sinisterss

all messages by user

1/2/2016
Topic:
Dark Horse Comics...Star Wars series

sinisterss
sinisterss
wow, its been awhile since I've been on the forum section of the site, hope everone had a wonderful holiday season with your respected families and loved ones.
Now back to the topic of Dark Horse Comics Star Wars series, I apologize if this has been discussed already, but I've been trying to collect these books for some time now and after doing some research, I found some first appearnces in their runs. for example Star Wars issue #7(titled Outlander) is the 1st appearance of Aurra Sing but nothing shows in the price guide, in fact a lot of information on quite a few of these books isn't listed . And the main reason for this post is this: I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but these books have been going up at LCS in my area, I don't know if its because of the new movie or the fact that Disney wants ALL the Dark Horse Star Wars books destroyed, has anyone else heard this or have an information?
1/6/2016
Topic:

sinisterss
sinisterss
expander wrote:
sinisterss wrote:
Disney wants ALL the Dark Horse Star Wars books destroyed

WHAT WHAT WHAT???? For SHAME disney! I love my DH SW books. and yeah these are tricky to complete. just when you think you're closing in you find out there's an action figure reprint or variant cover with old marvel SW inside DH covers!!

(side note SS, I jumped the river!!!! I'm in OH too now!! Kinda wish my dad didn't buy me that Michigan hoodie for Christmas!)

lol I take it you're from up north? I'm in Columbus. and back to the DH Star Wars books, Disney came out saying whats cannon and what's not, then the rumor to destory all DH titles
1/23/2016
Topic:

sinisterss
sinisterss
I love the dark horse books, but Disney basically said all those stories aren't cannon and to ignore them 😕.
1/23/2016
Topic:
1st appearance of Uncanny X-Force???

sinisterss
sinisterss
What is the true 1st appearance for Uncanny X-Force? When I was going through my old Cloak & Dagger comics, on the cover of book #10 it says on the cover "at the mercy of the Uncanny X-Force" that series was 1988-1991(19 issues)and X-Force 1st appeared in the New Mutants 100(1991). Uncanny X-Force was recent 2010. So what's the real 1st appearance for "Uncanny" X-Force?
3/16/2016
Topic:
Great comic find :)

sinisterss
sinisterss
genuinearticlecomics wrote:
Borys13thchampion wrote:
I hope everyone can see that smile To me anyway , its pretty awesome , the only comic really bad is the Journey into Mystery. The rest are 5+ and the Avengers #1 is in pretty good shape , but i dont want to jinx myself . There is a comic con near where i live and and Stan Lee will be there , so i was wondering , would it be better to get them signed if i could , then CGC them ?

Ahhhh.....the old question pops up again...."to sign or not to sign".

For the holy grail keys you have I'm in the "not to sign" camp.

I know its Stan Lee and all but signatures are still ink on comics. I have signed books (Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, John Romita etc.) but these books are newer and not holy grails.

Personally, I'm OK with signed books but not for the big books like you have.

What's anyone else think?
edited by genuinearticlecomics on 3/3/2016

I'm with you 100% I hate any signature on any of my books, I don't even like them on common books, to me its defaced but that's my opinion.
6/18/2016
Topic:
zenescope comics: Grimm Fairy Tales

sinisterss
sinisterss
As most of you know zenescope comics is ending its longest running series Grimm Fairy Tales at issue #125. I'm trying to complete my run from 1-125 missing 9 issues, My question is does anyine here have a 1st print issue #2? I just bought one off of eBay, it came today and as I openend it I noticed that on the backside of the front & rear covers is plain white, nothing on them. I opened the 2nd pring cover I'm replacing it with and there's advertisments, is this a fake cover? does anyone have a copy they can open and verify this? any help would be great, thanks guys.
8/13/2016
Topic:
Zenescope Phoenix Comic Con Exclusive Death Force

sinisterss
sinisterss
cool cover, but not worth the money sellers are asking
10/31/2016
Topic:
Street Fighter Unlimited 2015-current

sinisterss
sinisterss
why does it say: Duplicate Title. New Issues are not being added to it.? the price guide is only showing some of issue #1's and some issue #1 variants and that's it, The series is on issue #11 now with variants, PLUS there's a 2016 Street Fighter Cammy mini- series that's not listed either.
6/18/2017
Topic:
selling my collection?

sinisterss
sinisterss
Been kicking around the idea of selling my entire comic book collection. Issue I'm having is how much do I ask? My collection is over 15k books, ranging from the golden age to last weeks pulls. I have keys/1st appearances/variants/Con exclusives etc.
this is just 1 example of my collection: my vol. 1 Batman collection is a straight run from 251 to now without missing a issue, I have all the annuals too, prior to #252 bounces around to issue #1(issue 1 is the masterpiece edition exact reprint).

So my question is what do I ask for a 15k+ Comic collection all bagged/boarded some in Mylite2's?
I know I'm not going to get what it's worth, I understand that, I just don't want to Sell myself short, I was thinking maybe $2 a book?(but who has $30k laying around). What are your thoughts?
edited by sinisterss on 6/18/2017
6/18/2017
Topic:
selling my collection?

sinisterss
sinisterss
jokerbangedquinn wrote:
Have you read this or thought about this? See link. It is a option and they have a few good options.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/webuycomics

By the way, fantastic Batman collection, amazing. I thought I had a nice run of Batman from issue 140 to 300, no missing. Yours make mine petty! Also haven't seen you post for a long while, welcome back.
edited by Jokerbangedquinn on 6/18/2017

thanks! Most of my titles are complete runs or decent runs. As for me I've been busy, wife and I had our first kid with talks of 1 more. That's the main reason for kicking this idea around, I'm not pressed for cash, just space lol. I told my wife I don't really want to put the collection down in the basement with the chance of it possiblly getting damaged.

As of right now there's a comic shop owner coming over to check it out today, I'll see what he has to offer, but I am going to make it clear to him that I'm not pressed for money. So if he offers $5k I'll gladly turn it down.
6/21/2017
Topic:
selling my collection?

sinisterss
sinisterss
I talked to my LCS owner about how he approaches buying a massive collection. He said without knowing what's in the collection $20-$30 per long box. If he can see what's in the boxes naturally he'll pay more. Now I didn't tell him it was me looking to sell my collection but I asked would $1.50 a book be too much he laughed and said yeah that's way too much. He pointed out there's always good books in a large collection that will eventually cover the cost of buying said collection but there's also garbage that he can't move because no one wants it and it'll just take up space. This has me a little disappointed.

I told my wife I'm not going to let these go for nothing and if a decent offer doesn't come around then I will finish the basement and create a room for them and pass them down to my son when he's older.
6/22/2017
Topic:
selling my collection?

sinisterss
sinisterss
My collection is logged with the Comics price guide site(I pay the yearly fee). I also know where everything is at. I have 1 wall for marvel only organized A-Z the other wall being D.C. Organized A-Z, Image is the same and then the Indy titles organized the same way.
7/9/2017
Topic:
New Special Cover Reprint of G.I. Joe #21

sinisterss
sinisterss
expander wrote:
I wish I could recall the issue number of the one I read as a child ( I was about 9 or 10) where........

(SPOILER ALERT)

Dusty dies. my copy didn't have a cover so, after I read it I just threw it on the stack with the rest of my reader copies that I think my younger brother wound up with.

I've been putting off buying the newer joe books out of a sheer lack of funding.
The few image books that I picked up in bulk lots aren't bad but reading them just served to frustrate me since I don't have a full story arc to read.

G.I. Joe Special Missions issue #13 is the one you're talking about
7/9/2017
Topic:
Zombie Tramp

sinisterss
sinisterss
Draven68 wrote:
Rather obscure comic but I've been watching the prices on eBay for the last 8 months and the price guide here seriously under quotes for what they're selling. Yes, I understand that buyers demand dictates the value of comics but if you do a search on sold comics on eBay you'll see my reasoning.

Yes I know what you mean, issue #1 Risque Variant sells at an average of $80 and that's IF you can find a copy the price guide has it listed at $5. Now between that issue #1 and the SDCC #25 Cosplay Risque Variant(which is extremly hard to find) if you do find a copy it's well over $100. The guide has them all under valued.
7/9/2017
Topic:
And WHY is Power Girl vol 2 #27 >$200 ???

sinisterss
sinisterss
I sold a raw copy of Power Girl 27 a month or so ago on eBay, it went for $75.00