agamoto

all messages by user

8/4/2022
Topic:
Ruk's list-Who has the best collection

agamoto
agamoto
An update! I've sold off 30,000 of my books, and have another 5K or so that I'm also selling. It's time.

In the end, I made it to a total value of $531K and over 35,000 comics!

Now, sadly, I must say goodbye to the top 10 list. upset

Thank you, Ruk, for letting me play!
8/4/2022
Topic:
How the heck do I...

agamoto
agamoto
rixmaxx wrote:
If you are trying to get rid of all your "Unorganized Isses", you can:
Click on your "My Comic Boxes"
Click the Blue "View Unorganized Issues" box at the top right
Select the "Select Issue" box towards the top
Then click the Red "Remove Issues" box, over to the right

Is that what you were looking to do or am I misunderstanding? smile

I already know how to do this. As stated, I have 24,000+ comics to remove, many of them multiple issues. I can only list and select 100 issues at a time and if there are multiple copies of the same issue at different grades, I must first expand those listing before the issues can be selected and removed.

Maybe this video will help you understand...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHYU5d2PBtc

Approximately 6 minutes to remove 1000 comics. I'd really not rather have to sit here for another 2 hours and 20 minutes doing something that should be capable with a single command. Sure, I know it's dangerous, but they can put a warning up if need be.
8/7/2022
Topic:
Worth Getting Graded? Golden Era Barn Finds

agamoto
agamoto
I'm seeing what appears to be water damage on some of these pictures. Is that the case?

I think I see one in the top right of the detective 98 and also on the batman 82-84.

Stains get absolutely hammered by CGC and technically speaking will drop the grade to a 3.5 universal (blue) label. If there is associated water damage like rippling in the pages and rusty staples with rust migrating into the pages, you're looking at otherwise beautiful books that could score as low as a 2.0. Not fun.

You definitely need to send these off to someone who isn't just a dry/cleaner and presser. Those are a dime a dozen. You need someone who can reverse the water damage and remove those water stains using undetectable means. Water stains that are fairly light I've seen hit a book down to 5.5, but if it's a stain that's bigger than a quarter, on the cover, through the book... You're going to get hammered on it.

CGC/CBCS' pressing divisions, and most independent pressers for that matter, will not do any form of aqueous cleaning, which is necessary to get those stains out but can easily lead to a purple restored label and you do NOT want that. Actually, I think CGC is able to do it in their restoration division, but if they do it, they'll assign in a conserved grade which knocks the value down a bit. It's also expensive and it takes them a long time to do.

You definitely do not want to pour money down the drain sending these off to CGC to get a low grade slapped on them. Waste of time and money. Fix'em first, then send them in, or sell them raw in their present condition.

Did you come across any other remnants? covers only, coverless? single pages?

Is that only the front cover from Action 31 or is it the front and back? I actually need that front cover for a coverless Action 31 I have. With that cover, I can recreate the missing parts and submit it for a "conserved" grade. I'll pay $60 for it if it's just the front cover, $100 if the back cover is there too.

You should post all your pics to a social media account, google/icloud album, etc. and then share that album so we can see the highest quality pics possible.

The Batman 15, assuming the back is about the same as the front, has all it's pages, no cut outs, no major stains or rusty staples, with both staples still attached to the cover, falls into the 3.0+ range. Closest sale to that grade was $1400 for a 3.0 restored copy a few weeks ago. FYI.
8/7/2022
Topic:

agamoto
agamoto
Hi Ruk, stick me wherever you'd like. It would be nice to be able to say I had 7th spot on Ruk's list or whatever it was, but it's only fair that if I liquidate some books, another collector still possessing their books should climb up.

Currently have a very reasonable to handle 6136 books worth $147,206.23

I've got 9 short boxes that are not cataloged at all, but I know there's a 9.4+ grade Tomb of Dracula 10, Heroes for Hire 1, Werewolf by Night 1, and Marvel Special Edition in those boxes somewhere!

Some big auctions I'm bidding on end tomorrow too, so it's possible I'll crack $200K again.

So much for leaving the hobby!! Well, at least I can get in and out of my garage and office again.
6/1/2023
Topic:

agamoto
agamoto
Ruk, I'm STILL ALIVE!!!

16,125 comics
Value: $355,658.43