Eggs7

all messages by user

12/14/2016
Topic:
Need advice on a massive collection..

Eggs7
Eggs7
I figured I'd tail off this thread if that's all right since I have some of the same questions. I have between 3500 and 7000 comics to go through (long story) and have roughly 900 cataloged to some degree. I'm also friends with a comic book store owner in the area and know a couple of others (though it's been awhile. One thing I was looking at was selling on this site but I'm also seeing good things about comic-connect and heritage (among others). Comic cons are out since I don't have the time to travel and even though. Ebay looks okay, dealers are out since I know what they'll offer in most cases.
12/20/2016
Topic:
Ruk's list-Who has the best collection

Eggs7
Eggs7
Issues: 1,036
Value: $109,189.57

This only depresses me because I have about 4000-7000 more comics to sort and add.
12/22/2016
Topic:

Eggs7
Eggs7
ruk wrote:
PS-Eggs
as yu add you move up the list-
you cd challenge me...
Oh Dear-what have I done....

Don't worry, I am estimating that the entire collection is somewhere in the 300k area but who knows? At any rate I won't be done for probably 6 more months. And then I get to deal with 500 or so big little books.
12/22/2016
Topic:

Eggs7
Eggs7
And I'm currently up again because I found a copy of Iron Man #55 in pristine condition.

• Issues: 1,061
  • Value: $113,806.77

12/23/2016
Topic:
The first Black Panther sells for $90,000

Eggs7
Eggs7
I know this is an old thread but the price someone paid for that issue boggles my mind. Found a link: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/26/90000-record-sale-for-first-appearance-of-the-black-panther-fantastic-four-52-comics-entertainment-marvel-civil-war/

I have a copy at about a 5.5 and currently there's a bunch of copies on comicconnect at various grades. Just trying to wrap my head around the 90000 price tag for that 9.8 since I remember when Detective Comics #27 went for about $28000 in high grade. Man, things change.
12/27/2016
Topic:

Eggs7
Eggs7
  • Issues: 1,214
  • Value: $121,940.91

Still need to add the rest of Thor, Captain America, Adventure, Action, etc
12/27/2016
Topic:
How do you sort your collection...

Eggs7
Eggs7
Defiant1 wrote:
All Marvel together alphabetically.
All DC together alphabetically.
All large qty indy comics together alphabetically. (Topps, Valiant, etc.)
All smaller qty indy comics alphabetical by publisher. The real small press stuff.

That being said, I'm involved in a 1000 year sorting process because most of my comics haven't been sorted. I acquired too many in too short of a time. I do have a problem that some comics I picked up in bulk are stuff I don't even want to mix in with the comics I am sorting. The real answer is that I have too many comics to sort and not enough years in my life to accomplish it at the rate I'm going.

I'm kind of there with you. My comics are what I inherited from my dad, and even though I know what's in the boxes they're not totally sorted at this point. My dad was an acquisitions librarian who was very fond of science fiction books, pulps, big little books, and (of course) comics, so of course he amassed this huge collection. I still remember in 1986 or 87 at an estate sale he bought about 500-750 comic books for 5 cents each. Among those comics: Iron Man #1 (he already had a copy), Tomb of Dracula #10, Defenders #1, Iron Man #55, Marvel Superheroes #18, etc., etc... The biggest issue (no pun intended) has been bagging and boarding them since they were stored flat for about 20 years (but with remarkably little damage), and then trying to decide what to keep/sell.
12/27/2016
Topic:
Post Pictures of Your Comic Room!

Eggs7
Eggs7
This is it at the moment. Lots of work ongoing.
1/6/2017
Topic:
Red Star/Asterick

Eggs7
Eggs7
Could be. Could you add a photo?
2/27/2017
Topic:
customer service?

Eggs7
Eggs7
I had an issue with log-in and emailed them to no avail. Posting on their facebook page got a quicker response: https://www.facebook.com/ComicsPriceGuide/ so I'd try there.
2/27/2017
Topic:
lost and confuse with underground comics

Eggs7
Eggs7
What are some of the titles? I've got ~250 UGs myself.
3/15/2017
Topic:
So, I am ready to liquidate portions of my collect

Eggs7
Eggs7
If you want to resell to collectors who will genuinely appreciate the comics you may not want to go the slab route, unless the cost difference is substantial (e.g. Silver Surfer #4). I guess I'm speaking more for myself and the collectors I interact with(online and irl) but the majority of us are not fond of slabbed comics for a variety of reasons. Again, though, if you have some that are going to be worth a mint it's probably worth slabbing. That, and if the comic is very brittle but valuable it would probably be a good idea to slab and protect it from further wear. Just my opinion.
3/17/2017
Topic:
So, I am ready to liquidate portions of my collect

Eggs7
Eggs7
No ones saying that collectors don't buy slabbed comics, just that some prefer not to. That's my experience.