New Special Cover Reprint of G.I. Joe #21 Messages in this topic - RSS

sclingerman
sclingerman

5/22/2017

sclingerman
sclingerman
They reprinted the "silent issue" with Joe Jusko doing the cover. It's a 1,400-issue limited printing.
It's only available at 1st Print Comics in Rochester, NY for $12.
There's also a virgin cover for $15. There's only 800 of those.

https://www.facebook.com/1st-Print-Comics-120209043578/
http://stores.ebay.com/1st-Print-Comics

edited by sclingerman on 5/22/2017
edited by sclingerman on 5/22/2017
0 link
sclingerman
sclingerman

5/22/2017

sclingerman
sclingerman
There's also a Stormshadow variant from the same store. Eugene Commodore is the artist. It's $12.
You can get 2-packs and 3-packs for a special price. (I got the 3 pack.)
0 link
Finley2020
Finley2020

5/25/2017

Finley2020
Finley2020
How is the GI Joe series with IDW? I loved the franchise as a kid but have never revisited it since. Do people actually die in the book or do their rifles jam after 3 shots like in the cartoon? smile *click* *click* "Cobra junk!"
0 link
expander
expander

5/26/2017

expander
expander
I wish I could recall the issue number of the one I read as a child ( I was about 9 or 10) where........

(SPOILER ALERT)

Dusty dies. my copy didn't have a cover so, after I read it I just threw it on the stack with the rest of my reader copies that I think my younger brother wound up with.

I've been putting off buying the newer joe books out of a sheer lack of funding.
The few image books that I picked up in bulk lots aren't bad but reading them just served to frustrate me since I don't have a full story arc to read.
0 link
sclingerman
sclingerman

5/27/2017

sclingerman
sclingerman
Finley2020 wrote:
How is the GI Joe series with IDW? I loved the franchise as a kid but have never revisited it since. Do people actually die in the book or do their rifles jam after 3 shots like in the cartoon? smile *click* *click* "Cobra junk!"

After Marvel ended it with issue #155 back in December 1944, IDW picked it up with issue #156 in 2010. So even though these covers are exact reprints of the Marvel #21, it's IDW that has the rights now.
I had CBCS witness Joe Jusko and Larry Hama sign my virgin variant, and sent it off for slabbing. (Both Larry and Joe are really nice guys with a lot of good "old days" stories.)
0 link
Finley2020
Finley2020

5/28/2017

Finley2020
Finley2020
sclingerman wrote:
Finley2020 wrote:

After Marvel ended it with issue #155 back in December 1944, IDW picked it up with issue #156 in 2010. So even though these covers are exact reprints of the Marvel #21, it's IDW that has the rights now.
I had CBCS witness Joe Jusko and Larry Hama sign my virgin variant, and sent it off for slabbing. (Both Larry and Joe are really nice guys with a lot of good "old days" stories.)

Did you mean December 1994? I had to look that up because I didn't think GI Joe was that old, lol.
0 link
sclingerman
sclingerman

5/31/2017

sclingerman
sclingerman
Yeah...... That was a bad typo.
0 link
sinisterss
sinisterss

7/9/2017

sinisterss
sinisterss
expander wrote:
I wish I could recall the issue number of the one I read as a child ( I was about 9 or 10) where........

(SPOILER ALERT)

Dusty dies. my copy didn't have a cover so, after I read it I just threw it on the stack with the rest of my reader copies that I think my younger brother wound up with.

I've been putting off buying the newer joe books out of a sheer lack of funding.
The few image books that I picked up in bulk lots aren't bad but reading them just served to frustrate me since I don't have a full story arc to read.

G.I. Joe Special Missions issue #13 is the one you're talking about
0 link