Comic Book Convention Survival Guide Messages in this topic - RSS

radiotto
radiotto

3/28/2018

radiotto
radiotto
I am going to put together a Comic Book Convention Survival Guide for the blog and wonder what are the things you do to make Cons more enjoyable for you.

What do you do to prepare?

What do you do once you arrive?

What do you avoid?

How do you get the most out of a con?
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

3/29/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I look up the guest list for comic book artists and writers and gather books from my collection with their name on it. Usually only one or two for each person. I don't want to carry around a lot of stuff.

I print out my want list from ComicsPriceGuide and start thumbing through books. If I'm early I start at the back of the convention hall and work my way forward. The first booths are usually packed at the beginning.
+1 link
radiotto
radiotto

4/16/2018

radiotto
radiotto
The Convention Survival Guide has been posted. Let me know what you think!

http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/2018/04/16/comic-convention-survival-guide/
+1 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

4/17/2018

colbalt91
colbalt91
I would add... That if you do take a credit card, which you probably will, notify the credit card company ahead of time of the situation that you might be seemingly charging your card simultaneously in different parts of the country. What I mean is that you may have a vendor from California that takes credit cards, and you may have a vendor from New York that takes credit cards and you may have a vendor from Florida that takes credit cards. If you try to use your credit cards without informing your credit card company of this certain situation they might shut down your credit card figuring that somebody has swiped it and sent the number to different people across the country. Then you will be without a credit card at the convention. And a lot of conventions are held in places that are very difficult for a phone to get out of frequency wise. So you will have to step outside of the building entirely in some cases to call your credit card company to try to rectify the situation.
0 link