Nope Dispute - Edge of Spider-Verse 1 Messages in this topic - RSS

glorkar
glorkar

2/29/2024

glorkar
glorkar
Got another "nope" that I'm disputing. This one is for Edge of Spider-Verse 1.
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/edge-of-spider-verse/1/piurcxv

Salvador Larroca got shot down as an interior artist, but he's hanging out in the credits. This one I'm not as sure on, since credits can be wrong.

Feel free to yup the letterer and editors too smile
Attachments:
eosv1credits.jpg
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

2/29/2024

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
yupped all. found corroborating credits on a review site. These comics with multiple stories and creative teams are always a pain to verify. Also yupped the Harley Quinn 37s. Also resub'd Tomeu Morey for Batman 142A cover artist TEAM, other sites note that too.

I don't know why the CPG staff doesn't fill in all that info when the comics are new and they're adding them to the site, my guess is not enough personpower for the added time, but would seem to me to be part of the duties.
now you can go yup all the pics I've submitted for Dark Horse, and Whatnot, and creators for whatnot's Astrobots smile

And finish noping the bad pics and telling those people why they don't qualify, I've given up on doing that.
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

2/29/2024

glorkar
glorkar
I don't blame them for not adding creators. It is fairly labor intensive. I only do the books I pull for the most part and it takes me quite a while. I could only imagine doing the same for dozens and dozens of books and variants each week.
And just to clarify, I don't care about the actual red marks on my account. I'm more concerned about having accurate date in the system, you know?
I've yupped your covers and creators. I'll take care of some nopes tomorrow. I feel bad doing that because they don't actually get any of the feedback on why it was noped.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

3/1/2024

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
I'd think adding creators for the staff might be quicker than for us, but yeah, it takes time and most likely they don't have enough people to add that task to the list. Plus the numerous misspelling of names in the database can make it tough to find the correct one. The subtitle has it one way, the database another.

As for nopes for pics and "I feel bad doing that because they don't actually get any of the feedback on why it was noped," you know you can send them a PM and tell them, right? I quit doing that due to either no one reading the PM, or getting pissy about being noped even if you nicely explain why. Your mileage/luck may be different. Thanks for the yups.
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

3/4/2024

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
If the creators are added for the main cover (Cover A, base, whatever), when we do variants, we can just copy them over, which is really nice.

But, someone has to at least do the original main title first. I do see that sometimes the admins will add all the creators when they add a new issue or title, but a lot ofd times, not so much.
0 link