Dougdenslowe

all messages by user

8/19/2018
Topic:
2 "My Box" questions

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
I can’t seem to post a question no matter what I do.It says it’s a free service,but do you need to be a paid member to post a question?
8/19/2018
Topic:
how to recognize a variant

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
Is the comic X Men the Road to Onslaught considered a variant?I have a comic that has the above title.Its dated October ‘96.Ive been unable to find a listing for this other than on Amazon as a Kindle edition.They show the exact cover art (which I can’t upload due to my membership status)Its is not one of the Volume 1 with 3 issues published in 2014Mine reads inside as Volume 1 Number 1 October 1996.Does 'anyone know why it’s not listed anywhere ,as I’ve looked on a few different websites and haven’t had any luck except a Kindle version.Thanks for any information.
8/20/2018
Topic:

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
Ronbatman wrote:
Doug, when you look in the front cover of the book what does it say the title is? Uncanny X-men? X-men? X-men Road to Onslaught? In the regular x-men title there was a storyline about Onslaught in 1996.

Second question, is this a comic or a trade paperback?

Thanks for responding.Ill quote the exact wording;X Men:Road to Onslaught Vol. No.1 October 1996
Then the usual Publshed by Marvel.The cover has an X-Men logo with an image of Onslaught.Onslaught is in capital letters down the right side.it might be used on the collected serieys.It has no ads and is on usually thin paper.Back cover has an image of Onslaught with a paragraph of the story coming.Back inside cover has movie poster type credits; X-Men The Road to Onslaught.Scott Lobdell writer and so on.
I’ve been unable to find any information as far as a price quote,guide ,guess or anything else.You are my last hope.
😎
8/20/2018
Topic:

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
It’s a comic book.Not a trade paperback.The trade paperback does have tons of information and when looking for the Road to Onslaught, I believe it uses the same image on the cover.Since it has 3 volumes, I’m not sure if Volume 1 was the one with same image, but that’s my guess.
8/21/2018
Topic:

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
Thanks for going to trouble of finding out information for me.I never thought to simply google it ,and couldn’t find it listed anywhere.I hope I didn’t waste your time and I appreciate the information.
9/5/2018
Topic:
Uploading Missing Scans

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
I’m trying to submit a picture that has a MISSING SCAN in its window.Never in my life have I had as much trouble trying to unload an image.I get all these codes (which I can’t copy and paste or scan to show you)Why when it’s says CHOOSE FILE it simply will not work.This is the ONLY site I’ve had a problem with in my life.Since I’m not selecting a picture to a dating site,ill only go through so much nonsense to submit an image.Cant you make this easier?Since you don’t post the images until clearing it with your approval people, why all the difficulties?
4/22/2019
Topic:
Bring on the Bad Guys.....help!

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
The inside cover of my Bring on the Bad Guys, same cover as shown in price guide, reads Printed in the U.S.A.First Printing ,January 1998.My question, why does the price guide list it as a 2nd printing?It also reads;Contains material originally published in Bring on the Bad Guys,Vol.1Published by MARVEL COMICS, Copyright @1976.
So I take this as a first printing, as a soft cover trade paperback.The 1976 book was a hardcover book.Regardless, which is it, a first printing or a 2nd printing ,as you list in your price guide.Thanks.
6/23/2020
Topic:
The Wicked and the Devine

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
How is this comic ,by Image, listed?Ive tried every combination of the title without luck. Thanks for any help.
6/23/2020
Topic:
Missing Issues in Golden Age of Comics

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
Not interested in any other reprints or trade paperbacks? Example I have in NM condition is Golden Age of Marvel Comics.
7/26/2020
Topic:
Shutter #1 Image Comics Variant

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe

edited by Dougdenslowe on 7/26/2020
7/26/2020
Topic:

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
Does anyone know what the price guide has this listed as?It’s a Shutter #1 variant, but I’ve haven’t been able to locate any information on it.Any information would be appreciated. Thanks all!
7/28/2020
Topic:

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe

The back cover says Cover E.And the artist listed as Leila Del Duca.
I have seen a trade paperback with the same cover, but this is just a regular size comic book.
edited by Dougdenslowe on 7/28/2020
7/28/2020
Topic:

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
There is NO ONSIDE INDICIA, believe me, I looked!I went through the book 4 times, very carefully before leaving my last reply.By the way, thank you so much for taking your time to reply to me.Im not new at this, I’m almost 70 and been buying comics since they were 10 cents each!I remember being so ticked when they went to 12 cents; I used to get 25 cents a week allowance, and could buy 2 comics and a candy bar!Those were the days!
I know this is an odd situation, as I’ve looked everywhere for any information and finally came to youse guys. Thanks for any update, as I can’t find anything,anywhere!
7/28/2020
Topic:

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
That’s INSIDE INDICIA.
8/6/2020
Topic:
Help me identify this comic!

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
The inside indica states this;
The League of Extraordinary Gentleman Volume 4:The Tempest #1.
Trademark Alan Moore and Kevin O’Neil

x 5FAB7A9E-74B4-4728-BDBF-779F7489FFF7.jpeg
x CC499F19-3BD4-40A1-867A-E168BC0B7302.jpeg
x BF0F2C45-DA00-47D9-A79C-F509908EBF12.jpeg
edited by Dougdenslowe on 8/6/2020
edited by Dougdenslowe on 8/6/2020
8/6/2020
Topic:
Help me identify this comic!

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
Thanks so much.I think my mind is slowly failing...........
1/1/2021
Topic:
The Wicked and The Divine

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
The Wicked and The Divine published by Image Comics doesn’t seem to come up under its title.Any ideas?
Thanks for any information and have a great new year comic lovers.
1/1/2021
Topic:
selling comics

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
The fees may be lower, but is the sale as easy?In other words EBay may have a lot of complaints,but it’s relatively easy to list,sell and get paid.How would you compare the easiness or difficulty to youse guys?Thanks
1/1/2021
Topic:
The Wicked and The Divine

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
Thanks, Ben.
Good information.
1/26/2021
Topic:
Marvels Greatest Comics featuring the Fantastic 4

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
I’m very grateful to this website and use it regularly.My one complaint is finding comics under their title as printed in the indica.I tried Marvel’s Greatest Comics featuring the Fantastic 4,Marvel’s Greatest Comics,Marvel’s Greatest, Marvel Collector Item Classics etc.Why is so difficult to guess what it’s listed under?Why not use the title as listed in the indica?You know, the same advice you give folks?Why, oh why, does this continue to happen?I hate posting these WHAT IS IT LISTED AS ,and feeling like a Moran for being unable to guess what it’s listed as. Thanks so much for being here,please consider the indica way!
Marvels Greatest Comics featuring the Fantastic Four #30 is the book I’m looking for!
Thanks again!