Pro-Novice

all messages by user

9/30/2016
Topic:
I'm a super newbie, bare with me, couple questions

Pro-Novice
Pro-Novice
Do the prices you find here on the site hold up when it comes to selling? Are people just grading them on their own?

I have about 600 comics now and I'm thinking of trying to sell some of the ones in the 7.0-8.0 grading range with some better one's mixed in. I would expect like less than a dollar for most of those and I would try to be reasonable. But what I really want to know is do people buy only NM or better or do they buy them all.

Are package deals a good way to throw in some of the lesser condition one's, I would still be honest.

Don't think I might not sell any good ones, I want to feel it out and the good ones might start coming.
9/30/2016
Topic:

Pro-Novice
Pro-Novice
I'm learning more about the grading as the night goes on. I was pretty critical at first, but most of my iffy one's simply have dull edgs, some fading on white areas, or small creases coming the binding, or some unnevenness how they are folded. I have very few with any tears or anything missing, and I just hate those, but I wonder if people still want them. I am approaching this on the conservative side, but I'm finding that most of them look good, are flat, good color and framing, some perfect corners and some not so perfect and I think close to half are right there around 9.4. I have put aside my favs and they are the one's that seem almost perfect, and I just wonder, are these 9.9s? If so the price really should go up on those, but will people pay for the great condition? I think I will start selling soon, would like any feedback before I start and directions of course. Mine are all newly wrapped, is this how I should photo them?
9/30/2016
Topic:

Pro-Novice
Pro-Novice
More about Me,my favorite subject. I bought all of these in bulk deals of 50 or 100 on E-Bay and Amazon. I got a great mix of comics and years and conditions. After pricing them it seems I got a good deal. Do you agree this is a good way to buy? I think I might just start subscribing to mags from now on, now that I got a good start. At least subscriptions should come mintish in theory.
9/30/2016
Topic:
Who pays for shipping on Sales?

Pro-Novice
Pro-Novice
I mean on this site and on EBAY. I haven't decided which platform (or both) I'm going to use. I got comics to sell and I need any advice I can get. Will anybody buy the blemished one's if I carefully price them accordingly cheap. I was hoping I could throw in a real mixed bag, mixed dates, titles, conditions. Will anybody go for it? Do I need to pair up like-with-like mostly?
1/13/2017
Topic:
Is there a market for comics graded 6.0-8.5?

Pro-Novice
Pro-Novice
I have been buying bulk and have a wide array of conditions in my comics from 4.5 to 9.9. Will the lesser conditioned ones' sell if appropriatly priced? For instance I have many that I have priced at say $1.75, when they would be $4 mint.
1/30/2017
Topic:
I've bagged them without boarding them!

Pro-Novice
Pro-Novice
Have I mistreated my collection? Don't get me wrong they've been handled well and the bags seem to protect them. Is this just bad practice? How does it affect my prospects of selling them?
9/26/2017
Topic:
What's the best way to organize comics?

Pro-Novice
Pro-Novice
Is it by Title, series, similar series', by company, by year?