Creators Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

4/4/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
You can once again add creators to the database. I just added Boris Vallejo and Christopher Jones to the database. If you have several just let me know and I'll try to quickly approve them.
Ron
+1 link
solarno
solarno

4/4/2018

solarno
solarno
That is some sweet news! I have a bunch to add, can I just reuse the same submission form from any book even if the submitted creator isn't for that particular book? That would be faster than having to go to each book to submit a missing creator.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

4/5/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Yes, you can add multiple creators through a single book even if they didn't work on it. When you add a creator it doesn't add them to that specific book only to the cue for us to approve.
+1 link
solarno
solarno

4/5/2018

solarno
solarno
And first bug? I'm trying to add a creator with a single name. The instructions say to place the single name in the last name field, but when I do I get a dialogue box that says: "Whoops, Name cannot be blank".
0 link
radiotto
radiotto

4/5/2018

radiotto
radiotto
YES! I am excited that you guys got this worked out!

How then does someone at CPG go about confirming the creator? And is it possible to notify the person that added them one the creator IS verified?
0 link
solarno
solarno

4/5/2018

solarno
solarno
I've now submitted a dozen or so names to see how this goes. Please note that Peet Janes is spelled correctly. He was the editor of DH's Star Wars titles from the mid-90's through to the early 00's.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

4/5/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Only admins can confirm a creator, however, we have zero backlog of creators. If only you knew someone who could approve it.
+1 link
iron_puppy
iron_puppy

4/8/2018

iron_puppy
iron_puppy
I'm surprised to hear there is no back log of creator's to be confirmed, as I have many I've been waiting to be confirmed for around a year. Did they get lost with the system change? I have put a few names on the list since, so they should be there too. I did ask a while ago about the new system when we submit a creator for approval... before it said something like "thank you , your creator has been added to the queue", but now it just kicks me back to the comics page with no way of knowing if it went anywhere.

Anyway, a short list of the names I'm waiting to be approved are: Moebius (Jean Giraud), can't believe he's not here!, Kent Burles, Peter Hsu, and Jim Sommerville (smaller artists and writers from Aircel and Adventure comics in the 80's, but I can't complete the information without them)

I also sent in a name correction a long time ago for John Totleben, mostly a DC artist whose name is on the creator list with two t's. Even if you don't have a comic with his work to see inside, his name is spelled on the covers usually quite clearly. Check his run of Swamp Things...

Cheers
0 link