ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper
This one right here!

5/2/2017
Topic:
Who's Your Favorite Cover Artist?

ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper
Ghastly Graham Ingels! (Huge EC fan here).
5/2/2017
Topic:
Where Have All the Users Gone

ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper
I'm new to the board! I collect mostly EC Comics so if anyone would like to chat about EC, please feel free to contact me!

Looking forward to discussing comics with everyone on this board.
5/2/2017
Topic:
EC Comics Discussion

ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board and enjoying my time here so far. Looking forward to meeting some fellow collectors and discussing comics.

I mainly collect EC Comics and found while browsing the forum that there is no thread specifically dedicated to EC so I figured I'd start one.

Any other EC collectors on here? I'd love to see some collections and discuss favorite cover art, stories, etc.
5/3/2017
Topic:
EC Comics Discussion

ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper
Thanks for the replies everyone! ECs, even reprints, are pretty tough to come by. It's taken me many trips to many LCS over many years to build my collection. I have an almost complete reprint collection (of the EC titles I collect) so I've officially started acquiring some of the originals. I currently have my first slabbed comic on its way to me (Tales From the Crypt #26).
5/3/2017
Topic:
Your Opinion: Most Iconic Covers

ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper
Gilgandra wrote:
Wow Comic Joe ...Now that's iconic Whaaaaa?

Absolutely! I'm sure you know the history behind it. Definitely fits the definition of "iconic."
5/4/2017
Topic:
EC Comics Discussion

ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper
Awesome books everyone! I'll post pics of some of my books over the weekend when I have time to go through them.
5/5/2017
Topic:
EC Comics Discussion

ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper
sclingerman wrote:
I don't have any, but I absolutely love comics from the EC age - especially Pre-Code. I've got some reprints, but finding and actually paying for the originals is another matter.

Tell me about it. I'm almost complete with my reprint collection and have just recently started collecting originals. Not easy to do unless you focus on low - midgrade.
5/5/2017
Topic:
EC Comics Discussion

ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper
Defiant1 wrote:
I have three pages of EC art... the old stuff.

Artist: Harley M. Griffiths

Picture Stories From World History Page 9

Picture Stories From World History Page 10

Picture Stories From World History Page 11

Defiant1
edited by Defiant1 on 5/5/2017

This is very cool!
5/5/2017
Topic:
EC Comics Discussion

ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper
In addition to my slabbed Tales From the Crypt #26 on its way to me, I now also have a Shock SuspenStories #17 coming. I love that scarecrow art and the color scheme on that one.
5/5/2017
Topic:
Why Do YOU Collect Comics?

ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper
Hi everyone,

I'm still new to the board so I figure this must have been discussed somewhere here at some point. Forgive me if it has.

My question is in the title of the thread... why do YOU collect comics? Is it because you love reading the stories? Is it because you love the art and cover art? Is it just based on nostalgia? Is it for home display reasons?

Why do you collect?
5/6/2017
Topic:
EC Comics Discussion

ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper
This arrived today.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1osqgzl.jpg[/IMG]

Still waiting for my Shock SuspenStories 17. Should be here on Monday.
5/17/2017
Topic:
Why Do YOU Collect Comics?

ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper
Nostalgia is a big reason for me. I collect mostly EC comics since I grew up reading the reprints. Other comics I collect are usually also from my childhood (Midnight Sons Unlimited for example).
I'm a huge Watchmen fan as well so I've been getting the DC Rebirths tie-ins and am really enjoying that story.
I keep all of my ECs on a spin rack (again... for nostalgia) and really love how they look displayed.
5/17/2017
Topic:
EC Comics Discussion

ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper
Defiant1 wrote:
Here's my copy:

Defiant1

Very nice! It's such a great cover. I've gotten a few more since my last post (Haunt of Fear #19, Haunt of Fear #5) and still have a few more on the way.