Regular Old Books Messages in this topic - RSS

glorkar
glorkar

10/8/2021

glorkar
glorkar
So, anybody on here read actual books? You know, the kind without pictures, lol.

The other day my significant other tells me that one of her coworkers brought in a big box of books that she was giving away. Automatically I assumed they were a bunch of Harlequin Romance ones, the kind with Fabio wannabes on the cover. She laughed and said no. They were a bunch by Robert Jordan. That caught my interest. I've heard good things about the Wheel of Time series and have been wanting to track down the books to read them for quite some time. Turns out the entire series is there! I'm so excited. But man, those books are freaking huge! The shortest one is like, 500-600 pages or something.

I told her to tell her coworker thanks. I've been wanting to read them for a while. Now I'm going to be reading them for a while ROFLMAO
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

10/8/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
I've been getting all of the Timothy Zahn Thrawn books.
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

10/9/2021

glorkar
glorkar
Hmm. Haven't heard of him before. Don't think I'd enjoy the Star Wars books much (never got into the fandom) but some of the others look interesting.
0 link

10/9/2021

I read an average of about 20 books a year. mostly fantasy, historical fiction, and thrillers. If you like the Wheel series I would suggest Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth and Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin ( which I hope he finishes soon ).
0 link
comfan
comfan

10/9/2021

comfan
comfan
I read an average of about 20 books a year. mostly fantasy, historical fiction, and thrillers. If you like the Wheel series I would suggest Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth and Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin ( which I hope he finishes soon ).
That was me booted when I was posting
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

10/9/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
The Wheel of Time series is amazing. I've read it a number of times, and a new show is coming out this year on Amazon for it.

I read all non-comics the the time. Mostly Fantasy/Sci-Fi but other stuff now and again as well depending on my mood.
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

10/9/2021

glorkar
glorkar
I read a ton too. Also mostly fantasy and sci-fi. The books that got me into it all as a kid was Anne McCaffrey's Pern series. To this day it is still my favorite. I'll go back and do a reread every few years.
I'm also a big fan of Patricia Briggs. The Mercy Thompson books are a good read if you're into Weres / shifters.

Do you use Goodreads to track what you've read?
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

10/9/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I do use GoodReads.

I got interested in fantasy by The Hobbit. But the real hook was the original Dragonlance series. To this day still one of my favorites. I've met both the authors as well and they are amazing people.

If you read the Wheel of Time. Just know that it gets a little slow/sloggy in books 4-8 or so. The story and such are amazing in 1-3, meh in 4-8, and then back to amazing for the rest of the series. Unfortunately you can't skip them, there's a WHOLE lot of story in there that you'll need for the rest.
0 link
comfan
comfan

10/10/2021

comfan
comfan
I also use Goodreads to track my books
0 link