Dylman

all messages by user

12/4/2019
Topic:
ASM blues

Dylman
Dylman
Well... I finally did it. Or decided NOT to do it I suppose. For the first time in years and years I left my LCS without the latest copy of The Amazing Spider-Man! I didn't think that I could, but I did. It feels weird, but it just hasn't been doing it for me lately. After the Red Goblin hype (which was fun), it has slowly dwindled. Maybe a new writer would help? And some of those Delgado covers... yeesh. I don't imagine it will go on like this for ever, and I'd image I will pick it up again in the future, but for now, I'm out. Anyone else drop it from the ol' pull list lately? Is it just me?
12/13/2019
Topic:
True Believers comics and their original creators

Dylman
Dylman
With True Believer editions of comics, can we add the names of the original creators into the database? I'd like to submit Chris Claremont as writer of the True Believers edition of New Mutants 1 for example... It looks like it is okay for facsimile editions (ie. X-Men 1).
4/17/2020
Topic:
OPENING NEW COMIC SHOP...NEED NAME

Dylman
Dylman
Comics Comics Comics!
5/15/2020
Topic:
Edge of Spider-Verse 2 UPC

Dylman
Dylman
I added the incorrect UPC for Edge of Spider-Verse 2 just now.

Should be 75960608062500211 NOT 75960608062502111

Thanks
6/22/2020
Topic:
Anyone successful at selling on CPG?

Dylman
Dylman
I've bought many comics on CPG. Go for it!
7/16/2020
Topic:
Venom # 25 Greg Horn Art/Iron Lion Exclusive Var

Dylman
Dylman
I submitted weeks ago as well
8/4/2020
Topic:
Spectacular Spiderman and Web of Spiderman

Dylman
Dylman
Great write up!
Web 97?
edited by Dylman on 8/4/2020
12/17/2020
Topic:
"Misses" category OCD

Dylman
Dylman
I recently added Sarah Brunstad as editor of Thor 10B Knullified variant (current Cates run) and someone tagged it as a "miss". While Wil Moss is listed as the main editor in the comic, Sarah Brunstad is listed as the associated editor (I'm looking at the comic book right now). It also lists C.B. Cebulski as editor in chief, and Kat Gregorowicz as assistant editor, so that should be fine to add as well I'm assuming. My OCD is kicking in and I'd like to get that "miss" removed. To clarify, anyone listed in the printed comic should be okay to add in the Creator category, correct?
edited by Dylman on 12/17/2020
3/3/2021
Topic:
New Personalized Gains and Drops

Dylman
Dylman
Love it! Thank you!
5/6/2021
Topic:
Daredevil #9 Values

Dylman
Dylman
It would be excellent if we were able to track value over time, the way Ronbatman listed it above.
5/7/2021
Topic:
Incorrect "misses"

Dylman
Dylman
I see that some of the data I submitted recently has been marked as a "miss", when it is factual info. Does this stuff work itself out? In this case, Saladin Ahmed as writer for some of the Miles Morales Spider-Man 25 variants was deemed incorrect. Not a big deal, mostly just curious if admins go over the hits or misses. Cheers
5/19/2021
Topic:
Naming the Comic Book Ages

Dylman
Dylman
Variant Age
7/13/2021
Topic:
Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #1 1984 Error

Dylman
Dylman
I have two copies of the Canadian Price Variant and both of them are the Blue Galactus version.
11/1/2021
Topic:
1st Appearances, 2nd Appearances, Etc.

Dylman
Dylman
Miles Morales
Naomi
Ronbatman wrote:
This feature is a nice feature but it isn't fully utilized yet since it's still being beta tested. I worked on Morbius to show the potential for it. As it expands it only gets better.

Who should we tackle next?
Ron

edited by Dylman on 11/1/2021
11/2/2021
Topic:
1st Appearances, 2nd Appearances, Etc.

Dylman
Dylman
Killpuddle. One or two appearances? LOL!

glorkar wrote:
Ronbatman wrote:
This feature is a nice feature but it isn't fully utilized yet since it's still being beta tested. I worked on Morbius to show the potential for it. As it expands it only gets better.

Who should we tackle next?
Ron

Man, that's a tough call actually.
Someone with fewer appearances (ie: Flatline, Emily Bright, etc...) should be easy to knock out.

On a related note, the two listings for Batman (Bruce Wayne) seem to be in error. One of them has a single issue (Superman #76 - Batman and Superman discover each other's identities). The character descriptions are similar but not the same.

edited by Dylman on 11/2/2021
11/12/2021
Topic:
Cameo vs First Full

Dylman
Dylman
Meridius first full appearance according to Marvel fandom. Makes sense to me. And ya, new Venom 1 not in CPG database yet that I can find....
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Venom_Vol_5_1

glorkar wrote:
I'm sure this has come up in the past, and will come up again in the future. But after reading this weeks books, this one stuck in my mind.
When is a first appearance only considered a cameo?
In my mind a cameo is a partial shot of the character, maybe a name drop.
But a full image, name and speaking bits seems like a full.
Examples:
Nubia and The Amazons #1
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/nubia-the-amazons/1/phuybsq
1st Appearance of New Amazons: Andromeda, Zina, Delphine, Karessi, Bia
*This seems to be noted as their first appearance
*several pages of images and dialog
Strange Academy #13
(not in guide yet)
Gaslamp is named, shown on two pages and has dialog.
*Everything online is pointing as issue #15 being his first full.
*So is this a cameo?
Venom #1
(doesn't appear to be in guide yet)
Meridius is named, shown on two pages and has dialog.
*I can find nothing online even referencing him.
*So is this a cameo?
edited by glorkar on 11/12/2021

edited by Dylman on 11/12/2021
11/25/2021
Topic:
What volume is new HULK (2021, Cates/Ottley)?

Dylman
Dylman
I believe that CPG has some new employees entering the data and it is taking quite a bit longer than normal.
edited by Dylman on 11/26/2021