Man - Bat

all messages by user

1/22/2016
Topic:
Question about quantity option

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
I miss the Add Quantity Box .It was useful to do both methods and it helped when adding issue details.
1/27/2016
Topic:

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
That would be great !!! Been waiting awhile for that feature to return.
5/27/2016
Topic:

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
Thanks for the info. Hopefully the front page staff will address this issue soon.
7/18/2016
Topic:
Last Post First

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
Good luck with that,. Been trying to get the Quantity Box back in the Add Issue Details section, or the option to edit quantity for over a year and a half. Oh yeah! The good old days.
edited by Man - Bat on 7/18/2016
9/18/2016
Topic:
Broken Images For 2 Days Now...

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
Now if they would only bring back the Add Quantity Box in the Add Details Section or the ability to edit quantity. Been trying to get that back for over a year and still no luck. Come on guys!!!
9/19/2016
Topic:
Broken Images For 2 Days Now...

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
Thank You!!! Now I can catch up on my collection.
10/7/2016
Topic:

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
I appreciate the Add Quantity Box. But is there anyway to make it so it uses less line item space in the My Issues section of the Price Guide? For example When i add 2 copies at a 9.4 it takes two line item spaces instead of combining them. Before the Crash it would show one line item with a quantity of 2.
10/7/2016
Topic:
Should I buy this person's collection?

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
I agree with jarhead , Two long-boxes for a few hundred with ASM 1 and 2 in any condition what a deal.
11/14/2016
Topic:
What are you currently collecting?

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
Hello collectors, here is my Pull-List. ,
Abstract Studios:
Motor Girl
Black-Mask Studios:
4 Kids Walk Into A Bank
Black
The Forevers
BOOM Studios:
Skybourne
Sombra
Dark Horse Comics:
Briggs Land
HellBoy
Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens
Rise of the Black Flame
DC Comics:
All-Star Batman
DKIII: The Master Race
Six-Pack and Dogwelder: Hard Travelin' Heroz
Clean Room(Vertigo)
Frostbite(Vertigo)
Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye(Young Animals)
IDW:
The Electric Sublime
IMAGE:
A.D.: After Death
Cannibal
Descender
East of West
Edens Fall
Hadrians Wall
Green Valley
MoonShine
Nail Biter
Postal
Reborn
Surgeon X
Thief of Thieves
The Walking Dead
MARVEL:
DeadPool(Mini-Series)
Old Man Logan
Spider-Man/DeadPool
edited by Man - Bat on 11/14/2016
1/4/2017
Topic:

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
netstuffers wrote:
I don't have a specific timeline, but we're working on a new version of CPG that addresses a lot of these concerns and improves performance drastically. Thanks for your patience and I'll give you more updates as soon as I am able smile

Still being patient, any updates? How much longer until the site upgrades? Please keep us informed.
1/14/2017
Topic:

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
kds wrote

This is what happens to me - if I get two issues they are seldom at the same grade. Just FYI

I agree, with older books I usually have different grades but with new books I could have a 9.8 and 9.6 but choose to grade them both a 9.4. This should not take up two line items in My Collection, they should be combined like before the crash.By the way I have been collecting for over 40 years and have a decent eye for grades. All my new books never hit the rack because my LCS has club member accounts and does my pull list. So far all books I have had graded have been 9.6 or 9.8, so my LCS does a good job of giving me high grade books.I do appreciate CPG putting the add quantity option back, but they need to combine items of the same grade.Still being patient.
edited by Man - Bat on 1/14/2017
3/15/2017
Topic:

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
netstuffers wrote:
Beginning of this year. We've made significant process. We're looking at opening a beta period where we let you guys try it out before we launch fully.

The year is almost a quarter over and I'm still being patient. I wish this issue could be resolved soon.
3/21/2017
Topic:

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
Hello? I guess the site relaunch has started and this issue has still not been addressed. Please make it combine multiple issues of the same grade like before the Great Crash. It does it in the price guide section but not in My Issues. And please keep us informed of any updates.Patience wearing thin.
edited by Man - Bat on 3/22/2017
3/23/2017
Topic:
How long does it take to go from Bronze to Gold?

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
rattfink13 wrote:
That's a good question...my account has been charged twice now for over the months for a gold membership and I'm still listed at bronze...none of my emails have been answered.

Yeah lately CPG seems to be a scam. I've been a Gold Member for awhile now.and in the last couple years this site has gotten really bad. They don't keep us informed, promise stuff that never seems to happen. yet have no problem taking our money when it's time to renew. Maybe this year I won't. Patience is wearing thin!!!
4/7/2017
Topic:
New CPG - Values

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
sclingerman wrote:
TQWorld wrote:
the true value of a comic is only what someone else is willing to pay for it.

This is a mantra here in these forums.

CPG has stated that they use an algorithm, which is understandably a company secret, involving a number of different sources in various KINDS of sources (shops, online, etc). I can see that with over 1,000,000 comics in their database - it's hard to keep up with ALL of them, and they do more than just keep up on current values.
Others have brought this up here in the forums. A number of inaccuracies have been posted (I've mentioned 2 this year). So the Admins know about people's displeasure about it. They've told us that an upcoming version of the site software will let us members officially suggest new values.
That's all I have on this. Only the Admins know more.

Here's the topic where it was last discussed with one of the Admins: http://comicspriceguide.com/forum/topic6038-out-of-date-prices-on-the-guide.aspx
We've heard nothing since then.

We've heard nothing since...is another common theme lately on this site. Lots of promises and please be patient but still no results or upgrades or updates on the sites progress.Don't some of us pay to use the CPG, where's the return for my money?My patience is starting to wear thin.Bring back the good old days before the Great Crash when you got what you paid for.
4/16/2017
Topic:
Never any update on comics to watch

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
KAPPA212 wrote:
yah i mean it doesnt take to long to update a list what 15 mins ?

Apparently the only thing that gets updated around here is the front offices pockets. They keep promising this and that but nothing ever changes. Features that we were supposed to have for the New Year never arrived. Features users tried to have returned never arrive. Somehow my membership fee has no trouble arriving, might have to put a stop to that soon.Hey front office are you even listening to your customers?
6/12/2017
Topic:

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
netstuffers wrote:
Beginning of this year. We've made significant process. We're looking at opening a beta period where we let you guys try it out before we launch fully.

Half the year has passed and no resolution of this issue. The site has no problem reminding me that payment is due or taking my money.So why can't the Front Office Staff make it combine identical items in My Issues Section; Quantity 2 showing one Image?As stated earlier in this post I've had E-Mail contact and Telephone contact about this issue. My patience is wearing thin...renewal tomorrow but for how long???
edited by Man - Bat on 6/12/2017
edited by Man - Bat on 6/12/2017
7/11/2017
Topic:

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
netstuffers wrote:
we're working on a way to combine identical rows in the display, yes!

It's been 10 months since this was posted. Should it really take this long to rectify this?
7/15/2017
Topic:
Just Getting Started in Collecting..

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
Plazzma wrote:
Hi, looking to get back into the swing of things on collecting again myself...mainly for my young boys (7 and 10). Trying to get them into it for fun reading. As for myself, I want to get a little more into it, maybe a tad bit OCD with the grades or conditions of the books I'm getting. I'd like to gear towards newer releases (I'm a Marvel fan). By OCD, I mean I would prefer to purchase comics as in the best shape they get can be of the shelf (obviously)...do I expect a grade 10 off the shelves, no...I wish. Unless there are tips you all have I can get to getting the pick of the litter on new release days? Unless that is the rub...staff gets the good stuff, customers not so much? I don't know, I guess in regards to grades right on the the shelf/rack (if handled by staff with care), what is the usual average to expect?

Sorry, long unrealistic expectations on what to expect when wanting to get the best condition books that you are looking to get.

Welcome Plazzma! Check to see if your LCS has a Membership Club or Subscription Pull List . Use Previews and your LCS will pull your Titles before they hit the shelves. My LCS has a Membership Club that I've been using for years and I always get High Grade Comics. some I've had graded and they came back 9.8 and 9.6 which is great. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
edited by Man - Bat on 7/15/2017
8/12/2017
Topic:
Missing Variants

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
jokerbangedquinn wrote:
It is a shame.

I have been a Gold Member since 2012 and in the last 2 and Half years this site has down nothing but go down hill.The only priority CPG has is taking our money and getting us to do the work. Want to help feed the CPG Mega - Computer? Check out that thread and see how well that goes. Want cool features brought back? Check out the Question about Quantity Option thread and see how well that goes. It appears the CPG Front Office doesn't even read the posts on their own site. I've even tried E-Mail contact and Customer - Service number. CPG makes promises and asks for patience but nothing ever gets done. It is a shame !!!