Squid Game Messages in this topic - RSS

glorkar
glorkar

10/7/2021

glorkar
glorkar
Anyone watching? I watched the first episode yesterday. Seemed interesting. It was super slow getting into it, but ones the game began it was entertaining. I'm going to give it a few more episodes for sure.
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

10/7/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I finished it last weekend. I liked it a lot. If you can look past the gore and bloodshed it's a pretty interesting take on people/psychology, etc... And the story, while maybe a little predictable, is really well done.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

10/7/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Finished the series last night! The first episode is setting the groundwork for the craziness to follow. I really enjoyed it, even with more violence than I'm accustomed to in shows. There are so many intense moments that you have to remind yourself to breathe. There are surprises along the way and different motivations come to the surface. Great show!

Keep watching.
Ron
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

12/11/2021

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
but is it better than the original?
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

12/11/2021

Defiant1
Defiant1
I saw the first episode. It was interesting. Haven't watched any others.
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

12/13/2021

glorkar
glorkar
@collectibleshop - Nice. Love the look of pure hatred in that squid's eyes, lol.

@Defiant1 - The first episode is pretty slow. Keep watching. You won't be disappointed.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

12/15/2021

Defiant1
Defiant1
glorkar wrote:
@collectibleshop - Nice. Love the look of pure hatred in that squid's eyes, lol.

@Defiant1 - The first episode is pretty slow. Keep watching. You won't be disappointed.

I liked it.

Too much important stuff going on. I work another day and a half. I'm off the rest of the year, so I may have time to see more.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

12/19/2021

Defiant1
Defiant1
Finally finished watching this. It's interesting. I thought the aftermath in the last episode was dragged out too long.
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

12/20/2021

glorkar
glorkar
Agreed. I could have done without that. And as far as a setup for next season, it wasn't very enticing. Not very cliff hangery.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

12/20/2021

Defiant1
Defiant1
glorkar wrote:
Agreed. I could have done without that. And as far as a setup for next season, it wasn't very enticing. Not very cliff hangery.

As I've gotten older, I've become more impatient with long pauses & delays. I find myself watching things at 1.5x or 2x speed just to speed things up that go too slowly for me.

There isn't really any new ground or original ideas presented within the story.

The biggest fascination for me was the cultural differences and what bothered them.

You see a cultural bias against women which I've seen in other discussions about Korea.

I thought it interesting that one character which could be deemed an immoral bad guy appeared to be American.

There was a wide range of acting skills. Some people did really well and some overacted to a degree that is simply cheesy.
0 link