Night Nurse (1972 Marvel ) #1 - #4

What if (Vol 2 1989 Marvel) #2, #42, #44, #105

Mr. Natural (San Francisco Comic Book Company)
(Any Robert Crumb or 1970's underground comics)

Condorman (Whitman) #3

I prefer to buy for a significantly discounted (but fair) price.
A few of the comics above are for my personal collection -
these I will buy for a slightly discounted price

If you have new hot varaint for market price,
please more to the next person - I am not interested.

If you want to make a deal, message me here.

Thanks8
Robert

KDS
Wev run across each other a few times but you always want my Spiderman for qlot cheaper than im willing to pet go of them for. You wanted to d[ a trial run with some issues and we never settled on anything. I'm looking to part with my entire collection. 1157 8ssues vauled at 5700$ I have a complete list in xl by publisher. Im at the point that im willing to let it go for 2500 maybe a little less. So,, I saw some issues you want as personals and have a few of them. HUNTRSS,DEFENDERS,MOON KNIGHT, AND SOME WHAT IFS. MOST OF THE COLLECTION 8S EARLY 90S WITH A FAIR AMOUNT OF SILVER QND Q COUPLE OF GOLDEN AGE M8XED IN AS WELL. SO I PROPOSE WE DO SOME OFF YOUR WANT LIST AS OUR TRIAL RUN. dm me and let's see if we can finally work something out.

Not to steal the thread but if anyone's looking to buy 1200 comics dm me.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing back from you.
12/9/2020
Topic:
site stuff that's overdue to be fixed

Xamial
Xamial
Ok, cool, good to know about the app. I know the pc version and mobile version are the same...mostly, I only use pc version when entering new issues or reporting that I received a purchased issue. So im not an expert on the matter. I think both versions work great except the problem I initially brought up. Being that if you check your books in on mobile (books bought through cpg system that went from offer to limbo to inventory) after you click received you do not get prompted to rate the sale good or bad or neutral and you do not get the following option to leave feedback of seller. Unless its been fixed in the last 6ear. Its kinda hard to see if you havnt bought any issues recently. I always tell my customers now, ahead of time, when I describe my selling process to them that they will need to get on a pc version to rate sale. That id really appreciate it, and even go so far as to send a message the day they are to receive their issues reminding them to check in from pc site please. Ige basically had to make it part of the selling process. It would be alot easier on me if I could skip these steps, not having to worry about if their going to actually boot up their pc just to do that or just do it the easy way...being mobile. Would you do me the favor of checking to see if it works now for certain? Or you can send me a void issue through the system so that I can see it for myself? Whichever way is good for you. Love the work you do!