Sneeky's Garage Sale and Flea Market Finds Messages in this topic - RSS

sneeky
sneeky

1/26/2016

sneeky
sneeky
Hi folks,

Sorry to see the old forum go. So many great stories and reading about peoples finds. I am glad to see some familiar threads started though.

Like many of you, it's too much work to attempt to re-build my old thread but will instead use this as a starting point to post all of my new fantastic finds. The good news is, I have bought a ton of comics since the old forum went to comic book heaven and will be posting as I scan the books. Will also be including a large bulk purchase of 1300 comics I made this weekend (I think you'll enjoy this story).

In the meantime, I'll re-post some some comics I've shared in the past to give you an idea of what I've found out there.

And a little back story on how I hunt for comics. I focus mainly on garage sales, estate sales, flea markets, consignment shops, pawn shops and used book stores. I also scour craigslist and of course occasionally shop on Ebay (although I've steered more away from that in the past 6 months). I also like to support the local economy so I do occasionally shop at my LCS and comic conventions when they come around.

What I hope to show through this thread is if you invest in patience and consistency, there is a ton of great treasures and reading out there in which you don't necessarily need to spend your weekly paycheck to enjoy.

To kick things off, this first post is of comics I've purchased in the past 2 years in which the books was $5 or less per book....

Spectacular Spider-Man #64 1st Cloak and Dagger.
Cost: $2
Source: flea market

Suicide Squad #1
Cost: $5
Source: LCS this past spring in the back bin box

Eternal Warrior #4
Cost: $1
Source: Yard Sale

Tarzan

Detective Comics #474
Cost: $1.40
Source: Flea Market this past spring

Vengeance of Bane #1 (1st print)

Wonder Woman #194
Cost: .66 cents
Source: Indoor Flea Market/Consignment

Amazing Spider-Man #194 (a nice reader copy)
Source: Consignment Shop

Runs of New 52 titles (including Batman) 1-7ish
Cost: $1 per book
Source: Antique Shop

X-Factor #6
Source: Yard Sales

New Mutants #87
Cost: .40 cents

edited by sneeky on 1/26/2016
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

1/26/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Sneeky indeed! Sweet deals of low price key finds. Fantastic start to your thread.
edited by jokerbangedquinn on 1/26/2016
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

1/26/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Great finds!
+1 link
Crowman
Crowman

1/27/2016

Crowman
Crowman
Mega finds and unbelievable prices paid for them.
0 link
paul_lecorre
paul_lecorre

1/27/2016

paul_lecorre
paul_lecorre
Congratulations for your picks.
The Spectacular Spider Man is a complete steal.
0 link