all messages by user

4/5/2018
Topic:
Harley Quinn's first official DC appearrance

radiotto
radiotto
Ronbatman wrote:
Batman Adventure Forever!

I have trouble being unbias because the comic shop owner was teasing me about buying Batman Adventures back when it came out. We are friends so it wasn't a big deal. Now I can laugh at him because I bought it for cover price from his store. It seems strange to me that the first appearance isn't counted as the first appearance. So your argument is that it wasn't in a regular title?

That is exactly it, Ron. Her first comic book appearance is certainly Batman Adventures, but her first "official" appearance is in the special. I don't think it diminishes the character in any way, though! She is one comic book bright spot from the 90s!

It is like the Global Guardians - they appeared in the Super Friends book, but were not part of the DCU until they appeared in books that were part of the continuity.

Sorrowfully, this means that the Thanos-copter is not official either, since it is from an issue of Spidey Super-Stories. Doesn't mean I don't want them to give it an Easter Egg shout out in the movie though!
edited by radiotto on 4/5/2018
4/5/2018
Topic:
Creators

radiotto
radiotto
YES! I am excited that you guys got this worked out!

How then does someone at CPG go about confirming the creator? And is it possible to notify the person that added them one the creator IS verified?
4/16/2018
Topic:
Comic Book Convention Survival Guide

radiotto
radiotto
The Convention Survival Guide has been posted. Let me know what you think!

http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/2018/04/16/comic-convention-survival-guide/
4/27/2018
Topic:
Ruk's list-Who has the best collection

radiotto
radiotto
I may have moved up a couple spots. I am only ranked in the 80s, but it is still so exciting!

Total Collection Value : $29,228.18
Issue Collection Count : 7,090

And I have a total noob question, but what does EEIG mean? Something about being a gold member here, I assume.
5/1/2018
Topic:
The New Comics Price Guide App

radiotto
radiotto
Done Ron! Looks great! Can't wait to use my Want List while digging through the back issue bins!!
5/5/2018
Topic:

radiotto
radiotto
Yeah, Ruk, I figured you had likely explained EEIG before, but I wasn't reading through 22 pages of posts! Ha! Thanks!
6/27/2018
Topic:
Superheroes on the beach

radiotto
radiotto
I wrote a summer blog post listing the best superhero covers at the beach. Check it out here: http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/2018/06/28/lifes-a-beach-top-13-superheroes-in-the-sand-covers/

I was surprised at how few there were. I thought it would be a lot more common than it was, but I only came across a couple dozen between my memory and my research.

Check out the article and let me know if there are any great ones that I missed!

And let me know what you think about the one I chose as number 1 - Detective Comics #509:

edited by radiotto on 6/28/2018
6/28/2018
Topic:
Superheroes on the beach

radiotto
radiotto
jokerbangedquinn wrote:
A nice Bruce Timm cover for Gen13 #18A
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/gen-13-bootleg/18A/uiquiu
edited by Jokerbangedquinn on 6/28/2018

Oh my!!! And I thought the She-Hulk bikini pic was pushing it!
6/29/2018
Topic:
Superheroes on the beach

radiotto
radiotto
solarno wrote:
Nice job!

Here's one from my collection:
Elementals #5 from Bill Willingham, 1985

https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/elementals/5/phyukq

I love that series. Totally would have made the list if I would have remembered it.

And yes, I did have fun writing this one! Thanks gang.
9/2/2018
Topic:
Superhero Back To School Covers

radiotto
radiotto
With it being Back To School times I thought it would be fun to put a list together of some of the best covers featuring superheroes in school.

Check it out here: http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/2018/09/04/back-to-school-superhero-style/

What covers do you think I missed? Post them below!
edited by radiotto on 9/4/2018
9/5/2018
Topic:
Sticky notes in Action Comics #1002

radiotto
radiotto
Brian Michael Bendis and Patrick Gleason had some fun at the beginning of Action Comics #1002 by putting sticky notes all over Clark Kent's work area. I am having some fun deciphering all the messages in a blog post here on CPG: http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/2018/09/06/clark-kent-is-the-superman-of-post-it-notes/

But one has me stumped.

On the left side of the screen, one of the notes simply says "12:10 pm"

What do you think it means? Am I missing something obvious?

edited by radiotto on 9/5/2018
edited by radiotto on 9/6/2018
9/7/2018
Topic:
Sticky notes in Action Comics #1002

radiotto
radiotto
kds_comics wrote:
Ronbatman wrote:
http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/2018/09/06/clark-kent-is-the-superman-of-post-it-notes/

You people have WAaaaayyyyy too much time on your hands.JIMHO.

KDS

You aren't wrong KDS!!
10/14/2018
Topic:
Comic Book Donation

radiotto
radiotto
I LOVE this idea! Great topic ironbat. I totally have comics I can donate to my local children's hospital. I just need to make sure none of the "adult-themed" stuff goes there!
10/14/2018
Topic:
Characters interacting with title on cover

radiotto
radiotto
I have been coming across a number of covers recently where the characters are interacting with the title of the book as if it is a physical object. I think I will do a blog post about them, and could use ideas of some of your favorites.

You know the kind of stuff I am talking about:

What else do you have??
10/14/2018
Topic:
Superheroes/villains wearing each others costumes

radiotto
radiotto
With Halloween coming up it has me thinking about times in comics that superheroes wore each others' costumes, or dressed as villains, or when villains dressed as heroes. Everybody likes to dress up for Halloween! I am not talking about body swaps or possession, but actually taking the time to change clothes.

Here are a couple off the top of my head:

• Batman #37: Superman and Batman changing costumes and Lois Lane wearing Catwoman's costume
  • All-Star Squadron #44: Tarantula and Hour Man as well as Firebrand and Phantom Lady went to a costume party dressed as each other
  • Amazing Spider-Man #258: Spider-Man wearing an old Fantastic Four costume (with a paper bag on his head) after Reed got the symbiote off of him
  • Harley & Ivy Meet Betty & Veronica #2: Betty & Veronica dressing like Harley & Ivy in the recent miniseries (although they DID swap bodies later)

Which ones do you remember?
edited by radiotto on 10/17/2018
11/12/2018
Topic:
Sanjulian

radiotto
radiotto
Ronbatman wrote:
Recently I wrote two blog posts about Sanjulian and people seemed to like it based on Google stats. Today, I received an unexpected email from Sanjulian, himself. I was a little surprised but pleased. His email was interesting so I thought that I'd share it with you.

I am naturally proud of my work for Warren's publications but I am also surprised by the paintings of his time that are remembered. Before the terror work, I worked for years in Europe on the Western theme (my favorite) and also in the USA. More than 30 years in historical subjects, gothic, science fiction, romantic, etc. Pocketbooks at the same time as collaborating with Warren magazines, but it is not precisely these issues that are more appreciated, and in my opinion are the best.

I followed up with him in hopes of receiving a top 10 list of his favorite artwork. If he chooses to respond it should be really interesting.

VERY cool!! I hope he replies!!
11/23/2018
Topic:
Who is the oddest member of The Avengers?

radiotto
radiotto
With Blade being offered membership in The Avengers in the latest issue, who do you think is the oddest character that has ever been a member in Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

Mine is Dr. Druid. That stings a little since he was part of my favorite Avengers story line "Under Siege," but he never fit in and eventually he led to the group disbanding.

Check out my article about it on the CPG Blog: http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/2018/11/27/who-is-the-oddest-member-of-the-avengers-ever/
edited by radiotto on 11/27/2018
11/25/2018
Topic:
Judge Dredd #9, I've added an incorrect creator.

radiotto
radiotto
Hey Droid, as the person that added the creator, if you go to Verify Creators under Price Guide you can go to Creators and find the issue and delete him yourself.
12/4/2018
Topic:

radiotto
radiotto
I just added a grail - New Teen Titans #2 - and it got me over $30,000! Woo hoo!

Issues: 7,658
Value: $30,074.33
12/11/2018
Topic:
Things that need approval

radiotto
radiotto
Great work gang!

Trying to do my part when I can adding/verifying creators on books I own as I reorganize my collection.