New Feature related to Variants Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

9/25/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
So we had some people say things like, "How do I know if I submitted this variant?". Honestly, there wasn't a good answer. Unless you kept track yourself there was no way to know if you had submitted it or not, until now. The video does a better job of explaining it but I'll go ahead and write a summary.

https://youtu.be/kqcfeyDt3ig

When you submit a variant on the site, that variant will appear in your account under the issue.
For example, let's suppose you added a variant to Detective 1027.

https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/detective-comics/1027/phppctw

If you went to the bottom of the variants tab, directly under the red button you will see your variant submission. No one but you can see that submission. You also have the ability to edit it or delete it. The real goal is to allow you to keep track of what you've submitted to the site.
Thanks,
Ron
edited by ronbatman on 9/25/2020
+4 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

9/25/2020

BasementComics
BasementComics
That is cool. Thanks Ron. Now I just have to remember what I submitted.

Donald
+1 link
wjellingson
wjellingson

10/2/2020

wjellingson
wjellingson
Keep up the good work. I just noticed this today and its a super nice feature to have. Thank you.
+1 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

2/14/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
For Ronbatman or another admin: If I see I have submitted variants and they are a few months old, should I cancel and resubmit or leave as is?
+1 link
Casper0312
Casper0312

2/14/2021

Casper0312
Casper0312
BasementComics wrote:
For Ronbatman or another admin: If I see I have submitted variants and they are a few months old, should I cancel and resubmit or leave as is?

Ohh, this is a great question. I have a single one left, way back from July 2020 (power pack #5 - LMAO). I see who it is assigned to, maybe I should reach out to them I get back next month?
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

2/15/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
If you have a submitted variant that shows up, please don't resubmit it. We get people that resubmit each week until it's approved. That wastes a lot of time when we are going through the variants and it makes the admins who approve them think you're impatient.

If someone has claimed your listing, you can reach out to them. Send them a message on the site, thanking them and ask how it's going. That's totally fine. Last week I spoke with ScottWesty and Trduchien about the unapproved variants and they are working on them. I saw that over 125 were knocked off the list since Thursday.
R
+2 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

2/15/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
Thanks Ron.
0 link
Casper0312
Casper0312

2/15/2021

Casper0312
Casper0312
Excellent thanks so much
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

2/28/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
How long does it normally take for a submission to be approved? I submitted one two weeks ago and just making sure I did it correctly.
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

2/28/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
They get hundreds of submissions so you'll want to be patient. I have submissions that are months old but they will eventually get them added.
+1 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

2/28/2021

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Theoldcollector wrote:
How long does it normally take for a submission to be approved? I submitted one two weeks ago and just making sure I did it correctly.

Ronbatman tells you on this thread how to check your submissions.

and see Ronbatman's last post in this thread about the time it takes: https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/topic13832-amazing-lady-death-asm--homage.aspx
+1 link
Laroo42
Laroo42

5/28/2021

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey Ron,

Is it possible to have the variants submitted for approval added to the Pending list under our account?

Thanks
+1 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

5/28/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
Laroo42 wrote:
Hey Ron,

Is it possible to have the variants submitted for approval added to the Pending list under our account?

Thanks

I love this idea.
+1 link