Ronbatman

all messages by user

2/22/2024
Topic:
CPG Watch List

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Recently on the CPG Watch List, I've been adding books that aren't the typical issues that you see everywhere. It seems that all the hot lists are the same books. I would like to show different things because not all collectors like the same thing.

I would like to hear from you about what kinds of books you want to see.

Secondly, if you notice a book that is rising fast, let me know.

The market is in a weird place right now. I'm seeing graded books drop faster than raw books which causes the raw to be more valuable for a while. It's an interesting time.

Thanks,
Ron
2/27/2024
Topic:
The Shadow / Batman Unknown Comics variant #1

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Here you go
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/shadowbatman-the/1-UNKN/piuuoqx

Ron
3/2/2024
Topic:
How long have you been a member of CPG?

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I first signed up in April 2005 wrote for the blog for a couple of years then left for a while. I returned in November 2017 as an employee.

I appreciate all of the "old-timers"!

Ron
3/6/2024
Topic:
Looking up artists books shows nothing

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I see what you're talking about and I've put a work order in with our programmer.
Ron
3/7/2024
Topic:
uncropped covers Ultimate X-Men 1 2024 series

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Switched the cover scans.
Thanks,
Ron
3/7/2024
Topic:
artist name spelling

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Fixed.
Ron
3/7/2024
Topic:
Follow up from Casper0312 please

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I added several variants to the Bunny Mask Hollow Inside. That's all that I have time for today but I'll look at this again soon.
Ron
3/13/2024
Topic:
New Comics This Week 3/13/24

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We are running a little behind this week on the new comics, please give us a little extra time as we work through a difficulty.

The data needs to be accumulated from Lunar, Penguin, Random House, and Diamond. That doesn't include store variants.

A little patience as we work through all the new issues.

Thanks,
Ron
edited by ronbatman on 3/13/2024
3/16/2024
Topic:
Comic Values and the Golden Age

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Sometimes when I watch videos and reels about comic book values, I laugh or scoff gently. I hear someone say this book went up in value 48.2% or dropped 73.2%. It sounds very specific but comic book values are rarely that clear.

For example, I changed a golden age book the other day where the top grades and the lowest grades went up in value while the mid grades dropped. That kind of thing where one grade jumps and another drops is normal. Someone paid too much because they wanted a specific book and someone else got a killer deal. How would that video personality describe that? Everything didn't go up 48.2%. It's not as easy as a single percentage. When did it sell? How many sold recently? Was the value consistent with other recent sales?

Determining the value of comics is much more complex than most people think it is. There was another Captain Marvel Adventures book that hadn't been sold on Heritage in the last 25 years. You know if it ever went up for auction it would be a record breaker but how do you value it?

If you are a fan of the Golden Age I hope that you've been noticing the thousands of new, larger scans and all the value changes. We will continue to move through the comic ages but let the Golden Age enjoy it's moment in the spotlight.

Ron
3/18/2024
Topic:
One of our Admins Got a Patent

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
This is from our friend and admin Lueegee

"In September of 2019 I applied for my first patent. It was awarded to me in February 2022.
I am currently trying to finish up the mechanical Engineering on this project, so we can get
it to our current manufacturer for cost purposes.

What is it you ask? I'm glad you asked! So when you're in a video game, and you come up to a campfire, you will now be able to SMELL the campfire.
You are going to smell your environment. Everything from fire, flowers, trees, swamps, and even manure, in the future. The system has
aroma cartridges that will be able to be replaced as required. Go and checkout the website:

www.realgamingaromas.com; and give us some feedback!

he fans on the desk and behind the player disperse the aromas as necessary."

Join me in congratulating Lueegee on this accomplishment!
Ron
3/21/2024
Topic:
Missing Series? Ghost Rider Final Vengeance

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I just added that title to the system. https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/ghost-rider-final-vengeance/phyqjp

We are working on a more automated way to enter books each week and there are a few hiccups. On an average week, we enter 400 new comics by Wednesday. Rarely do we miss adding those books by the release date.

Store variants are another beast and we make no guarantees about those issues.

Ron
edited by ronbatman on 3/21/2024
3/21/2024
Topic:
Indiana Comic Con 2024

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Tomorrow and maybe Saturday I will be walking around Indiana Comic Con. As always, if you see me and want to chat, please do so. I will be wearing something with the Comics Price Guide logo on it. Look at our Instagram page to know what I look like, if you don't know.

We typically go to conventions and talk to dealers to find out what's selling and look at the going prices. Ebay and Comic Conventions can have totally different prices. Our friends from Downtown Comics and Comic Carnival will be there. I haven't spoken to the other local dealers yet. I hope to see you there!

Ron
3/24/2024
Topic:
Invincible Iron Man #16 is listed incorrectly

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Issue 16 is moved over to the current title.
Thanks,
Ron
3/25/2024
Topic:
Duplicate Creator (misspelled)

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
This one took a while.

I took all the wrong listings and moved them to the correct one and eliminated Schafferberger from the database.
Found another version without the "C", moved and removed.

It should be correct now.
Ron
3/26/2024
Topic:
New Admins

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We would like to add a couple more admins to the site. Please contact me if you are interested.

Requirements
Love for Comics and have a desire to learn more
Attention to detail
Capable of taking instructions
Commit to 5 hours per week (not strictly enforced)

Benefits
You will receive a free Admin account - Better than Gold
You will be entered each month in a $100 gift certificate drawing. (1 in 8 chance of winning right now)
You will receive advance notification for new projects/benefits

This role is about loving comics and helping fellow collectors. We have a great crew who communicate weekly with each other. In this role, we can sometimes align your work with your interests. For example, CaptainNukes loves foreign comics so most of his work is related to that.

Ron
3/27/2024
Topic:
artist name spelling

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Fixed
3/27/2024
Topic:
Titans: Beast World #1 Variant Covers Messed Up

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
They are fixed now.
Ron
3/27/2024
Topic:
Daredevil Volume 8 Issue 7 is Listed twice

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I deleted the extra one and added the cover scan and UPC.
Ron
3/27/2024
Topic:
Journey into mystery # 17 Marvel All-Colour Comics

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
You didn't give us much information other than the title. Are one of these the Journey into Mystery 17 that you are looking for?
From 1954
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/journey-into-mystery/17/ujsql

From 1975
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/journey-into-mystery/17/ujsqm
3/28/2024
Topic:
Marvel Spotlight Volume 2 number 1

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
If you're talking about the issue with no number. There are over 170 members who own that issue and a quick search of eBay shows listings of that issue. Fully verified.

Ron