quinnspuddinjoker

all messages by user

4/27/2020
Topic:
Poll Question: Spending More Time or Less Time

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Thanks Ron for the advice. Since posting i just got a call from my company and they got a PPP LOAN from feds. Payroll Protection Plan that is. I was told I will be payed my average weekly hours, and that I will be paid the past month or so and then the coming weeks or months. I think I am going to be alright as long as payment comes in the next two weeks. I was starting to lose sleep thinking of selling books but it was one of the options left to me. Makes me realize how much I really enjoy comics and collecting them.
Think I’ll read Barracuda from Marvel tonight, always fun to read.
9/22/2020
Topic:
Question about old forum threads

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
I also enjoyed Earl’s thread back in the day. Earl did a lot of things for the site that was beneficial for us. He did a bunch of scans of books and I remember the site kept count of scans people did for site for all to see and he had over 1,000 done, maybe way more. Think Coffeeman had the most scans done.
One thing Earl did if I remember right was he collected all books published in his birth year. I thought that was a great idea. Made me look at my birth month, a year is too crazy. Earl is or was a top notch collector.
9/28/2020
Topic:
Variant Detective comics 1027s

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
For $500 I’d rather spend that on a nice silver age or Bronze Age Batman book that will hold value.
9/28/2020
Topic:
Variant Detective comics 1027s

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Not saying it is a bad thing if into current books and variants but darn, $500 I can come up of lots of books I’ve been wanting to have that you won’t lose money on if done right. I have had many many buys I have regretted like this you listed and admit I still do at times. Lots of late night bidding or buys that the next day I forgot I did until I see the email confirming my payment or asking for payment the next day. Or sweating the end of a auction really hoping I get outbid.
There is a good topic to ask all, if you had $500 to spend on one book, what would it be and in what grade?
11/5/2020
Topic:
The insanity of Ebay

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Insane at times prices being paid. Less than a year ago I bought ASM 300 in NM- for $195 and now it is selling between $500 to $800 on average. Happy about this but wow...Star Wars books have seen big jumps for characters 1st appearances I never heard of. Only know since I got a short list of Star Wars books my son in law wants for Xmas.
11/5/2020
Topic:
Amazing Spider-Man 300 On Fire

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Negatively is his specialty on this forum.
11/9/2020
Topic:
The insanity of Ebay

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Completely agree pthomas2010. What the son in law wants I’ll get but not buying the ones that are over $50. Gonna give him my extra copies of SW 42 and 68 and he should be happy. Bought Marvel Special Edition Star Wars 1, 2 and 3 in great condition, which he had as a kid so hopefully he will like that.
It would always be nice that any collectibles I’ve bought over the years will be worth more than I bought when the time comes to sell.
11/10/2020
Topic:
X-Men reprints for years, Why?

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
I was looking at my collection of X-Men comics and from December 1970 to April 1975, issues #67 to #93 were all reprints. Two questions, #1, were there other Marvel series in reprints in that time frame? #2 question, why? Was Marvel in short of cash, out of ideas for stories or did Stan take a few years off???
11/11/2020
Topic:

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Why google when we have you here! Thanks.
11/11/2020
Topic:

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
As I said, we got you! I am always thankful of this.
11/16/2020
Topic:

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
See, info I’d probably wouldn’t of seen if googled! Thanks.