quinnspuddinjoker

all messages by user

1/22/2016
Topic:
What do you do for fun?

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
I enjoy astronomy, fishing, walking, movies and of course comics. My old name here was head-rush.
1/22/2016
Topic:
Did you keep your old username?

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
My old name for here was head-rush, couldn't use it since this name I used for the price guide over ruled using head-rush.
1/22/2016
Topic:
My sideshow statues

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
I bought the Superman premium statue last year or so but stepped up to the plate to pick up the other two to complete the set. Batman and Wonderwoman being paid the next few months. Can't wait.
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/jokerbangedquinn/image_zpsliglvnad.jpeg[/IMG]
edited by jokerbangedquinn on 1/22/2016
1/23/2016
Topic:
Did you keep your old username?

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
deadone wrote:
jokerbangedquinn wrote:
My old name for here was head-rush, couldn't use it since this name I used for the price guide over ruled using head-rush.

Wave

Hi to you deadone!!!! Hope you and yours are well. Great to see you hanging out.
1/23/2016
Topic:
What do you do for fun?

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Gilgandra wrote:
jokerbangedquinn wrote:
I enjoy astronomy, fishing, walking, movies and of course comics. My old name here was head-rush.

Hey! Whats up HR or Joker banged...Quinn! I supposed he did Lol.
How are you feeling my friend?

Great to see you Gil. My part of the world is doing well. My name wasn't meant to be as some think but more a joke of the gun that opens into the "BANG!!!" Sign. Oh well, I suppose he might of.👀
1/23/2016
Topic:
Oxbladder's stuff 3.0

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Nice site Ox, lots to look at. Time to bookmark for later viewing pleasure. Hopefully you might at some time post a few of your favorite new buys here for us to look at.
1/26/2016
Topic:
My sideshow statues

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
All three are around 25 inches tall and each weigh about 15 pounds. I will need a new cabinet to display them together.
1/26/2016
Topic:
My sideshow statues

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
No doubt about cost but the quality of them are worth it. Meets every expectation one could have and then some. Kick in the payment plan and all dreams of owning one will be ours!!! Your Catwoman statue is great looking. I still wish I picked up the Poison Ivy premium statue when it was first offered and used payment plan.
1/26/2016
Topic:
Sneeky's Garage Sale and Flea Market Finds

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Sneeky indeed! Sweet deals of low price key finds. Fantastic start to your thread.
edited by jokerbangedquinn on 1/26/2016
1/27/2016
Topic:
Nevermind's Books

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
New scanner, new forum, newest buys, bring 'em on!
1/27/2016
Topic:
Gilgandra Back Issues 2.0

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Strange Tales 135 in fine condition for $40??? That is a great deal in my mind. SCORE!!!
1/27/2016
Topic:
CapnDoug's Back Issue Discoveries

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Thanks for sharing. I heard that story about the man falling in a hole when I was in AA over twenty years ago. It rings true in so many ways in helping ourself with help of others. Most of my adult life I have relayed on others to save me from myself and my mental illness and help me not to self medicate myself by drugs and alcohol.
I've lost jobs, home and friends from my illness. Lucky I have never lost my families support. Mental health issues will occur in 1 out of four people I understand. Seems now it is becoming more acceptable to the masses but still has too many that don't understand or has stigma to someone that has a mental health issue. Some media in the states don't help the progress while others bring the good attention to mental health. Lawyers and some people that commit crimes use mental health as a excuse in their crimes. Well sorry, I got sidetracked.
Sharing your story is well appreciated, and thank you.
1/27/2016
Topic:
My sideshow statues

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
I agree, one version is enough for me. Well it needs a later version to look much much better than one owned for me even to think about getting another of the same character. Not to mention they take up so much space.
1/28/2016
Topic:
Nevermind's Books

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
No idea to help you but super high grade Avengers Annual #10 is always nice to see. Will this book find it's way into your collection or are you putting it up in your auctions?
1/29/2016
Topic:
Nevermind's Books

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Wow, a wide range of high grade goodness. Hit after hit after hit, you've been busy getting great books. So most of them as you normally do, buy raw, get graded? If so, you really has a knack of finding sweet copies.
1/31/2016
Topic:
Gilgandra Back Issues 2.0

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
I hope you are right about uncanny 244 being a sleeper of a book. I got 8 copies of it in varies grades. In the late 90's I would pick them up when I'd see them cheap. Still a cheap 1st appearance seeing how things are now.
I really enjoyed the writing between Wolverine and Jubilee in the 90's Xmen and Wolverine books in the 90's. They had a great story going for them. Didn't enjoy her becoming a vampire though.
1/31/2016
Topic:
Gilgandra's movies & TV series collection.

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Gil, you ever seen Last Exile? Highly recommended. It is one of my favorite series. The DVDs are cheap now compared to when it was first released on DVD and getting the complete series as a set can be had.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Exile#Last_Exile:_Fam_The_Silver_Wing
edited by jokerbangedquinn on 1/31/2016
edited by jokerbangedquinn on 1/31/2016
2/2/2016
Topic:
what does the graded price mean? its higher?

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
A value of a "raw" book means you are grading the book yourself. A "graded" value is a book that has been graded by a third party company like CGC or CBCS that collectors send to the company to be graded by them. Which depending of the grade that is given of book can make the value higher than a raw.
Some collectors think it is safer to buy books graded by third party companies than a book graded by you or other collectors/sellers. In high dollar books getting a "graded" book is safer to know the grade is correct since some collectors or sellers grades can be all over the place from one collector to another in the way they grade.
I'm sure others will explain better but I'm sure this explains well enough. Happy collecting!
edited by jokerbangedquinn on 2/2/2016
2/2/2016
Topic:

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Also read this thread by shadow. http://comicspriceguide.com/forum/topic11-raw-prices-vs-graded-prices.aspx
2/3/2016
Topic:

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Yes it cost you money to use their services. It isn't that cheap to get a book graded by a third party company. You pay to ship the book to them, you pay for them to grade the book and pay for return shipping.
edited by jokerbangedquinn on 2/3/2016
1234 ..34