How to grade this Messages in this topic - RSS

Xamial
Xamial

11/4/2020

Xamial
Xamial
I have an issue of amazing Spiderman Annual #5 and don't know how to properly grade it, the book itself, no 0roblem, I can grade that but whats throwing me off is there's a signature on it that doesn't seem to be anybody spectacular or even from the comic publishing community. I think the previous owner signed it for whatever reason as far as I can tell. Its a really nice signature, but alas, noone special. So how much do you deduct for a comic with a nobodies signature on it? If you go to my display case itz the first book.
0 link
claydwilli
claydwilli

11/4/2020

claydwilli
claydwilli
Hi, I'm not a master grader or anything, but I did find this for you. Seems to be a similar 'issue'

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/449231-cover-ink-pen-writing-effects-grade/
+1 link
Dal1283
Dal1283

11/4/2020

Dal1283
Dal1283
You should post a picture of the signature. It's possible that it's not a nobody...just someone with a weird signature. Someone here might be able to tell.
+1 link
glorkar
glorkar

11/4/2020

glorkar
glorkar
Looks like it says Raymond Schiveley, yeah?
+1 link
Xamial
Xamial

11/9/2020

Xamial
Xamial
Dal1283 wrote:
You should post a picture of the signature. It's possible that it's not a nobody...just someone with a weird signature. Someone here might be able to tell.

I dont know how to post a pic on this board but it is my cover in my display case. Can anyone tell me how to post a pic here pleease?
0 link
Xamial
Xamial

11/9/2020

Xamial
Xamial
glorkar wrote:
Looks like it says Raymond Schiveley, yeah?

Glorkar...yes that seems to be what it says to me as well. I did an equivalent of a truthfinders report on him. He lived in the area of the comic store i worked at as a kid, which is also where I bought the book. Unfortunately he is deceased. I reached out to his family to try to dig a little deeper but they were kind of freaked out that I "bunted" them down. They didn't care to give me any information on him. I even offered for them to purchase the book for nearly nothing, such apparently he really liked that issue, so much so he decided to sign it. But they declined probably thought I was trying to run a scam or something. If someone were to contact me with a collectable that my father or grandfather had owned when he was younger id buy it. I dont think I was out of line. I was very honest and forthcoming with any information they asked me. Oh well, their loss i guess.
0 link
Xamial
Xamial

11/9/2020

Xamial
Xamial
claydwilli wrote:
Hi, I'm not a master grader or anything, but I did find this for you. Seems to be a similar 'issue'

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/449231-cover-ink-pen-writing-effects-grade/

Thanks ill check it out!
0 link
Xamial
Xamial

11/9/2020

Xamial
Xamial
https://comicspriceguide.com/sales/xamial/amazing-spider-man-the/siww

I tried to post the cover, hope it worked, if not than I guess I dont understand simple instruction. Lol

Ok so it kinda worked but not really. Would someone please explain the process to me. The jnstruction on tge bottom of the page is essentially gibberish to me.
Thanks in advance!
edited by Xamial on 11/9/2020
0 link