1st Appearances, 2nd Appearances, Etc. Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

10/27/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
For the new members out there I would like to point out a few things about first appearances.

All first appearances are labeled like this
1st Appearance of Morbius the Living Vampire (Michael Morbius)

In the details tab for a specific issue like Amazing Spiderman 101 you will see a character area.
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/amazing-spider-man-the/101/ykpyk

If you click on that character's name, like Morbius, all their appearance will come up. (if they are entered)
https://comicspriceguide.com/characters/morbius-michael-morbius/siu

It will show the 1st, 2nd, 3rd appearances, any cameos, and then general appearances. Currently, there are 26 titles with at least one Morbius appearance.

This can be very useful information to have.
Ron
+2 link
glorkar
glorkar

10/28/2021

glorkar
glorkar
This could be a neat feature, but in it's current state it really isn't useful.
There are very few characters entered. The characters that are entered are not listed on very many of the books they are actually in.
I do like the labels, but the click and search bit needs quite a bit of work.

Is there a way for us users to be able to add characters to a listing? Would they need to be added at the higher level before we could select them (similar to adding creators)?
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

10/29/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
This feature is a nice feature but it isn't fully utilized yet since it's still being beta tested. I worked on Morbius to show the potential for it. As it expands it only gets better.

Who should we tackle next?
Ron
0 link
Dylman
Dylman

11/1/2021

Dylman
Dylman
Miles Morales
Naomi
Ronbatman wrote:
This feature is a nice feature but it isn't fully utilized yet since it's still being beta tested. I worked on Morbius to show the potential for it. As it expands it only gets better.

Ron

edited by Dylman on 11/1/2021
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

11/2/2021

glorkar
glorkar
Ronbatman wrote:

Ron

Man, that's a tough call actually.
Someone with fewer appearances (ie: Flatline, Emily Bright, etc...) should be easy to knock out.

On a related note, the two listings for Batman (Bruce Wayne) seem to be in error. One of them has a single issue (Superman #76 - Batman and Superman discover each other's identities). The character descriptions are similar but not the same.
0 link
Dylman
Dylman

11/2/2021

Dylman
Dylman
Killpuddle. One or two appearances? LOL!

glorkar wrote:
Ronbatman wrote:

Ron

Man, that's a tough call actually.
Someone with fewer appearances (ie: Flatline, Emily Bright, etc...) should be easy to knock out.

On a related note, the two listings for Batman (Bruce Wayne) seem to be in error. One of them has a single issue (Superman #76 - Batman and Superman discover each other's identities). The character descriptions are similar but not the same.

edited by Dylman on 11/2/2021
0 link
claydwilli
claydwilli

11/2/2021

claydwilli
claydwilli
This would be a great feature for those who really like to collect keys rather than runs. One question: In the details where a 'normal user' can put in information like the writer, inker and story info, is there a way to add an appearance? I have done that a few times, and just put it in the 'story' section. Is that good for what you all are looking to do, or is there a field that could be made available somewhere that we could update to help out?
+1 link