colorpit

all messages by user

11/16/2019
Topic:
Golden Age - King Comics (1936-1938) early issues

colorpit
colorpit
Looking for issues under number 32. Must have good eye appeal, be complete, no missing covers, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
6/22/2022
Topic:
Only took about 15 years to complete this....

colorpit
colorpit
Hello everyone!! I was once pretty active in here in years past.....but it's been years. I remember Shadow and Texas Ranger and a handful of others. Not sure who is still around and who has moved on.

Anyway, I started this mission about 15 years ago and finally completed it this week. Then, I realized....i have no one to show this off to that would even know what it is hahaha. I just collect on my own anymore and it's just one of my several hobbies. I was down to the final 2 issues for the last couple of years and then finally......and I do mean FINALLY!!!. I was picky on condition. All covers had to have really good eye appeal. Some have some spine splitting top or bottom, but none are detached or missing chunks of the cover, or anything too major. I will probably upgrade a couple over time, but I pretty dang happy with this accomplishment.

The title ran for 159 issues, but I went after issues 1-36. After issue 36, Henry dropped off the cover so that was the transitional point where I decided to stop. I would continue on with the title but there are just other titles I'd rather focus my money/energy on so this will be all for King Comics. I'm going to try and be more active on here and hope to see some familiar names!

edited by colorpit on 6/22/2022
6/22/2022
Topic:
New She-Hulk Trailer and other fun stuff

colorpit
colorpit
When I heard they were making a She-Hulk show, I was really excited. So much potential, but then when I saw the trailer, I must admit, I lost a lot of that excitement. I'm trying to stay openminded about it, and I'll give a few episodes a watch and see if it wins me over, but I don't think it looks all the good.
6/22/2022
Topic:
Have the movies really made thousands of new colle

colorpit
colorpit
I think it's safe to say YES, the movies/tv shows have brought a lot of new people into the hobby. Savage She-Hulk number 1 was a $5 nobody cares book for decades....now it's all the rave with the announcement of the TV show. Venom movies drove up lots of Venom issues, Deadpool caused that 1st app to skyrocket. Before that, 1st app Cable was the New Mutants book to own....now....who's Cable??? It's all about Deadpool. Comic book superheroes are 100% mainstream now. I can't even count how many dads I see with little kids walking around with a Captain America T-shirt on. Everybody knows who the Guardians of Galaxy are now....who knew them before the movie? Only comic peeps. While I don't love most of the movies, i am happy to see the characters live on. I'm sad to see other nostalgic characters fizzling out where even my kids can't name them. Characters like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck (and the rest of the Looney Tunes), Pink Panther, Popeye, Huckleberry Hound, The Flintstones, and on and on it goes. Too politically incorrect for modern day "woke" television. Even my beloved Dukes of Hazzard has been shunned into oblivion. I would love to see Warner Brothers do something impactful with so many of these characters, but Disney is a tough force to compete with.
6/22/2022
Topic:
Questions about Bagging and Boarding

colorpit
colorpit
Mylites2 and "full backs" are the ONLY way to go unless you are dealing with mass quantity of low value books. I'm still transitioning my books over but all of the golden/silver age is done. Working on moderns. Makes them look 100 times better too!!
6/22/2022
Topic:
Longest Comic Run in Your Collection

colorpit
colorpit
Amazing Spider-man 200-700
6/22/2022
Topic:
Plastic or waterproof comic storage boxes

colorpit
colorpit
I would suggest what I transitioned to a while ago. I use 4 drawer legal size filing cabinets. Highly water resistant from spills, rain, sprinkers, etc....not water proof. Also, they are elevated so 3-4" of water on the floor would not come in contact with the books. The drawers are SOLID and designed to take the load. You can put 2 rows of book in one drawer and one 4 drawer cabinet will hold approximately 1800 comics. Easy to find used ones on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist. Don't even try to buy a new one or cheap version. Get a real industrial/commerical grade one. Only thing you need to do is add some cardboard in the bottom, front, and back of the drawers which is easy to do.

6/23/2022
Topic:
Only took about 15 years to complete this....

colorpit
colorpit
Thank you Ron. Yes, VERY hard to find some of these issues, especially in decent condition. All are from 1936-1938 (Pre WWII). Glad to hear Shadow is still around. I think he lives only a couple hours from me.