Only took about 15 years to complete this.... Messages in this topic - RSS

colorpit
colorpit

6/22/2022

colorpit
colorpit
Hello everyone!! I was once pretty active in here in years past.....but it's been years. I remember Shadow and Texas Ranger and a handful of others. Not sure who is still around and who has moved on.

Anyway, I started this mission about 15 years ago and finally completed it this week. Then, I realized....i have no one to show this off to that would even know what it is hahaha. I just collect on my own anymore and it's just one of my several hobbies. I was down to the final 2 issues for the last couple of years and then finally......and I do mean FINALLY!!!. I was picky on condition. All covers had to have really good eye appeal. Some have some spine splitting top or bottom, but none are detached or missing chunks of the cover, or anything too major. I will probably upgrade a couple over time, but I pretty dang happy with this accomplishment.

The title ran for 159 issues, but I went after issues 1-36. After issue 36, Henry dropped off the cover so that was the transitional point where I decided to stop. I would continue on with the title but there are just other titles I'd rather focus my money/energy on so this will be all for King Comics. I'm going to try and be more active on here and hope to see some familiar names!

edited by colorpit on 6/22/2022
Attachments:
King Comics 1-36.jpg
+3 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

6/22/2022

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
That's a beautiful collection that was obviously hard to find. Good job.

Shadow is still around although he doesn't post on the forums much.
Ron
0 link
colorpit
colorpit

6/23/2022

colorpit
colorpit
Thank you Ron. Yes, VERY hard to find some of these issues, especially in decent condition. All are from 1936-1938 (Pre WWII). Glad to hear Shadow is still around. I think he lives only a couple hours from me.
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

6/23/2022

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
That's an awesome collection!

I've been doing something similar with Ace Comics. I decided to try to get from 50-100. Those are hard enough to find, trying to get 1-100 or 1-50 seemed a bit out of reach for now.

I still have quite a ways to go as I just started a year or so ago. I have 18 of them for now, but, like you, I look for ones with good cover appeal. I try to avoid a lot of detached covers/pages and any sort of staple rust, etc... I expected it to be difficult, but it's been pretty crazy trying to find them. Still, it's fun at least.
0 link
comic droid
comic droid

7/5/2022

comic droid
comic droid
Nice one. I commend you for the time and patience.
I'd love to have a massive run like that, however it's difficult when one has 30 or so titles that need the attention as I do.
0 link