quinnspuddinjoker

all messages by user

2/10/2016
Topic:
head-rush/jokerbangedquinn back issues

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
aarondawe wrote:
I see you're having the same issues I have with the photobucket tags. I copy the tag into my post, and when it goes live, there's no picture. But often when I go back to edit, the pictures are there, so I save the changes and it's good to go.
Aaron

Just the same problem. Im trying to post on my iMac which is much easier than my iPad, but not winning the battle. So far I post and then see the link is shown but no picture but when link is clicked it opens a window that show the book. Im not good with computers but darn it I'll keep trying...for now.
2/10/2016
Topic:

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
My second copy of DC PRESENTS #49

edited by jokerbangedquinn on 2/10/2016
2/10/2016
Topic:

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Aaron, save, edit, BAMM, it works. Got to remember that. Thanks
2/10/2016
Topic:

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Ok, trying the Aaron way of posting scans.

Here is a snazzy sketch cover I won. Really fine detail with the art. Up close it is something special. My scan doesn't show it will but shhh...here is a stolen scan of it.

edited by jokerbangedquinn on 2/10/2016
2/10/2016
Topic:

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Here is Livewire's first appearance.

edited by jokerbangedquinn on 2/11/2016
edited by jokerbangedquinn on 2/11/2016
edited by quinnspuddinjoker on 4/3/2019
2/11/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Looking at your early post this thread is a hit parade of key issues. Nice! Your slabs are great. I agree with the Star Wars #1, they keep going up in value. I paid $125 for a NM- two years ago to go along with my reading copy of a vf book.
Gil that price wasn't bad for a vf copy.
2/12/2016
Topic:

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Bump over spam
2/12/2016
Topic:
CapnDoug's Back Issue Discoveries

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Bump over spam
2/12/2016
Topic:
Oxbladder's stuff 3.0

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Bump over spam
2/12/2016
Topic:

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Thanks for the words of my Star Wars #1 sketch cover. Great to see you back Robbie. Hope you will once again start your own thread of your comic world treasures for us.
2/12/2016
Topic:

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
I haven't had any luck trying to post scans on my iPad. My only way I post my books is with my iMac. Now anytime on the iMac on this site I end up with "the wheel of death".... Trying to fix this but not luck at all.
Still trying to post Superman Adventures 5, LiveWire 1st app. So this is a attempt using the iPad....
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/jokerbangedquinn/superman%20adventures%205_zpsmb4w5vg8.jpg[/IMG]
Darn still a link to click...
edited by jokerbangedquinn on 2/12/2016
2/12/2016
Topic:
Gilgandra Back Issues 2.0

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Nice high grade goodness as always. I really like the Giant-Size books from Marvel. That was a series a few years back I completed. It's full of great stories and a few issues with First appearances.
2/13/2016
Topic:

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Ox I never had a problem with using my iMac till this week. It is crazy really. Look at my post of Superman Adventures 5. I post and it only shows the link. Gil response using a quote function with a reply and BAM, my scan shows in his response. Go figure.
2/13/2016
Topic:
CROW'S NEST

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Crowman wrote:
Nice wee score!

edited by Crowman on 2/13/2016

Nothing like a mint early Harley appearance book, well played. Congrats Crowman.
2/13/2016
Topic:
Oxbladder's stuff 3.0

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Oxbladder wrote:
jokerbangedquinn wrote:
Nice books Ox. I picked up a few Four Color books with Donald this week, I'll have to post them when I get them.

Thanks! I look forward to seeing your Four Colors! I really should try and buy more of those too.

I agree, we both need to get more Four Colors. Can get a little expensive depending your likings. I rarely buy the first series but have a few. Second series more affordable. Most of the ones I own are Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse. My newest is #199.
2/15/2016
Topic:
CROW'S NEST

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Crowman wrote:
Another 9.8 for the collection.... OK the cable cameo in Deadpool swung the decision to get this book in decent grade. smile

edited by Crowman on 2/15/2016

Yep, not a great book. Not a 9.9 or a Gem Nint 10. Yep, a "decent" 9.8 book.😜😜😜
2/15/2016
Topic:
CROW'S NEST

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Well with that many 9.8s for a book that has become a hot 1st appearance from 1990 isn't really a big surprise and true, it isn't rare by any means. Any hot book will tend to have some owners have their books graded by CBCS or CGC to mostly resell.
My original post was just tongue and cheek with owners description of book. Any book that is graded a 9.8 is great by me.
edited by jokerbangedquinn on 2/15/2016
2/15/2016
Topic:
Musing on Conan.

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
I enjoyed the Darkhorse books. Not sure where you live but try this link. Tons of trades from Darkhorse run to Savage Sword of Conan from Marvel. Prices are very reasonable.
http://www.instocktrades.com/search/Conan
edited by jokerbangedquinn on 2/15/2016
2/16/2016
Topic:
Musing on Conan.

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Well the search on that site is full of good affordable stories. One problem at times they don't list in order of when books come out.so volume one of Savage Sword collections in vol 1 isn't followed by vol 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and such like volumes per page. But they do have many of them and many other things you might like to try.
Just put books you like in your cart and keep doing it until you have gone thru all pages listing Conan books. Then from your cart weed out the onesyouhave second thoughts on. Order a bunch and save on shipping, which is reasonable.
Staggering options should be a good thing, jump in!
2/17/2016
Topic:
Canadian Edition Vs. USA

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Book looks a vf- or better to me.
1234 ..34