No gains/losses? Messages in this topic - RSS

Jarvrek
Jarvrek

12/21/2020

Jarvrek
Jarvrek
I just refreshed my comic collection page and noticed that my collection value increased by $10. I checked the Gains/Losses in my profile, but there is nothing listed. How do I find out which of my comic books have changed in value?
0 link
Casper0312
Casper0312

12/21/2020

Casper0312
Casper0312
Jarvrek wrote:
I just refreshed my comic collection page and noticed that my collection value increased by $10. I checked the Gains/Losses in my profile, but there is nothing listed. How do I find out which of my comic books have changed in value?

I find the Gains/Losses popup is sporadic in showing movement. Usually, this seems to be because the update was just added to the database. I say this because jumping to the Values Update screen from the Gains/Losses will show the updates on that first page.

On the flip side, I don't often enter new books anymore so I will see lots of updates on the gains/losses popup, but my value stays the same week after week after week. I found the value does not update until you actually access your collection. So once a week I will just jump to my collection and then you just have to click on a publisher and BAM! your value will update at the top of the screen.

When I am super busy and don't access the site for a while, I might not see an update showing in the Gains/Losses because it expired. Like you, if I go to my collection and select a publisher or maybe add a new issue, the value is recalculated and I am left wondering where that extra $$ came from.

Just some of my observations and hope one matches for you.
David
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

12/22/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Gains and losses show up for a limited amount of time. So if you haven't checked in a while, that update would be gone but the value would still be in your collection. In those cases, you can scroll through the Recent Value Change page and see the last 30 days of updates.

Another possibility is that the book was a graded issue. Currently, we only show the raw price increases on the recent value change page. Obviously, we change both sets of values, but we don't show graded because there would be a lot of redundancy. I see that as a future option though.

When I personally update values I typically go through a title. For example, I recently went through the first four volumes of She-Hulk. Almost every book in those titles saw some changes but the graded changes didn't appear. The reason I saying this is that when you see 3 or more changes in a title, look closer and you'll find graded changes as well. I try to alert regulars to the forums about what I'm doing with forum posts and Instagram posts. (as I did with She-Hulk, Vision, Scarlet Witch and Daredevil recently)
Ron
+1 link

1/9/2021

Sorry to revisit this, but with all the time I've been spending on here, there is definitely something out of whack with the Gain/Losses vs Recent Value Changes vs Value. Here is the situation I currently have:

a) my gains/losses pop has some updates on it. (yay)

Since there are 2 Forgotten Realms and two DP7, I jump to the Recent Value Changes. I don't see them in the initial global list even going through the pages so I isolate them by Publisher. Checking Marvel and DC I don't see the DP7(which appeared in Gains/Losses 1/8), or Green Lantern Mosaic (app G/L 1/2), or Forgotten Realms (app 1/2). The other titles in my G/L DO appear in the Recent Updates as follows: Ravage 2099 (app 12/26), X-Men and Micronauts (app 1/7), Fantastic Four #353 (app 12/31), and TMNT Loot (app 1/8). Notice below on the DC cut, the letters F and G aren't available, meaning no updates for Green Lantern or Forgotten Realms. Same for Marvel, no D for DP7 and those two started showing up last night and this morning.

So let's look at value. On login, value is sitting at

Let's force a recalculation (which I last did a couple of days ago)

We know $50 of it from the TMNT Loot update, leaving $0.16. I'd like to assume that is $0.08 from the DP7 updates (I know. I was a kid), but I really shouldn't assume. Yes, it is only $0.16 that I can't account for today; much higher a week prior.

Anyway, point is that things are updating together in Value and Gains/Losses, but are not showing in the Recent Value Updates, even after waiting a bit for any database lag. Almost forgot, I'm one of those souls who has no graded books.

Just some added info to support the issue originally brought up by @Jarvrek

-David
0 link
Casper0312
Casper0312

1/9/2021

Casper0312
Casper0312
Crap... the above was from me (in case you missed it in the SS). oops! -dg
0 link