brownchikano

all messages by user

1/6/2016
Topic:
What happened to the old forums?

brownchikano
brownchikano
GLAD TO BE BACK!!! MISSED THIS COMMUNITY.
1/6/2016
Topic:
CapnDoug's Back Issue Discoveries

brownchikano
brownchikano
Awesome pick ups man!!
1/6/2016
Topic:
-Brownchikano's Recent Comic Pick Ups-

brownchikano
brownchikano
Glad to see this place back up.
Happy new years to all and hope to see tbe old gang come back and hope to see a lot of new faces. Consider this my back issue pick ups 2.0 I'lll be posting back issue purchases, new issue pick ups, and cgc/cbcs submissions from my collection in short words, some eye candy for the community. So lets kick this into action.

Cool

Some recent books I had signed and submitted to CGC and a few blue labels as well.

Sensation Comics Wonder Woman #4
Signed by Adam Hughes [AH!]

Really like this AH! cover, i've become a big fan of his work. Got about 2 of these one signed by him and got about 3 more raws 9.8 candidates I plan to get signed sometime in 2016.

Barb-Wire #1
Signed by Adam Hughes [AH!]

This is the Adam Hughes star war exchange "ultra variant"
Got this one from my LCS, i forgot how many star wars #1s we had to trade for this variant, if I recall correctly it was 25 star wars #1 for this one copy. Only 2 on census in 9.8 SS. Def one of my favorite books in my personal collection. Wiggle

Captain Marvel 17 2nd print & Ms Marvel 1 1:100
I bought the Ms Marvel #1 comic already slabbed from an online friend,double signed. The Captain Marvel 17 came out of my collection. Extremely happy with the grade it got. Ive been enjoying Kamala's journey. If you haven't read ms marvel vol 1 you should, good stuff!!

Captain Marvel #17 2nd Print
Here is a mother comic that came out of my collection that i submitted with this batch, it also got a 9.8!!

I'll save the rest of this CGC submission for next time so keep checking back. Also got other few goodies I have acquired the past 3 months or so that I wasn't able to post because of the forums being down so I will be adding those here as well.

Cya guys next time

Rock Band
edited by brownchikano on 1/6/2016
1/6/2016
Topic:
Autographs/Signatures on Comics!

brownchikano
brownchikano
Personal taste. I just started to get into sig series books, ive sold a few, my double and triple to make up for my one copy that stays in my PC. Money is made by whoever is 1st to market on such book, speaking about moderns. Im getting a few books signed by bruce timm this weekend, will sell at least one, a modern variant, will keep my harley ones in the PC until i upgrade since my harleys wont be 9.8. Ive seen a bunch of books get signed that end up selling for less than fast track cgc costs, books like o hate fairyland, papar girls, spider gwen variants, to name a few.

Big and popular artist/writters seem to sell for more than your avg comic artist, writter. Ive gotten a few books signed that will be sharing in my back olissue threads, those were signed because I really like the cover and the artist such as adam hughes, brice timm, jscampbell etc.

My advice for those doing it to sell, is be smart about which books to sign andmake sure you wont ve losing money and only get hard to find variants or keys signed. Dont waste your time with new released #1s.....unless of course is for PC.
1/6/2016
Topic:
WTB: Batman 635 1st Red Hood & ASM 129

brownchikano
brownchikano
Looking to buy a copy or two of batman 635, 1st red hood in NM grade. Also looking for ASM 129 in mid grade.
1/6/2016
Topic:
Centerfold detached -- how high can it grade?

brownchikano
brownchikano
Cover deatched makes the book VG at best, i would think same can be said for centerfold??
1/6/2016
Topic:
-Brownchikano's Recent Comic Pick Ups-

brownchikano
brownchikano
Updated Gil!

rock on
edited by brownchikano on 1/6/2016
1/6/2016
Topic:
DOG'S COMIC HOUSE

brownchikano
brownchikano
Amazing!!! LOTS of great books there!!
1/6/2016
Topic:
Batman The Killing Joke

brownchikano
brownchikano
Awesome! Lookingnforward to cgc grades!
1/12/2016
Topic:
Gilgandra Back Issues 2.0

brownchikano
brownchikano
Awesome books Gil!!
I love Harley, just got a sweet harley book back from CGC myself.

Mad loves one of my favorite covers, got 2 issues myself, looking for more though as mine are not NM+
1/26/2016
Topic:
Oxbladder's stuff 3.0

brownchikano
brownchikano
Lots of goodies Ox, do you ever sell comcis?
You got 100s of books there.
Keep em coming.
4/17/2016
Topic:
Rebirth 2016

brownchikano
brownchikano
At first i wasnt happy, but now im excited for rebirth!
4/17/2016
Topic:
Gwenom Is Coming

brownchikano
brownchikano
Yup
4/17/2016
Topic:
WHAT'S HOT, WHAT'S NOT

brownchikano
brownchikano
Few mondern books gaining value.

Justice League 40, watch the variants
Monstress 1, watch 2nd print
WD 100 2nd print, duhh
Batman 21 1:25
Harley Quinn 26 1:25
Gwenpool 1 1:50
Harley Quinn/Suicide Squad April Fools 1 1:50

Harleys little black book #3 1:25 already selling for 5-+ on ebay, comes out this week!