Bring on the Bad Guys.....help! Messages in this topic - RSS

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe

4/22/2019

Dougdenslowe
Dougdenslowe
The inside cover of my Bring on the Bad Guys, same cover as shown in price guide, reads Printed in the U.S.A.First Printing ,January 1998.My question, why does the price guide list it as a 2nd printing?It also reads;Contains material originally published in Bring on the Bad Guys,Vol.1Published by MARVEL COMICS, Copyright @1976.
So I take this as a first printing, as a soft cover trade paperback.The 1976 book was a hardcover book.Regardless, which is it, a first printing or a 2nd printing ,as you list in your price guide.Thanks.
0 link
Jayc13
Jayc13

4/22/2019

Jayc13
Jayc13
I have the 1976 soft cover version. Got it when it came out. Marvel reprinted that series in the late 90s. This should be logged as 2nd Edition.

Just found this review:
https://taint-the-meat.com/2013/08/10/bring-on-the-bad-guys/#more-1737
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

4/22/2019

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Technically it's a second printing, as it reprints the 1976 Fireside/Simon & Schuster version, but Marvel marked it as first print of the softcover edition, as you noted. So CPG notes it as a second print. It's all reprinted stories from various comics anyway, so both versions are reprints in that regard.
0 link
Jayc13
Jayc13

4/24/2019

Jayc13
Jayc13
collectibleshop wrote:
Technically it's a second printing, as it reprints the 1976 Fireside/Simon & Schuster version, but Marvel marked it as first print of the softcover edition, as you noted. So CPG notes it as a second print. It's all reprinted stories from various comics anyway, so both versions are reprints in that regard.

"Technically", its not a 2nd printing since they removed and replaced a Fantastic Four Annual story and Thor story with 2 John Byrne Fantastic Four stories.
0 link