Search with apostrophe... Messages in this topic - RSS

psmart
psmart

6/11/2016

psmart
psmart
If I search using an apostrophe the search should find things with or without apostrophe.
I searched for Empire's End and I got a title I wasn't looking for. Then I took the apostrophe out and then Star Wars Empires End showed up in the results. The title actually has an apostrophe, so I would expect to have gotten it in my first search.
Maybe there could be a way to do either search if there is an apostrophe or not.
THANKS! I'm not exactly sure where to post this or how to submit this as a feature of the site.
Why are the titles stored without the apostrophe? I saw the same thing with Splinter of the Mind's Eye
edited by psmart on 6/11/2016
0 link
gregbrookins
gregbrookins

6/11/2016

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
I never search using special characters. Stuff like X-Men or Spider-Man would get searched x men or spider man and I always get what I'm looking for.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

6/14/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
gregbrookins wrote:
I never search using special characters. Stuff like X-Men or Spider-Man would get searched x men or spider man and I always get what I'm looking for.

Yes, for reasons know only to computer geeks, the search works only without special characters.
0 link