Crowman

all messages by user

2/15/2016
Topic:
CROW'S NEST

Crowman
Crowman
Another 9.8 for the collection.... OK the cable cameo in Deadpool swung the decision to get this book in decent grade. smile

edited by Crowman on 2/15/2016
2/24/2016
Topic:
Great comic find :)

Crowman
Crowman
Sounds like a collector's wet dream to me.
2/29/2016
Topic:
CROW'S NEST

Crowman
Crowman
So many years of collecting comics and this book has always eluded me.... maybe I have just not been trying hard enough to get a decent copy. Anyway, very happy to snare one at last.

edited by Crowman on 2/29/2016
3/1/2016
Topic:
AMAZING MAKE UP

Crowman
Crowman
I guess this really should be in entertainment section?

Anyway, hope the link takes you there..... a talented lady.

https://www.facebook.com/allcenter/videos/1150213218325210/?__mref=message_bubble
3/3/2016
Topic:
CROW'S NEST

Crowman
Crowman

edited by Crowman on 6/16/2016
3/4/2016
Topic:
CROW'S NEST

Crowman
Crowman
Upgrading from my raw 8.5 to this slabbed 9.2.....

3/4/2016
Topic:
CROW'S NEST

Crowman
Crowman
..... and a mid grade Batman #62

edited by Crowman on 3/4/2016
3/4/2016
Topic:
CROW'S NEST

Crowman
Crowman
I think this is an origin issue too, so a good one to have.

What was her identity back then? I am not up to scratch on her history.
3/5/2016
Topic:
Sargon's Rubies of Life have returned

Crowman
Crowman
Some great looking books there, congrats!

The bizarre Polka Dot man? Gotta love it!
4/30/2016
Topic:
The first Black Panther sells for $90,000

Crowman
Crowman
Now that is a lot of dosh.

I have two copies. One graded at 8.5 and the other quite a rough copy, probably a 4.0.

smile
5/28/2016
Topic:
X-MEN APOCALYPSE

Crowman
Crowman
I was in Manila last week and saw the new X-Men film the day it was released on May 18th. Somewhat surprised nobody has opened a discussion on this yet?

I don't want to say too much lest I spoil it for you guys, but I quite enjoyed the film..... great battle scenes. Psylock was really good, but was not so keen on seeing Sansa Stark as Jean Grey.

One thing that puzzles me is who is the speedster? It cannot be Pietro Maximoff as he dies in Avengers Age of Ultron. Is he a new character?
There is the usual teaser at the end credits, but not entirely sure what that was about either. It reveals a company name that I will have to research a wee bit. smile
Hope you enjoy it.
6/1/2016
Topic:
X-MEN APOCALYPSE

Crowman
Crowman
I understand the end teaser now.... I should have sussed it out sooner. I blame the amount of alcohol in my bloodstream at the time. smile

Suffice to say that a certain back issue of Uncanny X-Men will show some heat as a result of this as it will mean the big screen debut of one of the X-Men's major antagonists.
6/1/2016
Topic:
X-MEN APOCALYPSE

Crowman
Crowman
Oh, and thanks for the explanation CapnDoug!

Shame though as it will probably mean we will never see an Avengers/X-Men crossover film.
6/16/2016
Topic:
CROW'S NEST

Crowman
Crowman
It's been a while since I posted any of my new buys so here are a few from the past few months.

I have been trying for ages to get a Saga 3rd print and 4th print. In picking up this bundle I have nailed the third print.

6/18/2016
Topic:
Where have all the peoples gone...

Crowman
Crowman
I am in agreement with what everyone is saying. The place just does not have the same "feel" as it had before the crash. It is also very frustrating with the lack of upkeep/housekeeping..... or whatever you want to call it. If it is a lack of moderators then maybe the site should advertise for anyone willing to step up?
6/19/2016
Topic:
What do you do for fun?

Crowman
Crowman
I'm a Chef, so work monopolises most of my time, working a six day week and minimum 12 hour day. But when I do get time off on the island I rarely leave my room as the island is so small. I watch films, TV, read. When I get to hit the city I shoot pool, go to see live bands and also take in some theatre. I also have a passion for collecting signed first day stamp covers, but that is just a fraction of my passion for comics. smile

Here's my island..... gives you an idea of the size.

edited by Crowman on 6/19/2016
7/29/2016
Topic:
Future State of the Comic Market: Gold/Silver Age

Crowman
Crowman
I am probably one of the older collectors around her (57 yrs of age) so have been around long enough to see plenty of change in the industry. It was not that long ago that you could have picked up Strange Tales #110 or FF #52 for a lot less than they are realising now. I am confident there is still money to be made on many books for the savvy investor.
10/26/2016
Topic:
GABRIELLE DEL'OTTO VENOM #1 SECRET VARIANT

Crowman
Crowman
I snagged one of these puppies when it was still on the cheap.
Is this the best Venom cover yet?

It is smoking hot!..... in my humble opinion. smile

edited by Crowman on 10/26/2016
10/26/2016
Topic:

Crowman
Crowman
Yes, you are quite correct, I do not have the book in hand yet. The dealer I got it from sent me an advance sneak peak of the artwork.

Could not contain my enthusiasm for the cover and decided to share it. smile
edited by Crowman on 10/26/2016
10/28/2016
Topic:

Crowman
Crowman
I believe there are only 500 copies of this book.

I have already signed up for #2, also a 500 copy limited variant.
1234 ..9