Topic:
Ruk's list-Who has the best collection

agamoto
agamoto
Only a few more boxes left to go…

Update:

Comix: 29891
Value: $348,264.12

If I had held on to all my big marvels (spider 1-20I sold just 2 months before the pandemic hit, I would have cracked the top 10 easily. I’ve got only a couple of stray short boxes left to look at. Definitely not going to reach ptthomas2010. I bow to thee good sir!
8/22/2021
Topic:

agamoto
agamoto
I tried to edit out the list of books I sold, but the site took a dump on me and left part of the edit behind. Can’t fix it. Needless to say, I’m REALLY bummed about the difference in value for those books then versus now. Most now worth double, triple, and in a couple of cases like my NM+ GSX1’s, 10 times what I sold for at the end of 2019.
8/28/2021
Topic:
Wrong cover price...

agamoto
agamoto
decimal place is a couple digits off!

https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/sgt-fury-and-his-howling-commandos/58/wbpqj

$12.00
2/2/2022
Topic:

agamoto
agamoto
Update!

30,776 Issues

$379,343.44

Got a thousand or so more books to add that I've accumulated including a whole bunch of golden age books to put up. I think I might be able to finally crack the top 10!
2/9/2022
Topic:

agamoto
agamoto
Update... 30945 Comics - $402,571.20

More to come! Lookout top 10!
2/12/2022
Topic:

agamoto
agamoto
Update...

31,447 comics

$428,270.72

Top 10, woohoo!
3/19/2022
Topic:

agamoto
agamoto
Update...

31686 books
$444,716.08
4/1/2022
Topic:
WHIZ COMICS #1

agamoto
agamoto
I'm lucky enough to have found a coverless original in the wild, so I've been down this road already too clearing up what version mine was.

The black and white interior confirms it. What you actually have is the Don Maris reprint from the 70's. I also have a copy of this as well. It's still a very valuable comic itself in higher grades, but it's not the original, sorry.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=don+maris+whiz+%231&_sacat=0
4/1/2022
Topic:

agamoto
agamoto
Update:

32217 books
$454,249.38

I honestly don't know how my wife hasn't divorced me yet.

I've got another 20 shortboxes to go through yet from another collection I bought, but I know there's nothing huge in what's left.

I'm about to send off about 100 books to get pressed and graded though, and should they come back as well I think they will, I'll be taking that 8th spot for sure!
4/7/2022
Topic:
Flintstones with Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm #1

agamoto
agamoto
Published by Gold Key 11/65
Issue Code 30028-511

Can't find it here.

Last sold @ Heritage for $168 for a 9.2 copy in 2021

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-flintstones-with-pebbles-and-bamm-bamm-1-gold-key-1965-cgc-nm-92-white-pages/a/122109-11280.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Don't know how important it is, but CGC dropped the hyphen in Bamm-Bamm.
4/7/2022
Topic:
Does CBS watch CBS...?

agamoto
agamoto
It's almost certainly not CBS' fault, but a fault in a setting on a downstream encoder, almost always at the local cable company, which causes the encoded captioning in the SCTE stream to get corrupted. Happens a lot.
4/9/2022
Topic:

agamoto
agamoto
Another quick update...

33234 Books
$470,695.39
4/10/2022
Topic:
Forged From Metal: The New Age of Heroes

agamoto
agamoto
Can't seem to find this one...

#nn

DC Comics

8-Pages
Ashcan
April, 2017
Price: Free
URL: https://www.dccomics.com/comics/dark-nights-metal-2017/forged-from-metal-the-new-age-of-heroes-ashcan-edition

Infor found elsewhere: C2E2 Diamond Retailer Summit exclusive featuring concept art and notes from the creation of DC's "New Age of Heroes line."

4/10/2022
Topic:

agamoto
agamoto
There are a few of these circulating that are signed by Jim Lee, Andy Kubert, Romita Jr. and Greg Capullo, Scott Snyder, etc. I've got one.
4/19/2022
Topic:
Cover for Comic Land #1

agamoto
agamoto
Is this the right place for this?

https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/comic-land/1/pbtqkw

I noticed there's no pic, so you can have a shot of my copy.
4/21/2022
Topic:
Spider-man All Detergent Giveaway

agamoto
agamoto
Why the hell can't I find this thing on the site? Anyone know where it is?

Thanks!
4/22/2022
Topic:
Spider-man All Detergent Giveaway

agamoto
agamoto
Damn it, I tried all those things and came up empty each time, even browsing the promo spider-man as I have a bunch of that too.

Thanks!
4/22/2022
Topic:

agamoto
agamoto
Update:

35,112 comics
$502,841.68

I've still got about 5 or 6 shortboxes and a steamer trunk full of Canadian price variants on the way from Ontario to inventory yet, and then that is the end of it!
8/4/2022
Topic:
How the heck do I...

agamoto
agamoto
We need a section that details how the hell to perform certain functions.

I recently sold the bulk of my collection roughly 250 boxes worth of stuff, 30,000 comics or so, and I've kept 5,000 of them, but I'm also trying to sell those.

First problem is removing the boxes and issues from the first sale.

I have deleted the boxes, but all of the comics were moved to the "unorganized bin".

0I sat there, for over an hour, manually deleting each comic, 100 books at a time, but having to click on the orange buttons constantly to expand the listings for multiple copies, of which I have, or had, a ton.

We are talking a repetitive, manual chore that is MIND NUMBING and takes forever. The result? I STILL have 24,000 comics to delete.

You need a function to allow us to delete EVERYTHING in the -1 unorganized box. If there is such a function, I'd like to know where it is please!

Secondly, and this has been an ongoing thing...

The rest of my collection that I have I'm looking to sell as well, it's basically all the stuff I accumulated after I sold off the original collection that I've indexed here. It's been a nightmare trying to do this due to the limitations of the site's ability to export information into a format where I can actually use it to help me sell my books.

I can't sort them by value, I can't sort them by their status as a key issue or not, I can't sort and set aside the books I have graded, the ones that are signed, the 9.4's that have much greater potential after press/grade, I can't sort by value and eliminate books that are worth less than $5 each for consideration.

To my very real-world detriment, the best I can do is print out the contents of the box, which contains very little info beyond title, issue, grade and value, and of course it's in a format that is not sortable as well, so I can't simply dump the data into excel. We've been down this road before.

I had John Dolmayan from Torpedo Comics standing in my garage Tuesday afternoon, all of us sweating our bawls off, asking me what I wanted for everything and me not being able to tell him because I don't have the ability to work the data of the issues I have indexed in the 50-60 boxes I have left in my collection. All I could do was print out each box and its contents, where nothing but the title, grade and price is indexed.

That alone took me probably an hour to do, just to print out the boxes I have remaining... 50 or 60, each with 7,8 or 9 pages to print.

In the end, I had a stack of paper 4" thick to hand over and was told "wtf is this?".... In the end no deal was done and I had wasted our time.
8/4/2022
Topic:
How the heck do I...

agamoto
agamoto
Damn it, I can't even use the sites limited "top information" generated tables to glean some insight into what I have remaining, because the site still thinks I have 24K+ unsorted issues.