Casper0312
Crap... the above was from me (in case you missed it in the SS). oops! -dg
2/14/2021
Topic:
New Feature related to Variants

Casper0312
Casper0312
BasementComics wrote:
For Ronbatman or another admin: If I see I have submitted variants and they are a few months old, should I cancel and resubmit or leave as is?

Ohh, this is a great question. I have a single one left, way back from July 2020 (power pack #5 - LMAO). I see who it is assigned to, maybe I should reach out to them I get back next month?
2/15/2021
Topic:
New Feature related to Variants

Casper0312
Casper0312
Excellent thanks so much
2/18/2021
Topic:
Verify cover prices list not working

Casper0312
Casper0312
We are seeing this with some of the date and creator publishers as well, but not as broken as the cover dates.
-dg
2/26/2021
Topic:
Comic Book Pressing and Cleaning

Casper0312
Casper0312
When i get back to Boston, I plan on sending some in. I’ll be back mid-March.
Looking forward to this.
2/28/2021
Topic:
West Coast Avengers #45

Casper0312
Casper0312
Holy Hannah! those bids are out of control. I guess I should bite the bullet and watch the show.
3/1/2021
Topic:
Gains / Drops Alerts

Casper0312
Casper0312
I am Loving the new My Gains and Losses view. It captures everything I thought was missing. I also love the personalized +/- for your grade.
Amazing work here. Thank you!!!
3/3/2021
Topic:
New Personalized Gains and Drops

Casper0312
Casper0312
Great feature! Thank you.
3/10/2021
Topic:
Ruk's list-Who has the best collection

Casper0312
Casper0312
Hi there ruk!

Here i am with 3,170 books at $41,117.60

Thank you as always,
David - Casper0312 (*EEIG)
edited by Casper0312 on 3/10/2021
4/10/2021
Topic:
Battle Angel incorrect scan

Casper0312
Casper0312
Hi there,

Can you please remove the scan from BATTLE ANGEL ALITA: LAST ORDER #3 ( https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/battle-angel-alita-last-order/3/sjuplv )

The scan on issue 3 belongs to issue 4.

Thanks,
David
4/22/2021
Topic:
WRONG COVER PRICE

Casper0312
Casper0312
lokyel wrote:
Best Of The Rip Off Press #2 Soft Cover Values and Pricing | Rip Off Press Comics | The Comic Price Guide (comicspriceguide.com)

HAS THE WRONG COVER PRICE IT SHOULD BE $3.50

Thanks! I corrected the cover price.
-David
5/3/2021
Topic:
Dark Knight Returns TPB Scan)

Casper0312
Casper0312
Hi there.
I believe the scan for the Dark Knight Returns TPB 3rd Printing is incorrect. ( https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/batman-the-dark-knight-returns/1-3rd%20Print_trade_paper_back/sbwybp )

The scan there is for the Warner Books version of book and should be here: ( https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/batman-the-dark-knight-returns/sjtwo

I have a replacement scan to add once removed.

Thanks!
David
5/7/2021
Topic:
Incorrect "misses"

Casper0312
Casper0312
I’ll generally attempt to connect with the submitter on a Miss before committing. I am neurotic with these reward/penalty systems so appreciate it when given a chance to correct before getting the Miss penalty on the ranking.
I think if you have “misses” you believe are correct or “hits” you believe are incorrect, then you could post about it here in the forums.

If you see an entry with negative points, you can click on the points and you will see who said No and there should be a good explanation on why they said No.

If you are verifying information and accidentally hit Yes or No, you can click on the points again (either green or red) and it will expand as above. You will see your vote there, along with a trashcan. Click the trash can and it removes your vote on the submission.

David
5/8/2021
Topic:
Incorrect "misses"

Casper0312
Casper0312
I hate it when I take too long to post and it times me out.

—-
When I first joined this site, it was pretty overwhelming with all the information. I have some stupid silly runs of junk books so I got alot of practice adding creators to issues. I cant tell you the number of times I added the Cover Artist in the Writer slot or switched up the Letterer/Colorist. Of course, then I found the Orange\ trash can under the Verify Info section. if you make a mistake, we all do, go to the “Help Verify Data” section under the “Price Guide” dropdown from any CPG main site page. You should be able to find your submission by publisher/title and for your submissions there will not be an option for Green Yes/Red Nope. Rather, there will be an Orange Trashcan. Take a moment and trash any mis-keys.
Now, you might ask why. Well, there is a good group on here who really enjoy verifying the submissions. I’ve learned so much about the industry, alternate publishers, lettering/naming conventions, etc. AND all the crazy differences in \different databases. If I see something you subMITTED, I will take a good amount of time to look into whether it is valid. It can be a bit much, even if you have the book in front of you or umm... reading an online copy. So many creators have pseudonyms, get married, grow up, shift identities and seeing if that is the case can be time consuming. So, a quick couple of clicks on a “boo-boo” can save quite a bit of time for someone else.

Love all these variant submissions. Some really fun mysteries in there. And thank you to whoever wrote the educational paragraph on the Australian Variants. It helped me out. Right now, I am focusing on the Australian and the Mark Jeweler variants. As they get approved, they will have a regular variant designation until I can get them moved to the new Exclusive designation. Please be a bit patient, though I can see some have been submitted quite a long time ago.

Thanks everyone... this is a pretty great community!
5/14/2021
Topic:
GIANT SIZE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: KING'S RANSOM #1

Casper0312
Casper0312
Theoldcollector wrote:
Lol I just realized my subject line for this thread is in all caps, my bad. I'm not yelling I swear smile

It's Giant! I kinda expected the caps! ;-)
-dg
5/14/2021
Topic:
Incorrect "misses"

Casper0312
Casper0312
collectibleshop wrote:
thanks Ron. I was the one who corrected my misses, so thought maybe the system would recognize that and remove them, but not so, so now we all know.

For the ones that you corrected before they reached -10 points by TrashCanning your original submission, they do not make it to the misses section, unless the correction subsequently accumulates -10 points. I tend to leave them on the list and let the member know so they can go in and self-correct. Personally, I found it easier to correct when it remained on the list rather than having to go search for it.
-David
6/18/2021
Topic:
New title ADD to Mexican Publisher

Casper0312
Casper0312
Can you please add the following title to the Editorial Televisa publisher.

Title: Venom
Format: Regular Series
Issue Format: Regular Issues

Starting Issue: 1
Ending Issue: 165

Volume 3

Start Year: 2017
End Year: 2019
*6mo lag from Marvel dates

GCD equiv: https://www.comics.org/series/172378/

—-

Related to a Variant Submission located under this issue: https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/venom/1/pjxwhus

NOTE: Other publisher link between marvel title and this new one requested for this variant

Thank you as always,
David
6/20/2021
Topic:

Casper0312
Casper0312
Hi Ruk! I hope you've been able to get your second shot by now.

Casper0312 (*EEIG)

Books: 3175

Value: $44,221.53

Thanks for doing this and happy belated birthday! Why not extend the festivities?!
-David
6/21/2021
Topic:

Casper0312
Casper0312
Great to hear! Cause otherwise I was going to tell you time for a road trip and I would give you your second shot myself. Well, I'd get one of my nice Nurses to give it to you.
6/26/2021
Topic:
BCW Comic Book Bins

Casper0312
Casper0312
Yeah, those little bins have gotten pricier. However, I am trying to transition over to them since they protect the books a bit better. Amazing the false sense of security I was giving myself with the long/short white ones. I generally order from Amazon, well, because of Covid and I can get them next day, but I have to really watch the prices since they are so volatile. They aren't available on Subscribe and Save so no discount there.

The other is Mylar 2mm bags. However, I put them on Amazon Subscribe and Save with Prime and I have the same price now as I did last May. They limit me to 2 a month though. Its worked out well, though, as I have been a bit more thoughtful on my approach to processing/evaluating my books given that I will only switch 100/month to Mylar. I know, I too am surprised I didn't have bag/board degradation for the decades the books were in the same enclosure.

Here is the crazy price history for Mylar Bags on Amazon and they are at a silly $31 right now. With S/S, I am paying $17.

-David
1234 ..22