Xvipah73

all messages by user

2/21/2024
Topic:
Hepcat #13, Magnus 40 whitman

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Fixed the Magnus.

As far as Hepcats #13 goes. It may say it doesn't exist, but at least 2 people have added it to their collections. smile

And yea Glorkar, even according to GCD, those are .10 CAD, not US. I wish I had seen this before I noped em all. But, well, there it is.
3/4/2024
Topic:
artist name spelling

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Fixed
3/4/2024
Topic:
Nope Dispute - Edge of Spider-Verse 1

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
If the creators are added for the main cover (Cover A, base, whatever), when we do variants, we can just copy them over, which is really nice.

But, someone has to at least do the original main title first. I do see that sometimes the admins will add all the creators when they add a new issue or title, but a lot ofd times, not so much.
3/6/2024
Topic:
How long have you been a member of CPG?

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
November 2020 - Pandemic baby! I had another account before this one, probably started around 2016/2015, but then I let it go stale. Think when I came back I forgot the details (or maybe I just wanted to start over, don't remember), and, here I am.
3/8/2024
Topic:
Follow up from Casper0312 please

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Unfortunately no, when a variant is added you should get "credit" for it (possibly, date, price, or cover even) in your "My Rank" portion of your profile. I usually saw that and was able to go in and add it once I saw it.

Kaylump wrote:

Also curious if when a variant is added through the “report missing variant tool” if it as automatically added to my library or I gotta do it manually?

3/13/2024
Topic:
artist names Star Wars Doctor Aphra

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I think part of the issue is that a lot of us can't see what's actually in the database at any time (we have to follow that same process of go in to an issue, click on add creator, etc...). So when we're approving variants or new issues, we just go with what the person submitted, or what we may "know" that person as... Inhyuk Lee is a perfect example, I know the DB has it as In-hyuk, but that's just not how he spells his name. smile
3/13/2024
Topic:
artist names Star Wars Doctor Aphra

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
But those 3 are fixed.
3/15/2024
Topic:
artist name spelling

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Fixed the name misspelling. That link for Sheena is not working?
3/16/2024
Topic:
artist name spelling

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Fixed all 3.

This one I fixed, but I'm not sure he spells his name with a dash either.

collectibleshop wrote:
some more: https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/something-is-killing-the-children/26-BOOM-B/piqubpp subtitle says Junggeun, database says Jung-geun .
3/16/2024
Topic:
UPC Incorrect - Blue Beetle #33

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Fixed
3/20/2024
Topic:
artist name spelling

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Fixed and Fixed
3/25/2024
Topic:
artist name spelling

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Fixed and Fixed
3/26/2024
Topic:
artist name spelling

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Fixed
3/27/2024
Topic:
artist name spelling

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I can't do anything about the creators DB. I'll ping Ron to check it out.

glorkar wrote:
Kind of a spelling issue I think...
Chris Bachalo Hunter - https://comicspriceguide.com/creators/chris-bachalo-hunter
I'm pretty sure it should just be Chris Bachalo. The only reference to Hunter I can find online for him is that he worked on the title.
3/28/2024
Topic:
Death rage Merc publishing

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I see a whole bunch of Deathrage Variants that have been submitted. The problem I think you're running in to is that it is VERY hard to both verify that an issue exists and find a price for it when the majority of the issues come from Kickstarter. So, our normal places we might look (MCS, eBay, comics.org) don't have them listed anywhere with no creators or prices.

That'd leave us with guessing or leaving them unpriced (if we can at least verify existence), and with possibly no good cover scan, etc... So, truth be told, with the glut of variants out there, we focus on the ones that we can verify and price quickly and get them in the DB.

That was a really long winded way of saying that your stuff is there and we can see it. If you have more/better info to add it'll make it easier, and more likely, that we get it in to the DB.
3/30/2024
Topic:
Death rage Merc publishing

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I appreciate the link, but page 2 of this link has all the Deathrage I can see there, and none of them match any of the submitted variants.
4/1/2024
Topic:
So I done messed up...

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Fixed, thanks for catching that!
4/11/2024
Topic:
artist name spelling

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Fixed