Inherited 1000+ books, what first? Messages in this topic - RSS

jswillis60
jswillis60

1/12/2019

jswillis60
jswillis60
Inherited/acquired over 1000 comic books, Most are 80's and 90's. I know next to nothing. What to do first? I cannot pay to have them graded. I am making a list, (here now, paid for membership), but how do I sell them? Will they sell with my opinion of condition? I have read, and reread, the grading scale.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

1/14/2019

kds_comics
kds_comics
Suggest you take ten or twenty to your local comic shop or someone you trust that is good at grading comics. They can assist you in verifying your comic book grade - or give you some additional pointers. Feedback is a good learning tool. There are several websites with grade descriptions - unless you are familiar with the term used the might as well be speaking insurance (or Latin).
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/15/2019

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
If you add them to your collection on the site then you can mark them for sale. Grading is part of that. Or you could make a classified ad with the entire collection for sale. The classified ad could be faster but you'll make less money. A third option is to go to a local comic shop, who is trustworthy, and see what they will offer you for them. Please remember that knowledge is power so adding them here to understand the value is extremely helpful.
R
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

1/20/2019

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
jswillis60 wrote:
Inherited/acquired over 1000 comic books, Most are 80's and 90's. I know next to nothing. What to do first? I cannot pay to have them graded. I am making a list, (here now, paid for membership), but how do I sell them? Will they sell with my opinion of condition? I have read, and reread, the grading scale.

Where do you live? Maybe one of us, on here, live near you and would buy the whole lot off you at a fair price. (so you don't have to go through all the trouble of learning how to grade and input in all the books) smile ……… Just a thought.
+1 link
Xamial
Xamial

8/23/2019

Xamial
Xamial
rixmaxx wrote:
jswillis60 wrote:

Where do you live? Maybe one of us, on here, live near you and would buy the whole lot off you at a fair price. (so you don't have to go through all the trouble of learning how to grade and input in all the books) smile ……… Just a thought.

That's not a bad idea, I have 1200 comics (been collecting since I was 12) that I need to get rid of asap. I'm in texas if anyone else is close.
0 link
pthomas2010
pthomas2010

8/24/2019

pthomas2010
pthomas2010
Contact mycomicshop.com They buy collections and have a few different methods that might work for you.
FYI, there are a few valuable comics from the 80's-90's, but it is generally an era without many keys.
There are a few to look for, though: Amazing Spider-Man 252, 298-301 (300 is the main one), 316, & 361. New Mutants 87 & 98. Incredible Hulk 271 & 340.
That's a few to look for, If you have a few of them, you'll make some money.
edited by pthomas2010 on 8/24/2019
+1 link