Rebirth 2016 Messages in this topic - RSS

KyleRayner48
KyleRayner48

2/19/2016

KyleRayner48
KyleRayner48
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/02/18/dc-entertainment-reveals-first-details-of-%E2%80%9Crebirth%E2%80%9D-to-retailers-at-comics-pro-2016

All the following info can be found on the page linked above, but placed here to make ease of use

Here are the titles that you'll see relaunched:

June:
Rebirth Specials:
AQUAMAN REBIRTH #1
BATMAN REBIRTH #1
THE FLASH REBIRTH #1
GREEN ARROW REBIRTH #1
GREEN LANTERNS REBIRTH #1
SUPERMAN REBIRTH #1
TITANS REBIRTH #1
WONDER WOMAN REBIRTH #1

New #1 Issues (Shipping twice monthly):
AQUAMAN #1
BATMAN #1
THE FLASH #1
GREEN ARROW #1
GREEN LANTERNS #1
SUPERMAN #1
WONDER WOMAN #1

New Issues (Shipping twice monthly):
ACTION COMICS #957
DETECTIVE COMICS #934

July
Rebirth Specials:
BATGIRL & THE BIRDS OF PREY REBIRTH #1
HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS REBIRTH #1
THE HELLBLAZER REBIRTH #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE REBIRTH #1
NIGHTWING REBIRTH #1
RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS REBIRTH #1

HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE #1
NIGHTWING #1

New #1 Issues (Shipping monthly):
BATGIRL #1
BATGIRL & THE BIRDS OF PREY #1
THE HELLBLAZER #1
RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS #1
THE SUPER-MAN #1
TITANS #1

Fall
Rebirth Specials:
BATMAN BEYOND REBIRTH #1
BLUE BEETLE REBIRTH #1
CYBORG REBIRTH #1
DEATHSTROKE REBIRTH #1
EARTH 2 REBIRTH #1
SUICIDE SQUAD REBIRTH #1
SUPERGIRL REBIRTH #1
TEEN TITANS REBIRTH #1
TRINITY REBIRTH #1

CYBORG #1
DEATHSTROKE #1
HARLEY QUINN #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #1
SUICIDE SQUAD #1

New #1 Issues (Shipping monthly):
BATMAN BEYOND #1
BLUE BEETLE #1
EARTH 2 #1
GOTHAM ACADEMY: NEXT SEMESTER #1
SUPERGIRL #1
SUPERWOMAN #1
SUPER SONS #1
TEEN TITANS #1
TRINITY #1
edited by KyleRayner48 on 2/19/2016
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

2/19/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
Thanks for the information - before the video I had no idea what they were trying to do.
I think what I heard is get back to focused stories with the primary characters.
I do applaud DC for trying to tell the good stories. Time will tell if they succeed.
0 link
jarhead_84
jarhead_84

2/19/2016

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
As long as there are not 4,327 variant covers for every issue, things will be great!!! Getting a little tired of every issue having variants, etc. Just my opinion of course! lol
+1 link
KyleRayner48
KyleRayner48

2/19/2016

KyleRayner48
KyleRayner48
jarhead_84 wrote:
As long as there are not 4,327 variant covers for every issue, things will be great!!! Getting a little tired of every issue having variants, etc. Just my opinion of course! lol

I don't mind a few variants here and there for key issues, but yeah it's kinda outta hand right now
+1 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

2/19/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Bleh. They still have no idea what to do. Might have to go to zero DC floppies because of this relaunch. No interest in picking up books twice a month. I might consider trades though. Stopping my WW floppy after 23 years is sad upset
edited by Oxbladder on 2/19/2016
0 link
shoggoth80
shoggoth80

2/20/2016

shoggoth80
shoggoth80
So, DC is admitting they screwed their continuity like crazy. Lol.
There's titles in there that I certainly wouldn't mind reading. Batman, Hellblazer, and Superman make up the bulk of my DC reading, but I also like characters like Green Arrow, Lantern, Flash, the JLA, Nightwing (haven't read much though. Fixable). If they do a good job on these, I'm in. Lol.
+1 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

2/21/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
DC will fool a ton of people into spending more money in one year than they normally would. Sure they are dropping the price on some books but now you will be spending two dollars more than you would if the book stayed at 3.99 and only had a single issue a month.
0 link
Ert-man
Ert-man

3/8/2016

Ert-man
Ert-man
Oxbladder wrote:
DC will fool a ton of people into spending more money in one year than they normally would. Sure they are dropping the price on some books but now you will be spending two dollars more than you would if the book stayed at 3.99 and only had a single issue a month.

Its probably the point, but at least people will get an additional issue for $2 more.
0 link
Smallville0608
Smallville0608

3/19/2016

Smallville0608
Smallville0608
Hoping they will get it right this time. I will give a lot of these titles a try, but mostly in trade form.
0 link
KyleRayner48
KyleRayner48

3/29/2016

KyleRayner48
KyleRayner48
DCs panel @ Wondercon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeclvTBvADI
0 link
rgeer3
rgeer3

4/14/2016

rgeer3
rgeer3
Not a fan of bi-weekly issues and it seems that past attempts at bi-weekly have failed.
0 link
brownchikano
brownchikano

4/17/2016

brownchikano
brownchikano
At first i wasnt happy, but now im excited for rebirth!
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

4/19/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
jarhead_84 wrote:

of course note! There will be 4,358 variant covers...
Okay, I have no idea what I am talking about.
0 link
expander
expander

7/4/2016

expander
expander
I've picked up a few of these the ones I've read aren't too bad.

I was a little concerned about the direction I think they're trying to go with the "new" characters that are being thrown in @ the end of the issues.

As far as variants go there are already four or five covers to some of the DCU:Rebirth one shots out there. And it looks like DC learned nothing from the new 52 madness.

It is nice to have a definite ending point for the completionists out there.

I have been pursuing the Trade (TPB) versus "floppy" as Ox so eloquently stated myself and have found it to be an appealing way to collect. It's a great way to get more "story-for-your-buck", my only caveat to the trades is that I notice that some don't include every issue and it becomes a "best of after issue #20 ,30, or 40.

(I know this is a DC thread but Deadpool Classic is an example of including extras such as NM#98 and a cover gallery and so on) I'm just saying it's not a bad example to follow
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

7/11/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
DC has been brutal for not including all issues of a series in their trades. They have gotten better but they still do it. Marvel rarely does it and Image and other publishers never.

I just don't understand why the brain trust at DC does what they do. I think it is because they are are lead by a bunch of old guard who believe they know everything.
0 link
expander
expander

7/11/2016

expander
expander
AMEN to that! the new 52 trades are absolutely atrocious for contiguous content.
0 link