Seller's comic grading Messages in this topic - RSS

Mattyotoole
Mattyotoole

1/31/2020

Mattyotoole
Mattyotoole
Hi there, I'm a comic collector in Australia and I've recently started adding to my collection. How can I be sure that any of the sellers comic gradings are accurate on this site? I've already found quite a few comics I want to purchase but want to be sure that the grades of comics I purchase are accurate. Are the grades of the comics being sold verified? How does it work?

Cheers, matt
edited by Mattyotoole on 1/31/2020
0 link
Imcubillo
Imcubillo

1/31/2020

Imcubillo
Imcubillo
I think just like Ebay marketplace you have to take a small leap of faith and hope that individuals are honest with their valuations. Grades are a tricky thing and are very subjective. I have only been around for a month and have made several purchases and have been happy with my purchases. I recommend to start out slow and find sellers that have received positive feedback from other buyers. The positive feedback to me indicates that the seller is delivering based on what they have posted on their respective comics. So individuals with positive feedback are representing accurate sales/grades.

I have also seen that the admins here will stop individuals if unwanted practices are being followed. That is nice to know as well. Good luck.
+1 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/31/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
The feedback system has been in place for about 6 months so take that into consideration. Some sellers haven't sold that many books in 6 months while others have feedbacks in the thousands. We saw the need for more accountability from sellers and are continuing to build safety nets. I think our next step will be related to the responsiveness of sellers in answering customers.

We recommend using Paypal to pay for your items. If you have any difficulties work with the seller and then come to us. We've taken down all sales from sellers who weren't serious about selling, who didn't respond or were shady in their practices.
Ron
+1 link
Xamial
Xamial

3/8/2020

Xamial
Xamial
Ronbatman wrote:
The feedback system has been in place for about 6 months so take that into consideration. Some sellers haven't sold that many books in 6 months while others have feedbacks in the thousands. We saw the need for more accountability from sellers and are continuing to build safety nets. I think our next step will be related to the responsiveness of sellers in answering customers.

We recommend using Paypal to pay for your items. If you have any difficulties work with the seller and then come to us. We've taken down all sales from sellers who weren't serious about selling, who didn't respond or were shady in their practices.
Ron

I'm a seller of my personal collection and will admit that I'm not that skilled too far in grading. one of the things I do is obtain my buyers email or phone number so that I can send pics and tell them what I personally would grade it as and they can see what I'm looking at. This way almost no problem with the buyer not getting what they expected. And by discussing what each of us sees and knows helps me in the learning process as well.
+1 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

3/9/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Communication is so vital to the buying and selling process. Sending pictures is especially beneficial when you're not sure of the grade or if it's an expensive book. We want both parties to be happy with the transaction. Good advice Xamial.
+1 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/13/2020

taskmaster
taskmaster
Mattyotoole wrote:
Hi there, I'm a comic collector in Australia and I've recently started adding to my collection. How can I be sure that any of the sellers comic gradings are accurate on this site? I've already found quite a few comics I want to purchase but want to be sure that the grades of comics I purchase are accurate. Are the grades of the comics being sold verified? How does it work?

Cheers, matt
edited by Mattyotoole on 1/31/2020

Be careful with some people they just list the books on the site without seeing what it showing up as 9.4 when it really isn't

Because they don't care
+1 link