Are you spending more time on comic book collecting?

More time: 9
Roughly the same amount of time: 4
Less time: 4

Poll Question: Spending More Time or Less Time Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

4/23/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
With the quarantine in full effect, are you spending more time or less time with your comic book collecting? (organizing, bagging, boarding, buying, selling, trading, reading, rearranging) Explain your answer
+1 link
WaveWarrior
WaveWarrior

4/23/2020

WaveWarrior
WaveWarrior
Yes, all of the above ... mostly purchasing comics to finish 'runs'. wink

BasementComics

4/23/2020

BasementComics
BasementComics
For me it's new purchases.
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

4/24/2020

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
No...unfortunately!
I work in the food industry & orders have gone through the roof.
0 link
masterwyn
masterwyn

4/24/2020

masterwyn
masterwyn
I believe everyone is. Sales are up on eBay. Comic shops are selling tons more back stock on eBay as well.
0 link
shavagonew
shavagonew

4/25/2020

shavagonew
shavagonew
Definitely more time. Organizing, adding books to cpg, catching up on newer books.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

4/26/2020

Defiant1
Defiant1
I work in manufacturing doing quality control. The volume of work for me has been about 6 times normal. Three people are helping and I can't keep up. I had already quit collecting though, so other than seeing what trends here, I'm not doing anything with comics.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

4/27/2020

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
No working but a big 3 hrs a week allowed by employer. No stimulus check yet, no tax refund yet even though filed in end of February and not much unemployment help by state. So to help stay afloat for awhile some of my books I am selling. Not many but enough to make it thru the end of May with bills. I am also rereading some series like Birds of Prey, Batgirl and Negation, Meridian and a few completed series I have by CrossGen.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

4/27/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Put a link to your auctions or however you're selling it in the auction listings area on the forums. Maybe some of us can help you out.
R
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

4/27/2020

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Thanks Ron for the advice. Since posting i just got a call from my company and they got a PPP LOAN from feds. Payroll Protection Plan that is. I was told I will be payed my average weekly hours, and that I will be paid the past month or so and then the coming weeks or months. I think I am going to be alright as long as payment comes in the next two weeks. I was starting to lose sleep thinking of selling books but it was one of the options left to me. Makes me realize how much I really enjoy comics and collecting them.
Think I’ll read Barracuda from Marvel tonight, always fun to read.
+2 link
claydwilli
claydwilli

4/28/2020

claydwilli
claydwilli
I got a wild hair to have a complete run of Spawn for some reason (Had 1-50 from when I was a kid), so I've been tinkering around with that a bit. I reached out and picked up all the back issues the local shop had, and have been looking on ebay for lots before I start doing the single issues hunt.
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

4/28/2020

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
quinnspuddinjoker wrote:
Thanks Ron for the advice. Since posting i just got a call from my company and they got a PPP LOAN from feds. Payroll Protection Plan that is. I was told I will be payed my average weekly hours, and that I will be paid the past month or so and then the coming weeks or months. I think I am going to be alright as long as payment comes in the next two weeks. I was starting to lose sleep thinking of selling books but it was one of the options left to me. Makes me realize how much I really enjoy comics and collecting them.
Think I’ll read Barracuda from Marvel tonight, always fun to read.

Glad you'll be ok HR.
I'm thinking of you guys in America. lucky i'm working in the food industry.
0 link
pthomas2010
pthomas2010

5/1/2020

pthomas2010
pthomas2010
About the same for me. I'm retired, and if I'm inside and awake, more than likely I'll be doing something to my collection anyway. One of the things I do if I'm stir crazy is make a drive to a semi local comic shop that has great Silver Age books (along with a few Golden Age) and spend $500 just like that. So this social distancing has probably saved me some money. If I hadn't decided to stroll down memory lane by buying a stack of old Avengers comics back in 2010, I honestly don't know how I would've coped. Probably by drinking all day every day.
0 link
Ulyssesjasonnewcomb
Ulyssesjasonnewcomb

5/12/2020

At the beginning I was spending less. I was working on a book I was writing. But then it got more busy at work so I stopped working on the book as much and working on my books more because I needed to destress.
0 link
GuardianIV
GuardianIV

5/21/2020

GuardianIV
GuardianIV
I am a teacher who has to work from home now, and I am stuck at my computer in that process. Which involves endless waiting on students. So...yes I have spent a lot more time and money on comics. Enough to get the attention of my spouse! I have also bagged and boarded a lot more books too. Which means more Amazon purchases for supplies. I never had this much time without someone dragging me away from it.
0 link