shavagonew
Comics--25,177
Total--$116,454.00
3/8/2019
Topic:
Cleaning up this thread

shavagonew
shavagonew
I know it will be tedious but for the people who have the capability to do so, would you start moving the threads on here that are completed to the Completed forum? This would give everyone a better understanding on what still needs to be added. Thanks!
5/25/2019
Topic:
Ruk's list-Who has the best collection

shavagonew
shavagonew
Latest update

Total issues: 25,200
Total Value: $118,112.05
8/18/2019
Topic:

shavagonew
shavagonew
Got so much organizing to do and a ton of comics to input but current numbers are:

Total issues--25242
Value--$119,549.00
12/9/2019
Topic:

shavagonew
shavagonew
Updated numbers:

Total comics--25295
Value--$121,263.25
2/11/2020
Topic:
Uncanny X-Men #140

shavagonew
shavagonew
The cover to the Direct Edition is incorrect. Its just a duplicate of the Newstand version.
2/11/2020
Topic:
Uncanny X-Men #140

shavagonew
shavagonew
Same thing with issue #143.
4/25/2020
Topic:
Poll Question: Spending More Time or Less Time

shavagonew
shavagonew
Definitely more time. Organizing, adding books to cpg, catching up on newer books.
5/22/2020
Topic:
When do you stop and smell the roses?

shavagonew
shavagonew
I personally have an impossible comic collecting goal but that is by design. Plenty of enjoyment to have with my current collection while still getting excitement out of the hunt and picking up books to check off my want list. Its why I love this hobby so much.
6/28/2020
Topic:
Solo Avengers #2

shavagonew
shavagonew
The cover image is for the Newstand edition, not the Direct edition. Consequently, a Newstand edition version needs to be added to the database.

Thanks
6/28/2020
Topic:
Solo Avengers #2

shavagonew
shavagonew
Not sure about issue #1, but based off of the cover images posted and what I have in my collection, there need to be direct and newstand versions of issues 2-20. The covers with the barcodes should be with the newstand editions. I will try to upload covers of the direct editions when I can.

Thanks again.
6/28/2020
Topic:
Solo Avengers #2

shavagonew
shavagonew
Avengers Spotlight #21-30 also need to have a Newstand and Direct Market edition for each issue.
And that's enough out of me for right now lol.
6/28/2020
Topic:
Solo Avengers #2

shavagonew
shavagonew
Most of the covers are actually the newsstand ones so that makes things easier. Its just a matter of someone adding the distinctions to the title. Which I know they have been doing for a while now. There's only about a million of them lol. Oh and I know I can edit my post. Just didn't feel the need to have to in this instance.
8/4/2020
Topic:

shavagonew
shavagonew
Haven't updated in a while but I also have been procrastinating organizing the collection.

Total count: 25328
Total value: $123,030.30
8/26/2020
Topic:

shavagonew
shavagonew
rixmaxx wrote:
Hi Ruk, somewhere in your "sorting thru copious piles of paper", you took away $10,000 and 600 books. from me smile (top of the page to bottom of page) No big deal (I know they're there) and as long you're fixing things, I'll add a little more. smile

That's ok, I posted my update and he just completely ignored me. Whatever I did to you, Ruk, I apologize profusely. Just tell me what I can do to get back in your good graces.

Your humble peasant,

Shavagonew
9/10/2020
Topic:
Longest Comic Run in Your Collection

shavagonew
shavagonew
Wow, you guys put the rest of us to shame. The longest continual run of a title is Spectacular Spider-Man #1-263. Got some work cut out for me to catch up with these other runs.

If we are going over multiple volumes then it would be Batman at 439 issues from vol.1 #424 to the current vol. 3 at #98.
edited by shavagonew on 9/10/2020
9/21/2020
Topic:
Question about old forum threads

shavagonew
shavagonew
Back in the day, Earl had started a bunch of threads about Who has the Biggest Collection and there were posts about many different comic publishers: Marvel, DC, Topps, Crossgen, etc. Is there anyway to find these old threads? Or any interest in starting them back up? I know it was always fun to see who was making progress on full sets, especially with the defunct companies.
9/22/2020
Topic:
Question about old forum threads

shavagonew
shavagonew
Yeah I had a feeling that have been lost to the abyss. I just might start these back up again.
Thanks!
-Shane